Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer "commitments"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Transfer "commitments"

Jul 21, 2019, 10:00 AM

Does anyone else find it annoying that the transfer portal is being covered like a second recruitment? Clemson players that enter the transfer portal should get as much coverage as a two star 2021 defensive tackle recruit from Idaho because they will have the same impact on the Tiger program moving forward, none.

I wish Kyler the best in his career moving forward but if I'm going to read an article about him and UNC I want it to be the one asking how he could have made a decision a day after entering the transfer portal without prior communications.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is downtown

Jul 21, 2019, 10:11 AM

anything football related is big news....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

no, the week before the championship game

Jul 21, 2019, 10:55 AM

tigernet was asking TF if he was going to transfer. We got continuous updates on KB and his transfer as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer "commitments"

Jul 21, 2019, 10:14 AM

very true. mac and dabo are very good friends. i imagine dabo had some input into whatever happened happened.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 10:30 AM

Dabo was surprised by this move. Don't know that he had time to have input.

Seriously doubt that

Jul 21, 2019, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Transfer "commitments" ]

You don’t want your players transferring in conference. Especially not to a team that is on your schedule in a few months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jul 21, 2019, 10:52 AM

I honestly think that once a player has made the choice to transfer from Clemson that should be the last bit of news reported on any Clemson Football related website.

I'm not in favor of re-hashing the transfer of a young man who has decided to move on and player for another program. Best of luck to them, but I care more about what CLEMSON football players are doing than those at other programs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well he's no longer on this site. Not sure who has his old

Jul 21, 2019, 10:57 AM

number.

https://clemsontigers.com/sports/football/roster/

Jul 21, 2019, 2:04 PM

I have absolutely no problem with it, especially in the off season.

It if means we have better players pushing for playing time I really don't mind the transfers. I do find it hard to believe Shaq and McMichael didn't have tampering going on though...

Re: Transfer

Jul 21, 2019, 5:04 PM

Wow I didn’t know he had already decided where he was going. Definitely seems pretty strange to me. ?? another thing I just looked at is he wasn’t even offered by unc out of high school so I would venture to guess he hasn’t visited there before.

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 5:05 PM

Wow I didn’t know he had already decided where he was going. Definitely seems pretty strange to me. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 9:47 PM

UNC recruited him out of high school and one of his former team mates started as a freshman for UNC. Suspect that contact was through his high school team mate.

Jul 21, 2019, 10:04 PM

You may be right but 247 doesn't show UNC on the front page of Kyler's offers and he didn't take an official visit there. Regardless, Mack Brown was not the coach at that time. It either seems to me like there was talk going on or he made a premature decision. I'm not saying that it is wrong, but deciding to transfer and not exploring your options just appears odd.

Jul 21, 2019, 10:40 PM

Not much time to explore his options. Gotta get moved, enrolled, playbook, etc.
Don't know what Feaster is waiting on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Transfer "commitments" ]

I also doubt schools are lining up to offer a kid that is leaving one school because so many others on the roster are better. I ‘d probably want to save that scholarship for a high school player.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic