Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA with problems - “toxic environment- racism”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

UGA with problems - “toxic environment- racism”

Sep 23, 2020, 10:25 AM

First it was Justin Fields - leaving due to racism. No problem - uga approved transfer - no waiting.
Then Mays transferred - blocked, but then approved by NCAA - but still blocked by UGA.
Now another - Otis Reese wanted to get away from UGA “toxic environment” - and UGA is blocking.

Wonder why they approved Fields and block the others? Maybe the attorney did a better job?

Smells bad - no matter what is the cause.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA with problems - “toxic environment- racism”

Sep 23, 2020, 10:29 AM

Fields approved and other blocked because the others are trying to transfer to an SEC school.

I think that is pretty standard to block players trying to go to a school in your own conference.

Block doesn't mean they can't transfer, it just means they can't be eligible immediately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. Fields went thru because he lawyered up

Sep 24, 2020, 10:42 AM

Uga didn't want to face a rassist lawsuit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Not buying it...

Sep 23, 2020, 10:33 AM

Far be it from me to defend UGa. They are far and away the most vile and repugnant fans I have ever encountered ANYWHERE. That said, maybe UGa does have systemic racial issues. I don't know but it seems to me the timing of this is more indicative of a disgruntled kid simply playing the race card in order to get something he wants which is immediate eligibility to play. Of course, Fields pretty much did the same thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Not buying it...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:24 PM

Maybe has a problem? The way they run black QBs off it is a real problem.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:21 PM

Then why would they recruit a kid knowing his race and run him off? Makes no sense to waste a scholarship just to get rid of them and leave your team short. Something is not adding up here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2020, 1:24 PM

What about their latest black QB ? He transferred there then sits out. Just asking now.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:29 PM

Don't know what is going on but it will definitely affect their recruiting if this keeps happening. Maybe they are over signing and then running kids off they don't want after better players sign. I still don't see how Fromm was the starter over Fields. Kirby Dumb if you ask me. Lol

Sep 23, 2020, 2:06 PM

I don't know what is going on @ UGA. They appear to not want a mobile QB. You can read what ever you like into that.

Sep 23, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Not buying it... ]

I don't know what is going on @ UGA. They appear to not want a mobile QB. You can read what ever you like into that.

Mays transferred becasue his dad had his finger cut off

Sep 23, 2020, 11:29 AM

by a folding chair at a meeting. Not sure how you could justify not sitting out for that circumstance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Well...because of the lawsuit that resulted...

Sep 23, 2020, 11:39 AM

roughly two years after the incident.

Frankly, I don't blame him for transferring but that isn't justification for not having to sit a year before being eligible to play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The justification for Mays immediately playing is simple.

Sep 23, 2020, 1:46 PM

The NCAA knows he already has an attorney.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mays transferred becasue his dad had his finger cut off

Sep 23, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Mays transferred becasue his dad had his finger cut off ]

Except that incident happened very early in his relationship with Georgia. Transfer didn’t happen until much later. Sounds to me like it’s being used as a convenient excuse. Why didn’t he request it when it happened and how odd to leave because of a freak accident the university had no control over. I’m no fan of UGA but this young man stiffed Clemson and then did same to them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The funniest part of the law suit is...

Sep 23, 2020, 12:19 PM

the mother is also listed as a plaintiff and she is suing for "loss of consortium" which is legal ease for the deprivation of the benefits of a marital relationship (i.e., not being able to bump uglies and do the nasty).

I don't understand. You sound legalistic - post videos or

Sep 23, 2020, 1:24 PM

pics of this consortium stuff for better clarification ?

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Probably looks a little something like this (pic).

Sep 23, 2020, 1:32 PM

Re: Probably looks a little something like this (pic).

Sep 23, 2020, 1:34 PM

Lmao!

I'm no lawyer - thankfully - but that looks like NON-

Sep 23, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Probably looks a little something like this (pic). ]

consortium ?

I'm trying to get clarification on what she was missing out on.

(ASIDE: with no mouth, pre-consortium seems an impossibility as well. Note to self - keep away from folding chairs)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Perhaps...just maybe...

Sep 23, 2020, 4:26 PM

the finger he lost was bigger/better than his willy

Re: The funniest part of the law suit is...

Sep 23, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to The funniest part of the law suit is... ]

So you’re saying the amputated pinky in question was actually the third leg? I can see why he sued - not sure I would want my pinky sized pinky publicized though. Maybe that’s what caused the transfer.

You know, the NCAA could easily fix all of these BS requests

Sep 23, 2020, 11:44 AM

buy simply making it clear that if a player transfers from one Division 1 program to another, there is a mandatory one year waiting period before being eligible to play. No appeals, no waivers, no conference interference, no exceptions, no nothing. It applies equally, fairly, and consistently to everyone. You want to transfer...go right ahead but your a$$ is going to sit for one year before you can play again. It's just that simple. Of course, that would require the NCAA to actually grow a pair.

Re: You know, the NCAA could easily fix all of these BS requests

Sep 23, 2020, 12:22 PM

The NCAA has no authority over College football any more. That was made clear this year for sure.

Re: You know, the NCAA could easily fix all of these BS requests

Sep 23, 2020, 2:52 PM

Actually, they still do in terms of player eligibility, recruiting rules/violations etc.

People act like the NCAA is some foreign organization that schools are forced to deal with. The NCAA is formed to benefit its member institutions. The school presidents/BOTs are the ultimate deciders on the NCAA rules, how they will structure themselves, what reforms are needed, etc.

If we fired all NCAA employees today and blew up the HQ in Indy, the schools would then need to form a new overseeing body to make sure rules are enforced, etc. The could even give it a different name. But in the end, wouldn't it be almost exactly the same thing?

Nah, there are valid reasons. The NCAA just needs to be more

Sep 23, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to You know, the NCAA could easily fix all of these BS requests ]

consistent and uniform in their decisions.

Of course though, asking the NCAA to be consistent and fair in their judgments is and has always been a problem.

Ruff-Ruff!

Sep 23, 2020, 2:09 PM

or is it Arff-Arff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SO with Jamie Newman was it race or toxicity?

Sep 23, 2020, 4:55 PM

I never did see a real reason why he bailed out of UGA...anybody else?

Re: SO with Jamie Newman was it race or toxicity?

Sep 24, 2020, 1:36 PM

I think both sides agreed to cancel. When that happened you had to go undefeated to get to the NC game. Now I think Clemson wants to play other SEC teams every year but has put UGA back on the schedule but not every year.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic