Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transitive properties of football titles...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,248

Transitive properties of football titles...

Feb 20, 2019, 8:21 AM

Only Florida have national titles in football, baseball, and basketball in the past 15 years. Only three other universities have won all three...Michigan, tOSU, and UCLA...but you have to go back well OVER 50 years to complete their trifecta.

So, I ask...would you like to have Oregon State's football program if, transitive-wise, it would get Clemson baseball titles? How about Kentucky, or Duke's hoops programs...would you like their football and baseball programs if meant hoisting titles? I'm not EVEN going to ask thoughts on the Scoks...that's just a very low blow.

Amuse yourselves, those who feel so entitled that Clemson should win everything, and look at the past, oh, 70 years. Out of all the D1 programs out there, dozens have never sniffed a title in even one sport...much less multiple ones.

So, as you absorb perspective, take time to bow to the Gators, if such is your inclination. In this millennium, to date, they're the only program that can be titled 'Daddy'. ;) Try to enjoy what Clemson has...not what has yet to happen. Just. Try.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transitive properties of football titles...

Feb 20, 2019, 8:23 AM

Hard to believe LSU doesn't have a basketball National Championship .
They're short on dignity these days , perhaps they should hire Pitino right away and try to join the trifecta .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

From some indications

Feb 20, 2019, 8:26 AM

Mr. Wade went to the school of Pitino/Code. Time will tell, won't it? LOL!

Feb 20, 2019, 8:56 AM

The meltdowns about basketball losses on this board are predictable.

I suspect half the people who post about our basketball team don't understand just what kind of players you need on your roster to consistently make the NCAA tournament playing out of the ACC. Clemson doesn't have enough of them right now, and Brownell is in a tough situation because his team isn't mentally tough enough to overcome its physical limitations. It's not like we're some uber-talented team that it just tripping all over itself.

On top of that, we haven't been consistently "good" or "tough" since Rick Barnes was our Head Coach. Clemson is and always has been a tough place to win basketball games.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

AMEN!some people are never satisfied no matter what.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No deal

Feb 20, 2019, 10:43 AM

I support all Clemson sports; however, football is number one. I wouldn't trade our football program for anything or anyone.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 20, 2019, 10:51 AM

One - I think that we should be able to get to the Baseball title. We have a strong enough program that is within the likelihood of what is possible for the program. It might be scary to think that we might have been more successful in Baseball wins/% wise than football but are just missing the last step.

Next, basketball. Scary to think that Brad Brownell has a better ACC winning percentage than Barnes, and twice as many post-season wins. I know that Clemson's footprint (rural-ish ag school in SC) is not a basketball hotbed. It is going to be tough/impossible to bring the talent to Littlejohn when the football team gets a bigger cheer than the basketball team does all game in a very good win. I think Brad is running into our post-expansion ceiling. With more basketball schools added to the conference in areas with better bases (recruiting urban areas), it is just going to be a very tough road. I just want the BB team to fight like a caged/corner tiger... sure the odd are against us, but make it a fight. Win in CH and I will die happy.

Football: The exact opposite is true, great area/fertile base, etc. We are and should be consistently in the running. NC with the right coach. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 10:56 AM

No would not want to switch places with Oregon State football because football titles >baseball titles(although would like both??)

Go Gators! One of two great schools in Florida.***

Feb 20, 2019, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2019, 11:14 AM

Fla also has titles in softball,js

And UCLA has owned

Feb 20, 2019, 5:39 PM

Water polo and volleyball! Your point?!? ;)

Teasing ya!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,248
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic