Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump gets booed by a Republican crowd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 461

Trump gets booed by a Republican crowd

Jun 20, 2018, 12:09 AM

He got booed by a friendly crowd after a joke at the expense of Mark Sanford. Only a couple boos, but the room fell silent enough for them to be heard.

If he's losing these crowds, things are looking bad. It was an immigration meeting, which lends credibility to the stories suggesting he's shedding GOP support quickly on the issue.

To top it off, if he decides to keep his face out there, Sanford may be in a position to try to primary Trump in 2020.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump gets booed by a Republican crowd

Jun 20, 2018, 12:09 AM

Link:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/19/trumps-mark-sanford-diss-draws-boos-at-closed-door-gop-meeting.html

The poll numbers are devastating...

Jun 20, 2018, 12:52 AM

When it comes to public opposition on the child detainment issue. The numbers with independents/swing voters are very bad for the GOP. Now, a lot can happen between now and November, and of course 2020, but the GOP knows this moment could be very harmful for them. I think this may finally be the line Trump has crossed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Judging by the level of misunderstanding shown....

Jun 20, 2018, 3:42 AM

Here and on buddybook I can see why.

Not saying a reasonable person can't take issue with certain things happening, but the level of understanding of what is going on is almost more concerning to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Judging by the level of misunderstanding shown....

Jun 20, 2018, 9:21 AM

What's being misunderstood? Because on here and Buddybook, I keep seeing people making claims about what the law says and can't their story straight since the Trump admin can't either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

The lies aren't working for Trump and his minions.

Jun 20, 2018, 10:00 AM

This is not playing out the way Trump envisioned it. He thought these images would help in the mid term elections by giving his base something to get excited about.

The lies aren't working the way he thought they would.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The lie is that Trump changed policy to start separating....

Jun 20, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Judging by the level of misunderstanding shown.... ]

Children from adults charged criminally with crossing the border illegally.

Is anyone denying that was the law/court ruling for some time now?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you read the article, or just the headline.

Jun 20, 2018, 1:06 AM

You're making it out to be like he was at a campaign rally or something...it was a meeting of House Republicans on the Hill.

While interesting nonetheless, its not like Jethro and Billy Bob in Jay, Alabama
are suddenly turning their back on him.

And no way in hell Congressman Sanford runs for President in 2020

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

speaking of Sanford did you see this?

Jun 20, 2018, 7:55 AM

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/sanford-on-trump-no-seeming-consequence-to-the-president-and-lies-1256752707582

I agree that Sanford 2020 is very far fetched but he is deeply entrenched in several old school old money conservative groups that hate all things Trump. Sanford looks like he’s the first wave of enough is enough, time to put this clown in his place. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Sanford may actually benefit from this in the long run.

Jun 20, 2018, 10:10 AM

He has shown a remarkable ability to rebound from adversity. Once the dust settles and the smoke clears, his honesty and willingness to confront Trump may play in his favor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get over yourself, CU17. There are a few snowflakes

Jun 20, 2018, 8:05 AM

in every crowd....Sanford will be replaced by a better PUB.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:09 AM

You're dreaming. He isn't losing anything with Repubs. He has the highest ratings of any Repub since before Ike. They love that nutcase.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:00 AM

And Nixon was popular with his party until summer 74.

Nixon sucked as does Trump.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:05 AM

That said, you're still not living in reality. Repubs love Trump. Like I said, no Repub POTUS, going back to Ike, has had more support from his base than Trump has. I dislike Trump and want him gone, but you're living in a dream world. Face reality.

Re: Nixon sucked as does Trump.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:27 AM

You seem to be arguing a point no one has made.

Joe Republican on thr street loves Trump. Plenty of the people who are in positions to attend closed-door meetings with him don't. That's a concern for any President, because they can hurt his agenda (whatever that is).

Trump does not give one single F*&^K.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:16 AM

And he will win in a landslide in 2020.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump does not give one single F*&^K.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:56 AM

That's pretty evident he feels that way.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Trump does not give one single F*&^K. ]

And he's losing support left and right, especially over this immigrant issue, because of it. My wife had a discussion with her parents this weekend. They were Trump supporters until now. They're devout Christians and they can't support this.

And using the Detroit Lions logo for Trump? Not exactly a winning combo...

Jun 20, 2018, 8:57 AM

“Trump gets booed by crowd”

“It was only a couple of boos”

“If he’s losing crowds...”

Lulz.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:01 AM

The boos were heard over a silent room. In a approving crowd, the boos would be drowned out.

Get real and quit being such a clown.

Are you a rha-tard?***

Jun 20, 2018, 9:21 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Lewandowski, is that you?***

Jun 20, 2018, 9:50 AM

LOL!

Jun 20, 2018, 10:19 AM

Bought spit my coffee out.

Jun 20, 2018, 6:54 PM

He's the most pathetic human being alive. He tweeted this:

Had a great meeting with the House GOP last night at the Capitol. They applauded and laughed loudly when I mentioned my experience with Mark Sanford. I have never been a fan of his!

Replies: 23
| visibility 461
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic