Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC's pitching staff is LIGHT YEARS better than ours.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

USC's pitching staff is LIGHT YEARS better than ours.

Jun 21, 2012, 11:24 PM

Coot pitchers make the ball do whatever they want...such control. I think it's mix of natural talent and coaching (speaking of which, Pepicelli should be coaching 8-year old girls' t-ball...he is a horrifyingly AWFUL pitching coach...quite possibly the worst I've ever seen).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC's pitching staff is LIGHT YEARS better than ours.

Jun 21, 2012, 11:29 PM

It isn't fair to your coaches to compare them to USC. USC is the back to back champs with a 3 peat in the cards.

Well, there's a reason for that...

Jun 21, 2012, 11:30 PM

See my original post.

You really have no clue.***

Jun 21, 2012, 11:32 PM

Re: You really have no clue.***

Jun 22, 2012, 7:13 PM

baseball fan;; do U think that Jack regrets not going after all the Clemson guys that he could have had if he only offered??the coots have lots of them that Jack thinks are not good enough for us but they KICK OUR BUTTS!! how do U continue to support this mess Jack has us in??how bad must it get before U think we need a change???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just call 'em like I see 'em******

Jun 21, 2012, 11:35 PM

Jun 21, 2012, 11:51 PM

What specifically about Pep do you not like? Style and coaching technique wise...

Jun 22, 2012, 12:23 AM

How many pitching coaches have you seen? Literally? They don't really show them much or discuss their methods much on tv. So, you obviously have spent a lot of time involved intimately with a lot of D1 baseball programs to rank him worst of all that you've seen. Could you please rough out a list of all the pitching coaches you've "seen." I'd love to know who all ours is worse than.

Or, like most baseball hysterics, you've been paying attention since June 2010 and think that because Carolina is better than us that we should burn the house down. Well, if you'd pay attention, it's not just us they're beating. If it is pitching you care so much about, Michael Roth now owns or is tied for every meaningful CWS stat there is. How is that a reflection on our staff. We didn't get chumped by a bum in 2010. If anything, it is USCs staff who had no idea what they had on their hands. If anything, we're about the only team that seems to be able to even consistently give them a game.

Clemson is not entitled to anything in this rivalry. I, like a lot of you, have come to take winning against them for granted. For the first time in the 100+ years of our rivalry, South Carolina is truly excellent at something. When we move back ahead of them in the years to come, it will finally mean something as opposed to all the years we spent so much emotional energy caring about a bottom feeder opponent. It sucks watching them continue this run, but throwing our own people under the bus serves no good going forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2012, 9:22 AM

I have to agree with you. Basicly I've told whom ever I've talked about the difference in the two teams. I see us close to the same except for pitching. They just have better pitching than we do, and that alone I beleive is the biggest difference. As much as it sucks, and as much as I hate how it sucks. The coots are as good as advertised. We can't take anything from Tanner either. I hope that #### goes to the Bigs after this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2012, 10:24 AM

It seems to me that it is the Tanner/Holbrook/Meyers triumvirate that is unstoppable. Something has to give, hopefully soon. Meyers may jump at another head coaching job. Holbrook turned down a big offer from Tennessee last year (suppposedly) but how long is he really willing to wait to be a head coach. I know he has pretty deeps ties to Columbia, but he isn't going to wait forever. And people have been saying for years that Tanner wants into administration. Pretty weird for a guy to be so successful at coaching but not have his heart 100% in it. You have to think something has to break this love fest up soon.

Losing Michael Roth is going to hurt a lot too. I don't think people have really wrapped their heads around what he has done the last three years. Their fanbase has developed insane expectations. They freak out after any loss. It might not be much fun for these coaches who have accomplished so much to have to put up with a bunch unappreciative fans while they struggle to replace Roth next year. Not that I think they won't be good, but as soon as they have a season where they aren't a lock for a national seed, or good forbid have to travel for a regional, those fans are going to go batsh*t crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unappreciative Fans???

Jun 22, 2012, 10:49 AM

For the record I don't any fan that actually expected USC to go past the Super this year. And that wasn't exactly bothering anyone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Re: Unappreciative Fans???

Jun 22, 2012, 1:53 PM

Obviously the team has been shown plenty of love from the community. But check out the vitriol on fgf anytime they so much as trail in a game. And I've been at numerous Carolina games, including some sparsely attended midweek games. I was projecting forward - what's it going be like when they don't break 40 wins and lose in a regional. There will be a vocal element either call for Ray to be made AD and promote up Holbrook or they'll go the other way and decide Holbrook needs to go. There have already been several threads on fgf implying something needs to be done about his hitting instruction.

Re: Unappreciative Fans???

Jun 22, 2012, 10:53 PM

I can't stand FGF, but might go on there once a year. Went over there the night they lost and couldn't believe the fans over there. There were calling for the head of the batting coach, saying how much they disapproved of a lot of Tanner's play calls. This is after a 22-game run!!! For some reason, some of them think they are not supposed to ever lose.

Jun 22, 2012, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: USC's pitching staff is LIGHT YEARS better than ours. ]

Viztiz...that was one of the most sensible posts I've seen on here in a long time...if this was UCLA (or anybody else) going for a third Championship, most of the fandom would not care...it's just unfortunate that one of the best teams in recent history in the COUNTRY happens to be our in-state rival...we have a great class coming in, with "potentially" some great pitching and big bats. Only time will tell.

Jun 22, 2012, 7:45 AM

Ah yes, another dumb A$$ that never made it past t-ball thinks he knows about pitching.

> Coot pitchers make the ball do whatever they
> want...such control. I think it's mix of natural
> talent and coaching (speaking of which, Pepicelli
> should be coaching 8-year old girls' t-ball...he is a
> horrifyingly AWFUL pitching coach...quite possibly
> the worst I've ever seen).

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic