Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence vs Kelly Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,423

Trevor Lawrence vs Kelly Bryant

Jan 2, 2018, 8:48 AM

So what happens if Trevor Lawrence shows out this spring. And absolutely destroys Kelly Bryant in the passing department I’n the spring game. What happens if Trevor Lawrence is better In all the scrimmages in the fall. And Dabo still starts Bryant because of experience and loyalty. What exactly will happen in that outcome? I know tigernet would go absolutely insane and Dabo would take a lot of heat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If TL is as Dabo says, more prepared than DW entering...

Jan 2, 2018, 8:51 AM

I certainly expect him to show out. And we all know that DW should have been starting from day 1. BUT, with all respect due to Cole Stout for his smack down of Boomer Sooner, KB is also not Cole Stout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor Lawrence vs Kelly Bryant

Jan 2, 2018, 8:54 AM

What would be the outcome? Probably another great season with possibly another ACC championship and a playoff berth. We would lose once we face another top tier defense that forces Kelly to make big time throws down the field. Last night Kelly was not awful, though. WRs and O line did not help him. But yeah I'm hope Trevor comes in and is just far and away our best QB so Dabo has no choice but to play him.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:11 AM

I sincerely believe KB will be at best the 3rd best qb on campus come fall camp. And to someone else's point, that's not entirely a knock on KB and more a testament to Dabo's recruiting. Different situation than Cole Stoudt scenario for sure. Tough call for Dabo, but I'm not sure how last night doesn't make it clear that there needs to be an open competition at qb. Dabo made the right call this year and ultimately this team and KB over-performed expectation and should be commended. But anyone who doesn't see his limitations and what that means for our offense is kidding themselves imo

He will start. I have no doubt.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:14 AM

If he is clearly better he will start. It may take a couple of games, but he will start. Maybe they split time at Texas A&M, but after that he will be the starter.

Jan 2, 2018, 9:33 AM

Streeter has said that the better quarterback will start.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:57 AM

Is TLaw an EE? If not don't see him getting PT next year.

Jan 2, 2018, 10:00 AM

Yes he is, should be on campus shortly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence vs Kelly Bryant ]

KB was the best we had this season and it was clear when the other guys got their shot. We can only hope TL gets a truly fair shake and the staff isn’t too loyal to play the best when it’s clear that it isn’t KB - maybe to say it another way, if we want to beat the best we’re gonna need an elite QB with the way our team is built

He will get his fair shake like everyone aways does.*****

Jan 2, 2018, 10:01 AM

Which one is more likely to be a Pro QB?

Jan 2, 2018, 9:57 AM

That's the one you should go with. Provided Trevor is equally as good as Kelly by Sept 2018, he should get the nod to start. Kelly will not get any better than what he is now. He has some physical tools, but doesn't seem to have the mental ability to read defenses like Deshaun did, and apparently Trevor does. That ability would have turned several of last night's plays into gains instead of losses. That mental edge is what it takes to beat great defenses like Alabama.

Just my two cents.

What if Hunter Johnson is the best QB coming out of spring?***

Jan 2, 2018, 9:58 AM

Then we should probably start him.***

Jan 2, 2018, 10:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,423
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic