Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UMD Pres
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

UMD Pres

Aug 21, 2018, 3:18 PM

The victim's father released a statement through his attorney that UMD president has shown great transparency, decency and humanity throughout the situation and that it would be a shame if he was fired because of how honest and open he's been. As a father I'm sure that was extremely hard to say and if true I'm proud of the UMD president for handling this in a manner that the family of the victim can be put first before trying to protect the university.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was surprised to see them step up so fast...

Aug 21, 2018, 4:02 PM

and take blame. Pretty much guaranteeing a settlement and fault.

On the #HumansBeingBros tip - very commendable for that AD. Can't be easy for them. It's a very large battle on multiple fronts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's #### shame that the President does the right thing

Aug 21, 2018, 5:01 PM

and is now at risk of being fired.

The board of trustees should be hit over the head with a hammer if they fire him. Then they should be removed from their positions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check the calendar.

Aug 21, 2018, 5:29 PM

The president and AD did “the right thing” two months after the kid died...when the story finally hit the news.

They had been hoping the whole story would just go away, but then it came up and they were forced to act.

It was all a disgusting cover-up job. Not the right thing at all.

There's your opinion

Aug 21, 2018, 5:40 PM

But then there's his family's opinion that is the one that matters in this situation. If it's what those effected feel is the right way for the situation to be handled then they're doing it correctly in my opinion. Honestly I don't shame them for not instantly going public with it because there's not a single piece of good that can come out of that except to fill us with a story while media outlets harass the family during the darkest time of their life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kid dies in June.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:08 PM

President and AD rush to the family’s home in August to “comfort” them.

Think about it...

I highly suspect the President was lied too

Aug 21, 2018, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Check the calendar. ]

One of following is true:

1) AD wasn't aware of the toxic culture of the program, and didn't think to do any digging after Jordan's death to really figure out if anything happened that would have them at fault.

2) The AD could have caught wind of some issues, but spared those in his communication with the president.

On both instances, I can see 1) the president not know the issues at hand either b/c the AD didn't know them either, or 2), the AD refrained from sharing any incriminating details or short comings that would indite himself incompetence. In this instance, again the President isn't truly aware of any issues.

In both instances, this would lead to the President learning about the culture the same time the general public knew.

The president does not appear to be incompetent, or complicit in any cover up. His speech was one of actual sadness, remorse (and some anger) at what has happened. I don't even believe them coming out and admitting guilt is a calculated/ strategic move either. In a rare instance, I'm confident this is actual remorse and choosing to do what is right.

And, if for that reason he is fired, that is some BS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic