»
Topic: Tweet by Danny Kanell says it all...
Replies: 9   Last Post: Aug 8, 2020 2:57 PM by: franc1968®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Tweet by Danny Kanell says it all...

emoji_events [7]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 1:16 PM

Never been a huge fan of his, but he is right on the money here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dannykanell/status/1292130200780771330?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1292130200780771330%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.theclemsoninsider.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D129663

Re: Tweet by Danny Kanell says it all...

Posted: Aug 8, 2020 1:32 PM

It wasn't too long ago, when it was reported that Dabo saying he was positive we'd have a football season was going to cost us the season.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

agree with the second part

[3]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 1:35 PM

but many journalists have been actively rooting against a season..to them thats a story...i knew this would happen when they shut things down in april...once they shut stuff down its going to be one #### of a fight to get things running again..especially as long as trump is in office

if nobody reads your "story"

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 2:04 PM

does it matter?

I don't think I'm the only one, but I've avoided ESPN like the plague without sports.

If I want politics, I'll watch one of our crappy choices for news.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg

Danny Kanell might be an FSU guy but imo he’s the only one

[4]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 1:59 PM

Who tells it like it is. He’s a great one. Probably my favorite. He’s the only talking head that doesn’t bash the ACC all day long.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Danny is one of my favorites...

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 2:05 PM

and he may be right about the "I told you sos," but won't put food on the table of the ones who were correct.

Re: Danny is one of my favorites...

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 2:07 PM

Do the "I told you so" journalists lose their jobs?

2020 white level member

Re: Danny is one of my favorites...

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 2:24 PM

not necessarily, but they better be real creative in seeking out content and making it interesting.

The only time I have watched ESPN since the pandemic shut down sports is when my son is at the house. That's about all he watches.

I'm not interested in ESPN's politics (which is what they tend to talk about even when sports are going on). I would think it would turn my son off, because between the two of us, he is the only one who owns any Trump campaign clothing. I'm hoping he grows out of some of his way of thinking as he gets older.

Re: Tweet by Danny Kanell says it all...

[1]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 2:22 PM

The media is driving this agenda. It gets off on fear, panic, relying on the government, especially during an election year. And people are being conditioned to : “Listen to what the experts say. It’s about science.”
You’re a selfish ahole if you question mask wearing, or question anything.

This virus is real and people have died from it. But it has close to 90% survival rate, 40% of those who have it are asymptomatic. We have shut down our economy, our schools, and our sports for the past six months, and may very well keep doing it. My elderly aunt died alone in a nursing home a few weeks ago. Her family wasn’t allowed to be with her, because of CoVid fears. I have another aunt who’s been shut up in an assisted living home since February. She can only talk to her family on the phone.

We have been conditioned to live in fear and can’t live our lives because of “what if”? This is having a devastating effect on our lives physically, mentally, and financially.

Imagine The Greatest Generation being told it’s too dangerous, and too many deaths will happen if we fight against Japan and Germany?

So, we will believe what they tell us when it’s too dangerous for football, too dangerous for schools to re-open. Just sit on you couch, binge watch Netflix, wait on your Amazon packages and food deliveries. Be good sheep....

I think there is a "middle ground"

[3]
Posted: Aug 8, 2020 2:57 PM

but agree with much of what you say.

Wear a mask, keep your distance, wash your hands, and do your normal activities.

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: 2 tickets and 1 parking pass for sale vs Virginia. Seats will be in Section TDK, Row V, Seats 2 & 4...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2554 people have read this post