»
Topic: Ump was bad but that didn’t cost us the game
Replies: 14   Last Post: May 27, 2018 8:33 AM by: mamagtiger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14  

Ump was bad but that didn’t cost us the game

[1]
Posted: May 26, 2018 9:54 PM

He was bad both ways and inconsistent all night. I wasn’t feeling it after we didn’t score with bases loaded. Our bullpen just didn’t get it done tonight. Still a great season though and plenty to look forward to.

Having 3-5 batters called out on strikes that were clearly balls...

[2]
Posted: May 26, 2018 9:58 PM

Didn’t help any.

~JKB

Re: Having 3-5 batters called out on strikes that were clearly balls...

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:06 PM

exactly...........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we always seem to get bad umps and referees in games

Posted: May 26, 2018 9:59 PM

that have meaning.
its a conspiracy I tell you!!!

I agree

[2]
Posted: May 26, 2018 10:01 PM

It amazes me that the ACC seems to have a stranglehold on either blind or incompetent umps and refs

Re: I agree

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:08 PM

ACC commissioner, bottom line. Get rid of that polecat.

Who supplies the umps in the Regional?

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:20 PM

Clemson will never get a fair shake from the ACC.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

Re: I agree

Posted: May 27, 2018 8:33 AM

AMEN!!!!

Re: Ump was bad but that didn’t cost us the game

[2]
Posted: May 26, 2018 10:05 PM

you obviously were watching a different game than me........BS........There were bad calls on both side but FSU got about a 10 to 1 advantage over Clemson.........was not even close.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Well I was watching the game where we gave up runs

[1]
Posted: May 26, 2018 10:14 PM

On a wild pitch and a one from an unearned walked batter that scored on a double after some crazy fast pitch attempt. Not gonna name names but our bullpen didn’t make its best effort and FSU’s did a little better. The called third strike in the first inning was ridiculous. I even commented on it then. But i just though the ump was consistently inconsistent all night. I don’t remember him hurting us as much as we did.

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:06 PM

It’s definitely not just this game, there’s been some awful umpiring in our games this year. It’s extremely frustrating when our boys are seeing the pitches well, which aren’t touching any part of the plate, and getting penalized for taking a bad pitch. How about instead of calling it poorly both ways, you call it correctly both ways for a change. Shouldn’t have to settle with consistently bad umps. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again — it’s awful that these are NCAA umpires getting paid to do this. Garbage.

Win the dern Regional.

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:18 PM

Yeah I agree it’s crazy these are “the best” they seem to be able to get. That home plate umpire had no clue where the strike zone was. He called anything between the batters boxes a strike. Like this isn’t rec league softball...

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:18 PM

I think it did coast us the game. We also had too many batters looking at[taking] very good pitches and swinging at awful pitches. Williams swinging at a ball even with his nose on the last out was symptomatic. Our guys are taking pitches they should be able to hit hard. Gilliam pitched well enough to win it but walks will kill you. Winning run was a walked batter.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: May 26, 2018 10:40 PM

You my friend don't know baseball.

You aren’t my friend and

[3]
Posted: May 26, 2018 10:53 PM

You’re an idiot if you think the ump threw wild pitches, walked batters, and didn’t bat in RISP. Maybe one day I will be as knowledgeable as you.

Replies: 14  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: Six tickets ordered through IPTAY will be available this week. I ordered tickets in the Club Sectio...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
954 people have read this post