Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Top 50 rock albums that a country fan should own
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Top 50 rock albums that a country fan should own

Dec 10, 2019, 9:36 AM

how many of these do you have? List is a few years old, but still quite interesting. A virtual Lunge playlist.

I own 31 of them.

I found the Cinderella album listed in it, how I stumbled across this.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country-lists/50-rock-albums-every-country-fan-should-own-150698/elvis-presley-elvis-country-im-10000-years-old-1971-44314/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than Desperado, this is basically a "MUST HAVE" list

Dec 10, 2019, 9:44 AM

for all decent music fans.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe one day

Dec 10, 2019, 10:06 AM

I'll understand the hate for the Eagles

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yeah, I'm with you on that.

Dec 10, 2019, 10:09 AM

I think folks sort of took that from The Big Lebowski and ran with it, to be honest. The Eagles aren't my most favorite, but they have some great tunes. And, for that matter, The Big Lebowski is an OK movie, but let's be honest...it AIN'T no Pulp Fiction.

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know that uncle everyone has who sits around at holidays

Dec 10, 2019, 10:17 AM

Telling everyone how his Ford Taurus is the finest car on the road and is head and shoulders above everything else, and if you disagree you’re a dolt?

That uncle is the average music fan and the Eagles are that Taurus.

And I’ve been turning the dial as fast as possible when Hotel California or Witchy Woman comes on for at least a decade before TBL. If anything, I like to think that Walter copied me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could not have said it better myself (and didn't)***

Dec 10, 2019, 10:19 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you veered into another great reason though...

Dec 10, 2019, 10:27 AM

You wanna know why it costs $250+ to see a mainstream act at an arena show nowadays?

The GDMF Eagles.

Before that stupid helll freezes over tour, concert tix might top out at $60, and that was spendy. Then that tour happened, and initially everyone thought they were nuts with $100+ ticket prices. That changed when every gomer and their brother snapped up the tix because “THE FREAKIN EAGLES MAN”.

Almost overnight, that $60 became the floor for a ticket and $100 the new norm. I hate them so much, and the last time that prick Don Henley came to the Ryman, he was trying to get $260 face for balcony seats. F the Eagles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Eagles broke that ground, but if not them, it would have

Dec 10, 2019, 10:33 AM

happened anyway. It's a pretty rare instance that I want to see ANYONE playing stadiums and arenas anymore. It was a blast in the 70s, but not so much now. I've always been about catching the next big thing on the way up in intimate clubs anyway. I may still like that band once they reach that arena plateau, but I'm not paying big money to watch a band on a big screen because I want to say I was there. I turned down free tickets to Charlotte Saturday night because I'm tired of watching the ACC championship game from the corner of the stadium by being loyal and getting tickets through IPTAY.

I was anti-Eagles before I saw Le Grande Lebowski

Dec 10, 2019, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm with you on that. ]

and it has to do more with the Sister-In-Law's love of Hotel California. How many ####### times can we hear that song. Also, IIRC, the kept touring for a while as their FAREWELL TOUR then just released another Greatest Hits and toured on that again. Financially, I get it, but I got real tired of people fawning over them. They aint bad, just not my bag.

I also don't really like AC/DC, Kiss, Van Halen, and some other UBER popular RnR bands.

It's funny to me how many times conversations about music

Dec 10, 2019, 10:24 AM

will lead to folks claiming they like 'everything' and the longer you talk you end up getting a massive list of the bands they hate. I actually think I might be the closest thing to someone who likes 'everything'. Actually, I admire you guys that can spread your hatred around. I'm pretty much laser focused on Hootie in that regard.

I don't like everything. I like what I like though, and

Dec 10, 2019, 10:30 AM

people that don't like it are fucking idiots.

I generally contend that people are idiots with no regard

Dec 10, 2019, 10:35 AM

for WHAT they like or dislike...music, sports, pickles, ad infinitum.

Re: I was anti-Eagles before I saw Le Grande Lebowski

Dec 10, 2019, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I was anti-Eagles before I saw Le Grande Lebowski ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I'm with you on this, despite what Obed and Greenr say.

Dec 10, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm with you on that. ]

Even if they felt that way before had, I firmly believe it was on account of being difficult and disagreeable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not one Blue Dogs album***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:44 AM

Very solid list.

Dec 10, 2019, 9:48 AM

My Morning Jacket might be the only record on that list I don't have in some musical format, actually.

FYI...the Country Funk compilation is WELL worth scoring. Found that when I went on a Johnny Jenkins bender a while back.

Want it? I can send it to you easily. I've got alot of MMJ

Dec 10, 2019, 9:55 AM

if'n you are interested.

I've got a bunch of single MP3s but I'm not sure I have a

Dec 10, 2019, 9:58 AM

full album of theirs all the way through. I like 'em, just haven't gotten around to taking a deep dive yet.

So many great bands, and a limited number of years in a lifetime.

Just say the word, I can upload this anytime

Dec 10, 2019, 10:03 AM
MMJ.JPG(136.7 K)

see attached.

Apparently I have a Natasha Bedingfield album as well if that is your style.

I'll let you know, I'm on a Tishamingo bender this week

Dec 10, 2019, 10:06 AM

since we're headed to Atlanta this Thursday night for their annual reunion show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_06XRPs_y9Y

Re: Want it? I can send it to you easily. I've got alot of MMJ

Dec 10, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Want it? I can send it to you easily. I've got alot of MMJ ]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=rOomB1U-HL8

I've got the Stone, Eat a Peach, and Black and Blu.***

Dec 10, 2019, 9:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I own 19.****

Dec 10, 2019, 10:03 AM

No massage

once again a great music list that leans heavily on

Dec 10, 2019, 10:24 AM

early 70's work. Glad I grew up in that period.

Nice that they included Hiatt's best album wit his best backing band, including Ry Cooder wailing Stones riffs and slide guitar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2h962iU1BE&list=PL1mWZQ4JL5vrEo96eVQLPE18Ba0Gf04Ot&index=6&t=0s

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than the fact I am old

Dec 11, 2019, 6:45 AM

I agree. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every good boy deserves favor?

Dec 10, 2019, 12:22 PM

Dood, Moody Blues is better than more than half those bands and albums listed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic