Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor makes NY Post...video
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 5,560

Trevor makes NY Post...video

Feb 19, 2019, 11:44 AM

Say what you want, but he's not a pu**y!

I sort of like a QB that don't take no shiit. :)

https://nypost.com/2019/02/19/trevor-lawrence-snaps-gets-in-intramural-basketball-fight/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1097662403175727106

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor makes NY Post...video

Feb 19, 2019, 12:03 PM

Was that a screen? Looks more lIke a screen door to me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 12:08 PM

whats the big deal ???? I'm nearly 70 years old and it always has been ""big kid pushes little kid outa' tha' way "" __________ sometimes the ""little kid"" jumps up and whips the tar outa' tha' big kid __ not this time !!!!!

Feb 19, 2019, 12:12 PM

Thanks for posting this video. Just read another “if it bleeds it leads,” story on this shove. I think it’s a product of being shoved on the field regularly and boys will be boys. Nothing to see here, but Dabo will definitely talk to TL on a... ya gotta be careful out there type of thing, since the news will make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I’m NOT a basketball guy, but that other kid was shoving into TLaw and TLaw won that shove match.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/trevor-lawrence-responds-to-intramural-basketball-clip/

Feb 19, 2019, 1:05 PM

That's a fair article, takes a light hearted approach.

The NY Post headline was misleading to say the least...

Feb 19, 2019, 12:13 PM

anything to get clicks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: The NY Post headline was misleading to say the least...

Feb 19, 2019, 12:47 PM

I don't know Bob, TL did seem to get his hackles up, as he should have. You don't set up a block or scren 80 feet from the other goal. Kid leaned into it and TL leaned back...a lot. :)

Good for him!

Feb 19, 2019, 12:15 PM

That has to be embarrassing being known as the guy trying to mess with TL.

Feb 19, 2019, 12:17 PM

Yeah... I foresee that kid crying in his beer later this weekend about this viral post ??

Feb 19, 2019, 12:54 PM

Love the line in that article: in reference to the bama game, "T Law not used to being touched" :) :)

Feb 19, 2019, 12:55 PM

Because the numerous other threads on this topic were not enough?

Feb 19, 2019, 12:57 PM

Apparently TLaw responded saying the kid kept talking smack the entire game.....guess he'd had enough. SMH - folk making a whole lotta nothing into something.

Hey grandpapa tell us the story about the time

Feb 19, 2019, 1:03 PM

you were at Clemson and Trevor Lawrence, you know the guy that won the Heisman and all those super bowls, pushed you in that intramural game???

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Well, see, I was getting into his head the whole game

Feb 19, 2019, 6:44 PM

Every time he scored on me, I would talk some smack just to rattle him. Haha! I made him miss a three-pointer one time and then set a screen under their basket. He couldn't take the heat and shoved onto my butt.

Man, that was great!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Well, see, I was getting into his head the whole game

Feb 19, 2019, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Hey grandpapa tell us the story about the time ]

Every time he scored on me, I would talk some smack just to rattle him. Haha! I made him miss a three-pointer one time and then set a screen under their basket. He couldn't take the heat and shoved onto my butt.

Man, that was great!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

NY Post is only a half step above a tabloid***

Feb 19, 2019, 1:06 PM

I haven't played basketball in a while, but thought that...

Feb 19, 2019, 2:47 PM

...when my team gets a defensive rebound, that I was supposed to run down to the other end of the court and join my team on my offensive end of the court? I didn't know the new strategy was to "attempt" to set a pick 75 feet away on my defensive end of the court?

I'm glad Trevor pushed the moron. Also, I'm glad that there was a video to document the moron being a moron. One last thing...did I mention that the kid who was up in Trevor's face is a MORON?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Re: I haven't played basketball in a while, but thought that...

Feb 19, 2019, 2:54 PM

OK...maybe he is actually intelligent, which would make him a posterior-hat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Well — he certainly landed on his ...

Feb 19, 2019, 9:24 PM

.... posterior... ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 19, 2019, 2:58 PM

Hit the weight room Trevor. You didn't knock that guy far enough.

I laugh every time I watch that video

Feb 19, 2019, 3:04 PM

Feb 19, 2019, 7:35 PM

Perhaps a nuisance, but as I view this without any before or after context, it’s not just a screen. Trevor misses a shot and moves in for a rebound attempt. That quickly transitions to Trevor defending the player who did get the rebound, picking up that guy on defense. The screen wasn’t just a screen, it was a blindside screen under the opposing basket in a pickup game.

Folks, for those of you that have played a little round all, that is the perfect equation for a collision and possible knee or ankle injury,

Dabo encourages his players to have fun as part of their college experience, but don’t think for a minute he hasn’t spoken to them about playing responsibly and protecting themselves.

This kid, his dreams of showing up Trevor, and his 15-minutes of fame have expired, and I suspect he now regrets it. Perhaps not, but either way, this style play in a pickup game risked injury to Trevor. That’s how people get hurt. Again, it was a blindside screen under the basket!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's on foxnews.com as well***

Feb 19, 2019, 8:13 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What to people expect

Feb 19, 2019, 8:37 PM

when you put football players on a basketball court? A former boss of mine played HS Basketball in West Virginia (mid-late 1950s). He said they knocked people all over the court because they were really 5 football players in BB uniforms.

Feb 20, 2019, 6:51 AM

I’m kind of clueless on im bb. Is it some guys from the basketball team playing some guys from the fb team or are both teams made up of players from all sports at Clemson? Are students that are not on an athletic team at Clemson also able to play. It’s on campus so I would assume that the person taking and sharing that video for his one moment of glory a student also

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 24
| visibility 5,560
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic