Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USAToday - ACC faces uncertain future, and it's not alone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 707

USAToday - ACC faces uncertain future, and it's not alone

Nov 20, 2012, 10:38 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2012/11/19/college-sports-maryland-rutgers-acc-big-east-expansion-realignment/1715913/

"If I were still a commissioner, I'd be concerned," said Gene Corrigan, a former athletics director at Virginia and Notre Dame before serving as ACC commissioner from 1987-97. "I'm bewildered. I think there's all kinds of stuff that is coming as a result of today. It's just crazy. Are there other people out there? I just don't know where these conferences are going numbers-wise."
Corrigan isn't alone among those with deep ACC ties.

Sports Illustrated reported strong comments from Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski that were taped Monday for his weekly Sirius XM radio show, which will air Wednesday: "I think the ACC is vulnerable right now, I'm concerned about our conference."

Krzyzewski continued: "I do think more people are going to go after people in our conference now. Especially if Maryland shows that in some way they can reduce or get out of that $50 million commitment."

And then this from Notre Dame basketball coach Mike Brey, via the South Bend Tribune: "Is the ACC stable? Are we OK or what are we doing here? Interesting times."

Not exactly reassuring comments from two of the most respected people with ACC ties, especially on one of the most somber days in league history.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USAToday - ACC faces uncertain future, and it's not alone

Nov 20, 2012, 10:52 AM

That's why (from an ACC point of view, not necessarily a CU point of view if CU wishes to leave) the ACC should play hardball with Maryland on the 50 mil. If the cows learn there's no electricity in the fence, they'll knock it down.

Oh and memo to ND's basketball coach... Instability is exactly what your institution is choosing by only half-joining a conference. Any conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever happens the ACC doesn't care either about

Nov 20, 2012, 10:56 AM

my opinions or whether or not what they do is good for the student athlete. It will all be about money. Always is always will be...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: Whatever happens the ACC doesn't care either about

Nov 20, 2012, 11:04 AM

Notre Dame shouldn't make any comment other than "ND will now officially be an ACC Football team"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 707
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic