Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
True Story About Power of a Clemson Ring.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

True Story About Power of a Clemson Ring.......

Apr 15, 2018, 9:43 PM

True story - I had gotten my ring in summer school in 1976. Went down to the beach later that summer - was driving up Hwy. 17 from Litchfield one afternoon to Myrtle Beach. Had my left hand resting along the top of the driver's side door.

I stopped for a red light around Garden City. While I was sitting there, I heard the car sitting to my left start blowing their horn. I looked over and there was a senior-aged man driving the car and pointing at his left hand. I didn't know what he was doing and then I realized he was pointing at HIS Clemson ring and then pointing over to me. He had seen mine and wanted to make sure I knew he was a Clemson Man too.

Just an example of how your ring can connect you to others in the "family."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 55 year old Coastal Carolina Grad .....

Apr 15, 2018, 9:54 PM

...... Shared with me This weekend that he would give anything to join our "Special" Brotherhood.

Blessed!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True Story About Power of a Clemson Ring.......

Apr 16, 2018, 10:16 AM

I was vacationing in Hawaii several years ago and was on Kaui, taking the shuttle from the airport to the rental car lot. I was wearing my Clemson ring and noticed, on the other side of the shuttle bus (it had bench seats, running the length of the bus and that were facing each other), a guy also wearing his Clemson ring. We enjoyed a great chat about Clemson and how funny it was to run in to other alums so far away.

Later in our trip, on the Big Island, I was trying to sign up for a "swim with the dolphins" experience. It was booked solid. I was speaking with the manager of the event and he noticed my Clemson ring. He wasn't a Clemson grad, or fan even, but was a UGa fan. But so many thousands of miles from our homes, we had a common cord. He managed to work my wife and I in to the experience and he and I had a great time talking Clemson-UGa games of old.

The Clemson ring is a special thing!

Apr 16, 2018, 10:38 AM

Lots of grads here in the Triad(Winston-Salem, Greensboro & High Point) it’s really noticeable when we outnumber Wake fans for home Football games lol.

The NC schools don’t care for us very much because of the whippings we have given them in Football over the years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 16, 2018, 10:49 AM

Why was it not on the right hand?

Apr 16, 2018, 12:10 PM

+1

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

He's married to Clemson

Apr 16, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: True Story About Power of a Clemson Ring....... ]

;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can tell you - was engaged at the time - fiancee..........

Apr 16, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: True Story About Power of a Clemson Ring....... ]

wanted me to wear it on my left hand.

Apr 16, 2018, 12:20 PM

Did you know that you can open a bottle of beer with your Clemson ring? That is some power!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 2:51 PM

After having Sunday lunch in downtown Greenville last Fall, i was heading to the Richardson parking garage and was passing by Tupalo Honey when i noticed 4 young ladies trying to take selfies. I stopped and asked if they would like for me to take their picture. They did and soon I had 2 phones in my hands, and 4 ladies lining up ready to pose for their picture.

After several pictures were taken I was handing back the phones back when i noticed 1 of the ladies had on a Clemson ring. I held out my hand showing her my ring and told her i had seen her ring. She held out her hand to show me her ring again, and an instant later the other 3 ladies were sticking out their hands to show me their Clemson rings. We talked about Clemson for a few minutes and then we had to go our separate ways.

It's a great thing to be part of the Clemson family.

Not a true story...

Apr 16, 2018, 3:39 PM

...because there are no pics even though you said there were pics taken.

Re: Not a true story...

Apr 16, 2018, 3:55 PM

Did you not read that the pics were on the ladies' phones? Maybe one of them is a tnetter and will post one for ya.

Re: Not a true story...

Apr 16, 2018, 6:37 PM

Meter not running?

....everyone knows that when you share a story like that that pics are a must or else it isn't true. ;)

The only regret I have during my Clemson experience

Apr 16, 2018, 7:22 PM

Was not purchasing a CU ring when I graduated in 99. I think I can still buy one but I would have cherished the ring ceremony experience. Don’t make the same mistake I did future grads!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic