Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor Lawrence, a true freshman is really coming
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Trevor Lawrence, a true freshman is really coming

Sep 24, 2018, 8:03 AM

along and looking less and less like a freshman every game. He's gotten pretty close to evening out the QB competition, although I'd still give a definitive edge to Kelly Bryant. I would be willing to bet that TL will be the starter within a couple games after the bye week...assuming he keeps progressing of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Trevor Lawrence, a true freshman is really coming

Sep 24, 2018, 9:36 AM

Definite edge? I'm not going to harp on you for saying that bc everyone has their opinion and we have two good options at QB, but what have you seen that makes you say that? I just personally don't see how Kelly has the edge. I rewatched the game last night and the only possessions that Kelly has scored on recently have been due to the running backs carrying the load. Trevor has been far superior in the last two games....and games are what matter, not practice. I would still like to see Kelly get opportunities bc he is a good QB and deserves some playing time. But as far as on the field production goes Trevor has been the man.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This simple comparison should clear it up, but you'll

Sep 24, 2018, 9:46 AM

probably still toss out some sort of TL fanboy argument:

How many games have we won with Kelly Bryant as our starting QB? Answer is 4.

How many games have we won with Trevor Lawrence as our starting QB? Answer is 0.

4 > 0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: This simple comparison should clear it up, but you'll

Sep 24, 2018, 10:18 AM

This is one of the dumber arguments I’ve seen about this situation. How many times have we found the end zone with each of the QBs? TL 9 KB 2. Can you still say KB is the reason we won becauw he walked out the first 2 drives?

That's ridiculous. KB goes out and faces a fresh defense

Sep 24, 2018, 10:37 AM

the first 2-3 possessions, then TL comes in after the defense starts to get tired and you're telling me those stats are going to make fair comparisons?

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Re: That's ridiculous. KB goes out and faces a fresh defense

Sep 24, 2018, 10:45 AM

Ridiculous?

Hmmm.... except by that theory it would mean when KB comes back in later he should light up that D..... yet it still looks like his fist series.....

Smh

Sep 24, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to That's ridiculous. KB goes out and faces a fresh defense ]

Is this retort serious? I really can’t tell. When Lawrence came in on the third drive he also had 2nd and 3rd team players in, like Chase, Powell, and Feaster.

All fresh legs against a worn down defense

Sep 24, 2018, 11:11 AM

No wonder TL looked so much more betterer

Re: All fresh legs against a worn down defense

Sep 24, 2018, 11:30 AM

Yeah, such a big difference by the 3rd series.

Fyi.... that "worn down defense" probably played 6 snaps due to the first two series being 3 n out.

I completely agree it's a big difference by the 3rd

Sep 24, 2018, 11:40 AM

series. That's the entire point I'm making here.

Sep 24, 2018, 11:32 AM [ in reply to That's ridiculous. KB goes out and faces a fresh defense ]

Weak argument...

You don't think opposing defenses are more juiced up in the

Sep 24, 2018, 11:41 AM

1st series than they are in the 4th series? Be honest...

Sep 24, 2018, 1:51 PM [ in reply to That's ridiculous. KB goes out and faces a fresh defense ]

So you are saying GTs defense was gassed after 7 plays? You must have graduated from Suck U law school with an argument like that. Just when you think humanity has reached it's highest point of stupidity this shows up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not trained in that logic. Please provide flowchart.***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to This simple comparison should clear it up, but you'll ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you disagree that 4 > 0?***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:37 AM

Re: This simple comparison should clear it up, but you'll

Sep 24, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to This simple comparison should clear it up, but you'll ]

in this situation, "who started" and "did we win" have a correlation, but absolutely no causation.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence, a true freshman is really coming ]

Im holding out to see TL do it under pressure of a game outcome and or against a more talented team.
I DO EXPECT this to happen but everything the coaches are doing at this time works for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious question,

Sep 24, 2018, 9:40 AM

How wide would you say the gap is now?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's about as wide as Trevor Lawrence is tall***

Sep 24, 2018, 9:44 AM

Is that like, alot?

Sep 24, 2018, 10:06 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

It's about 6'5" or 6'6"***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:13 AM

Logan Thomas tall

Sep 24, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Is that like, alot? ]

HTH that helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

How can you post something like this

Sep 24, 2018, 10:14 AM

and not mention Chase Brice? He is undefeated in games he plays, and has fewer turnovers than Bryant and Lawrence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Chase is a really good QB who would be the starter for

Sep 24, 2018, 10:22 AM

every single SEC team. But the fact remains that we have not won a single game this year where Chase was the starter.

Re: Chase is a really good QB who would be the starter for

Sep 24, 2018, 11:14 AM

We’ve lost games in the past when Kelly was the starter. Haven’t lost any with Trevor or Chase as starter. And we can’t afford a loss this year. Not one. Are you incapable of understanding this simple logic?

You can't compare last year to this year***

Sep 24, 2018, 11:21 AM

Re: You can't compare last year to this year***

Sep 24, 2018, 11:31 AM

You better. Otherwise you’ll relive it.

Relive a year where we won the ACC Championship and

Sep 24, 2018, 11:39 AM

made the college football playoffs? Is there an option where I can relive that every year?

Lost to Bama

Sep 24, 2018, 12:00 PM

I see we have different ceilings on our hopes for the Tigers. We did beat them the year before you know. With a QB capable of pushing their defense off the LOS. I think the coaching staff may be trying for that again.

Do you think DW4 beats Bama last year with

Sep 24, 2018, 12:20 PM

Cain playing out of position, Ray Ray being his other WR, no Mike Williams, no Jordan Leggett, no Artavis Scott and playing a Bama defense that was playing PO'd and with a chip on their shoulder?

I’m not laying the loss on KB

Sep 24, 2018, 12:27 PM

But he is somewhat limited. I think TL has the potential to involve our other weapons better. And I think that’s what Dabo is trying to bring about.

I have no doubt we could win ACC and make CFP

Sep 24, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Do you think DW4 beats Bama last year with ]

with KB. Or the current version of TL. But we will need more to win it all. I think the only way to get more from QB is to go with TL as much as possible.

couple more games and I think he soldifies the #2 spot

Sep 24, 2018, 10:16 AM

no offense to Chase

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Lol.

Sep 24, 2018, 10:25 AM

I guess you call throwing an interception, and fumbling into the end zone, progress?

(luckily a RB caught that fumble and scored)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

CLEAR separation against Georgia Tech. The criteria.***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:31 AM

TNet is in serious need of a bag limit***

Sep 24, 2018, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does this mean that you disagree with my assessment that

Sep 24, 2018, 10:45 AM

TL is getting progressively better and will take over the starting job?

Sep 24, 2018, 11:20 AM

Kind of like how snowtown still edges you out in troll posts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 11:36 AM

Yes, agree. Dabo does not know what the he!l he is doing making TL starter. (where is the eye-roll emoji?)

Sep 24, 2018, 11:42 AM

??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Not sure if it is showing up on your screen, but

Sep 24, 2018, 11:44 AM

you can access emojis in Windows 10 by hitting the Windows Key + . (period)

Of course, mobile keyboards make accessing emoji easier.

Can you point out where I said

Sep 24, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Trevor Lawrence, a true freshman is really coming ]

"Dabo does not know what the he!l he is doing making TL starter"

TIA

poor pitiful souls - let’s see how this plays out

Sep 24, 2018, 12:23 PM

#teamkb
#gotardnet

Message was edited by: theclash®

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

agreed - hopefully interim coach sweeney has a short leash***

Sep 24, 2018, 12:24 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 24, 2018, 12:58 PM

wrong again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong about what?***

Sep 24, 2018, 1:18 PM

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic