Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
True story about my David Hood meeting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

True story about my David Hood meeting

Jan 9, 2019, 5:17 PM

Yesterday my daughter and I toured San Fran most of the day. On the way back to catch our flight leaving San Jose we decided to see Stsndford university which is between SF and San Jose. I have always heard how pretty it is. So we arrive on campus and the first thing we want to do is see their football stadium. We park our rental car by the stadium and get out. Then a car pulls in to park beside our car. Out pops a guy wearing a Clemson shirt who also wanted to see standford. He introduced himself and it’s David Hood.
So we walk to the stadium and it’s locked. We see an office door next to the stadium entrance. We knock on the door and a woman opens the door and asks how can she help us. We tell her very politely that we are college football fans and we would love an opportunity to just take a peak of the stadium. She responds by telling us in her “female dog”voice there is no way that will happen. We would have to pass security screening among other things to get in. She listed a host of reasons all sounding like she only wants to run us off ASAP. She said there have been many Clemson fans stop by to see the stadium and she turned them all down.
To our disappointment we leave without seeing the stadium. Unfortunately there was no fence or gate to look through to see it. The only thing visible were the exterior of the stadium.
It would have been nice to see it and get a few pics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been in it, nothing special.***

Jan 9, 2019, 5:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You didn't miss much actually...Btw, did David Hood ask that

Jan 9, 2019, 5:27 PM

lady whether she plans to leave early for the day?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 1987 my Son & I walked straight into stadium, ok venue, tall cyprus trees around outer walls &

Jan 9, 2019, 5:30 PM

worse thing was while sitting on old wooden bench seats I noticed no concrete behind the heels of my feet..

instead it was dirt, like they had chiseled down a dirt mountain & poured concrete just for the walk-way below your seat.

I stuck a Tiger PAW on a good surface & left.

The campus is beautiful with a tan to gold stucco look & rust colored tile roofs and tall Cyprus trees.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You realize the completely renovated the stadium ...

Jan 9, 2019, 6:13 PM

... about 10 years ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True story about my David Hood meeting

Jan 9, 2019, 5:31 PM

So, you're saying the experience felt like a loss?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic