Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014

Mar 19, 2014, 6:58 PM

by Matt Brown

But in reality, few teams are as equipped to make a leap straight to College Football Playoff caliber play than Georgia, which endured a rough 2013 fraught with a combination of bad injury luck and a young, raw defense that returned only three starters, but is now positioned to rebound in a big way.

By no means is Georgia a lock to turn all of this into a championship team, but it won't take a miracle, only the emergence of a few steady players at defensive back, who can take advantage of the pressure generated by the front seven, and on the offensive line -- yes, along with Mason developing into a productive starting quarterback, which is not guaranteed. Everything else is in place, assuming the bad news stops.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/69575230/georgia-bulldogs-college-football-playoff-contenders-2014

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...here we go again.

Mar 19, 2014, 7:01 PM

Bruce Feldman has also been drinking the UGA Kool-Aid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they probably have the most players on NFL rosters

Mar 19, 2014, 7:14 PM

or at least in the top 5.....marry that up with the underachieving on the field every year, the off the field annual circus/discipline issues, and the fan base that needs no explanation, well, you can fill in the rest. I hope they get pounded all year long. Old school Tiger fans feel about Georgia almost what we feel about the Chickens. The Chickens own the most despised trophy, Georgia is in the same room with them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES, we DO!

Mar 19, 2014, 7:20 PM

and yes THEY ARE!!!

daam da dawgs!

Re: they probably have the most players on NFL rosters

Mar 19, 2014, 8:33 PM [ in reply to they probably have the most players on NFL rosters ]

Don't forget the tarholes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: they probably have the most players on NFL rosters

Mar 19, 2014, 10:49 PM [ in reply to they probably have the most players on NFL rosters ]

As long as Richt is there, they wont win a title.

Preseason favorites in the COPS poll....***

Mar 19, 2014, 7:32 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying?

Mar 19, 2014, 7:51 PM

That if EVERYTHING goes right for UGA, they'll be in the playoff. Hmmm, they must be a pretty unique team, you know, one that doesn't lean on one running back for the entirety of their success.

Send them some "Get out of Jail Free" cards

Mar 19, 2014, 10:45 PM

and one the back... not redeemable for cash/

Re: Send them some "Get out of Jail Free" cards

Mar 19, 2014, 10:50 PM

Richt, like his mentor Bowden, recruits thugs. A thug in High school will be a thug in College.

Re: So you're saying?

Mar 19, 2014, 10:54 PM [ in reply to So you're saying? ]

I think their D, not their O, will be the big question mark. I know most Ga. fans hate Bobo, but he runs a pretty good offense.

Same story, different year...

Mar 19, 2014, 8:56 PM

Every #### year it's UGA this and UGA is a top 5 favorite to win it all.

They have the talent but don't deliver.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, he's not worried about replacing 4 OL starters?

Mar 19, 2014, 9:16 PM

As we know, that's a big deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014

Mar 19, 2014, 10:48 PM

Georgia has had the talent to make a run at the National title pretty much every year for the last 7 or 8 years. Coaching has been their problem. If their D gets its bugs worked out, they have the talent to win a title.

Mar 19, 2014, 10:50 PM

said the same thing last year, but something happened in game 1

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2014, 10:52 PM

Georgia is loaded with talent. Problem is most of that talent is not loaded with brains. Defensive personnel did not have enough smarts to run the scheme.

Mar 19, 2014, 10:56 PM

as good as Jeremy Pruitt is, it is year one at UGA and this is not Morris' first rodeo against him
Having said that, I have no idea what to expect out of our offense. It is not that the pieces are not in place, but Stoudt better not get rattled down in Athens.

Mar 19, 2014, 11:04 PM

I hope we beat them. I live in Georgia, and Dawgs annoy me worse than Coots annoy most of yall. Dont flame me, but it I would rather beat Ga. than beat the old drunk ball coach.

Mar 19, 2014, 11:18 PM

FSU is the game I want the most this year. The coots and dawgs are a wash for me.

As far as the coots, 6 in a row would be hard to swallow.

i would rather beat uga, but would rather not lose to usuc.***

Mar 20, 2014, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014 ]

Mar 20, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014 ]

our defensive secondary will w/o a doubt be our weakness again this fall.....but morris has to replace 90% of his offensive production from 2013. i don't expect stoudt to account for 5 tds like Boyd did last season.

you know his completion %, and who his dad is ,meaning

Mar 20, 2014, 11:25 AM

that you have to know that he knows the qb position, especially when rivals,scout,24/7 etc, rave about kids whose dad's were their h.s. coaches and i think playing in the nfl trumps that a tad,don't you?

Re: you know his completion %, and who his dad is ,meaning

Mar 20, 2014, 11:53 AM

not downing stoudt at all. in his mop up duty he's been impressive. i just don't think he's going to carry the tigers like Boyd did....not in his first start and on the road. while winning tween the hedges isn't out of the realm of possibilities it's still a tall order for a 1st time starter....i don't care who his dad is.

Mar 20, 2014, 10:15 PM

I just never cared for Boyd. He choked too often. Woodrow Dantzler was my favorite Clemson QB of all time. I would have loved to see Woody and Sammy play together.

Mar 21, 2014, 10:27 AM

Dantzler was a stud. A great athlete w/o question. What is he doing today? coaching?

Mar 20, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014 ]

But not because he is an inferior QB. Boyd will not be missed. Watkins will be dreadfully missed.

This.

Mar 20, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Dawgs can become a national title contender in 2014 ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: This.

Mar 20, 2014, 7:40 PM

^^^Such this

Mar 20, 2014, 7:50 AM

Georgia will lose 4 to 5 games this year mark my words atleast Clemson Carolina auburn and Mizzou

Mar 20, 2014, 8:38 AM

Personally, as a Georgia fan I can not stand it when a Dawg fan or sportswriter starts chanting about winning the MNC ... Drives me crazy and shows a shallow mindset ... a best and that goes really for any team. It's like betting your retirement on the lottery.

This article is quite interesting. Other than the limited quote in the initial post, this article does not show the Georgia team in a positive light ... Pointing out that we always come out short and discussing the arrests.

At least it gives me peace that the author is not as deep in the cool aide pitcher as I originally thought. Facts are facts. No amount of smack talk or wishful thinking can change that for my Dawgs. In the end, I am a Dawg fan through and through.

Outside of the conference you can say I am a Clemson fan ... Here's to hoping my daughter's high school running back accepts Clemson's offer.

drop the "mnc" , there is a play-off this year. well, sorta.

Mar 20, 2014, 8:44 AM

but it will be earned, not just given to the current years' "beauty queen".

So true ... guess I just can't believe it's actually here!***

Mar 20, 2014, 9:07 AM

Who's gonna block for that unproven QB?***

Mar 20, 2014, 10:16 AM

Re: Who's gonna block for that unproven QB?***

Mar 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

i could ask you the same question....more especially in your 1st game...... and mason has 2 more starts than stoudt so who is more "unproven?" clemson will have a lot more questions to answer on offense compared to Uga. Houston, Beard and Theus have all started on the ol so it's not as if we're having to rely on unproven personnel. We also return our starting center in Andrews. Our biggest concern is finding a back-up TE to Rome. Hicks was moved from fb to te this spring....he has the hands and the size to be successful there. We also have the nation's # 1 te coming in this fall....Blazevich.

Dawgs, Tigers and Noles can become title contenders in 2014

Mar 20, 2014, 7:26 PM

Dawgs if they win their first 2 games.
Tigers or Noles if they win their first 3 games.

You didn't stop Beasley last time

Mar 21, 2014, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Who's gonna block for that unproven QB?*** ]

and uGAY certainly won't this time around. Wish you luck lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You didn't stop Beasley last time

Mar 21, 2014, 1:19 PM

Beasley deserves his due. He excelled in the pass rush but wasn't much of a factor when it came to stopping Uga's rushing attack. I think not having Crawford for the 1st game puts a lot of pressure on Beasley. Clowney he is not and Uga's oline did a good job containing him overall. Teams will scheme for Beasley this fall just like they did for Clowney. VB and company did give up 545 total yards to Ga's offense last season but no cause for concern.... stats are for losers....amirite?

Mar 21, 2014, 10:33 AM

Whatever they are smoking, I want some

Saw Woody Dantzler a few months ago.

Mar 21, 2014, 1:38 PM

He was the guest speaker for the monthly men's meeting at my church. He said he is a pharmaceutical rep now. Great story on how he found God and the role the CU team pastor played in his life.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"said no one ever"***

Mar 21, 2014, 1:38 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic