Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USuC Tyreek Johnson and Caleb Kinlaw are lost for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

USuC Tyreek Johnson and Caleb Kinlaw are lost for the season

Aug 11, 2018, 12:45 PM

with knee injuries.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USuC Tyreek Johnson and Caleb Kinlaw are lost for the season

Aug 11, 2018, 12:48 PM

hate to see that , I pull for all these young people, you know they are heartbroken ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2018, 12:54 PM

Hate it for these young men. Work so hard and then have a set back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2018, 3:28 PM

Kinlaw is from my home town, it’s unfortunate to see him get hurt and I hope he recovers very quickly

Aug 11, 2018, 12:55 PM

Who are they and where did you see that

per KornCOOT***

Aug 11, 2018, 3:07 PM

Aug 11, 2018, 1:26 PM

Looks legit.

Johnson was a freshman DL who probably wasn't going to see much time, and Kinlaw was a senior RB who was down to 4th-5th on the depth chart and was a pure special-teams guy.

Neither was likely to have much impact this year but you still hate it for the kids. Rehabbing from these kind of injuries is distinctly Not Fun.

ACL injuries are probably the worst part of the game. Hate 'em. Truly.

Good luck to these guys in their knee injury recoveries.

Aug 11, 2018, 1:57 PM

Unfortunately, recovery from the knee injuries is going to be a lot easier than recovery from being a coot! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Aug 11, 2018, 3:21 PM

Hate to see any kid have a serious injury regardless of their team. They work hard to be the best they cam and then a blow such as this dashes those dreams.

I mentioned this in a post a couple or three years ago. I played high school football in the 1930's, a game vastly different from what we see today. I never heard of an ACL injury or knee injuries that are so common today. We were not as big as today's players nor did we have weight training and other programs to add weight and/or muscle. Most of the guys lived on a farm and were physically tough due to farm chores and plenty of walking. On the first day of fall practice we put on the pads and went full blast. We didn't have to get in shape, we stayed in shape all year. We tackled just as hard as they do now and out equipment did not provide the protection of current equipment. Is size a factor re knee injuries or are there other factors involved? What is your take?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any Pics Joe...

Aug 11, 2018, 7:14 PM

of the Farm Equipment that is. Ha...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Pics Joe...

Aug 11, 2018, 8:42 PM

Bill --- Are you too youmg to remember what a mule looks like?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate it for those guys

Aug 11, 2018, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: USuC Tyreek Johnson and Caleb Kinlaw are lost for the season ]

I’m not nearly as seasoned as you are Joe but even I don’t remeber these knee injuries being so prevalent when I was younger. Maybe I’m off base here but I don’t remember them happening as often.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2018, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: USuC Tyreek Johnson and Caleb Kinlaw are lost for the season ]

Joe21® said:

Hate to see any kid have a serious injury regardless of their team. They work hard to be the best they cam and then a blow such as this dashes those dreams.

I mentioned this in a post a couple or three years ago. I played high school football in the 1930's, a game vastly different from what we see today. I never heard of an ACL injury or knee injuries that are so common today. We were not as big as today's players nor did we have weight training and other programs to add weight and/or muscle. Most of the guys lived on a farm and were physically tough due to farm chores and plenty of walking. On the first day of fall practice we put on the pads and went full blast. We didn't have to get in shape, we stayed in shape all year. We tackled just as hard as they do now and out equipment did not provide the protection of current equipment. Is size a factor re knee injuries or are there other factors involved? What is your take?

Joe21® said:

Hi Joe, I believe there are more players playing today. More frequencies of injury therefore. Th Wes is more ramped too. So I’d an injury occurs you def hear about it. Back in the day, say Gale sayers, tears a ligament. That’s a wrap. No more sports. No more explosive movement or mobility. Today we can rehab. What REALLY sucks is being a normal person and tearing a ligament. Juggle a full-tile job and family while rehabbing a ligament. That’s the worst.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic