Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy West’s son
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Tommy West’s son

Jan 17, 2019, 11:26 AM

The Citadel (FCS – SC): Former Austin Peay linebackers coach Turner West has joined the staff at The Citadel as special teams coordinator / recruiting coordinator. From 2014-17 West served as assistant linebackers coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him

Jan 17, 2019, 11:30 AM

I always liked Tommy as a person but I was glad to see him leave Clemson as a coach. Admittedly he was in over his head. Good to know his son is in coaching. I wish nothing but the best for him and his family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lord, I'm old. I remember TW's son on the sidelines.

Jan 17, 2019, 11:41 AM

I think he might have even gotten a ride on the players' shoulders after TW's last game.

Anyhoo, I pulled for TW big time when he was at Memphis and his son played for him there. At Memphis, TW tried to do some of the things Dabo does - hired great staff (Joe Lee Dunn), I think he had a player with a disability play for him, and if you look at his coaching tree, he has had some assistants go on to be head coaches at decent places.

Great guy. I met him once at a CU function in the ATL. Just for whatever reason he was never able to get over that hump that so many coaches struggle to overcome. Good teams, but never really great.

Good luck Turner!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lord, I'm old. I remember TW's son on the sidelines.

Jan 17, 2019, 12:42 PM

Tommy did not have adequate support from our administration to have a legitimate shot at success. We got passed on facilities and infrastructure by everyone that tried during that era. I don't know if he would have succeeded if he had received a fair shot but I think he would have. Definitely a great guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic