Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC Game Thoughts- Long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

USC Game Thoughts- Long

Nov 20, 2017, 1:10 PM

I believe the game this weekend will definitely be intriguing. Both teams are pretty healthy at this point in the season getting back key players. They obviously have the home crowd on their side. Here are my thoughts....

USC Offense vs Our Defense- They are in a pickle. They cannot think they will be able to sustain drives against our defense. They will probably want big plays, however, for big plays the QB usually needs time. I do not see their offensive line being able to block our guys in passing situations. I do not believe they will have much success running at all either. Our front should not need much help controlling the box therefore we should be able to devote extra guys to the pass or blitz if needed. I think Bentley may pick up a few yards here and there on scrambles. Look for us to get after him early and often. He has not been good under pressure (most QB's aren't). The only thing I am concerned about is a trick play or 2 that may be successful against our aggressive defense. I would not be surprised to see them try to uptempo as well to try and wear our guys out (Syracuse) maybe even trying to work right and left to get them running. At the end of the day they will be under 300 yards of total offense. Less than 100 running. We will have 3+ sacks and multiple TFLs with at least 1 turnover.

USC Defense vs. Our Offense- Another interesting matchup here on how the USC defense will try to stop us. If they try to zone us to slow down the pass game and help in QB runs and scrambles I believe our running backs will have a nice day. If they play man, we should have mismatches at multiple positions with Cain and his size and speed and then whoever their freshman CB Williams is guarding. Also, when teams play man, if the QB run game breaks the first level, there is lots of green grass to run. I believe they will try to go with a mixture of both but they will try to load up to stop the run. Kelly should have a nice day passing (like Fromm did when they tried to stop GA run game). Feaster and/or ETN will also break a long one.

SPECIAL TEAMS- FG for both sides is a toss up especially in big moments. The jury is still out. I hope McCloud does not try to do to much on punt returns as that has hurt is in Columbia before. SECURE THE BALL.

Outcome- I see this being like VT and UL. On the road in a hostile environment. Night Game. A little doubt or worry in a few fans minds. People saying just weather the storm early. Yet we come out and suck the life out of the stadium early. Outcome will be something around the 34-17 range with 7 of theirs coming in garbage time. It will be a domination.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC Game Thoughts- Long

Nov 20, 2017, 1:17 PM

Oh, I hope they plan to incorporate some QB runs. Bentley may get his fivehead smashed in.

Nov 20, 2017, 1:22 PM

Just hope our defense remembers the Bentley quote about "they are not much better than us, if better at all" everytime they sack him...just saying...

Nov 20, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: USC Game Thoughts- Long ]

I do not think they will incorporate the run game. But he has scrambled a few times on 3rd and medium and long to pick up the first. If they actually try to run him then they are desperate and will be without him for the bowl game.

YeP..but gonna be tight & close for awhile but

Nov 20, 2017, 1:17 PM

anything can happen in college football rivalries and with that crazy starved bunch of fans & team that are almost mentally ill hearing about & watching Clemson succeed at the very highest level of achievement..

I could see a major upset..

But I would have to see it to believe it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YeP..but gonna be tight & close for awhile but

Nov 20, 2017, 2:02 PM

Of COURSE LBB can see a major upset. If course.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing I do know from experiencing this rivalry for many

Nov 20, 2017, 1:22 PM

many years, specifically watching this team this year, and from college football in general:

it 'ill turn out very different from what most of us suspect.

Hopefully the result will be much like last year. But I would NEVER bet on it. Or bet on any particular outcome.

I think it's an 8-10 point game.***

Nov 20, 2017, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Don't know what schedule you are looking at

Nov 20, 2017, 1:29 PM

But we play South Carolina this weekend HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know what schedule you are looking at

Nov 20, 2017, 1:54 PM

My bad! USuC* thanks for the correction lol

Re: USuC Game Thoughts- Long

Nov 20, 2017, 1:35 PM

USuC Offense vs Our Defense: Look for trick plays, a moving pocket (they're going to get Jake out in space away from our D-line) and a game plan that mimics Syracuse. Syracuse, NC State and FSU all had levels of success with quick passes. With no run game, that's their plan. We need our secondary to be healthy and ready for that and we need our d-line to get a push to disrupt the lines of scrimmage.

USuC Defense vs. Our Offense: The first thing that comes to mind here is our execution. We have got to play the game that I know we're capable of on offense. No dropped balls, no turnovers. Run. The. Football. I am curious to how USuC attacks us on defense. Will they sell out to stop the run (didn't really work out well with Georgia)? Disguised blitzes to confuse Bryant? I think it boils down to can we execute on offense? Can we play mistake free football?

Special teams: no turnovers. Kick the ball into the endzone or don't allow returns. The freakin' Citadel was getting return yards on us.

I see the potential for Clemson to dominate. It all depends on how we play execute.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Game will boil down to KB passing accuracy & TOs***

Nov 20, 2017, 1:58 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic