Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Press Conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Nov 20, 2007, 11:38 AM

The coach met with the media Tuesday to preview the South Carolina game Saturday in Columbia. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?????????????

Nov 20, 2007, 12:00 PM

Bowl hopes: Game is more of a motivating factor for them because they might need to get seven wins in order to go.????? Is Keeping his job not motivating, among other things????

http://americayouaskedforit.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/draft-herman-cain-for-president-2012-1024x293.jpg%253Fw%253D300

Re: ?????????????

Nov 20, 2007, 12:11 PM

I believe he was speaking about the team not himself personally. Either way, he will still be here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ultimately it's the players that play the game....

Nov 20, 2007, 12:11 PM [ in reply to ????????????? ]

I see nothing wrong with what he said. TB and the other coaches can be extremely motivated, can call all the right plays, have the players motivated (shouldn't even need to motivate our players for this game) and prepared, and guess what? Tigers can still lose. All he is saying is that his team is going to a bowl regardless of the outcome....Gamecocks might not go bowling if they lose. So, seems perfectly logical to think that the Gamecocks "need" this game more. Now, once the game starts, we will see who "wants" the game more....I hope our team wants it more and executes the plays they are given to run. If they do, I think we win....if we drop passes, blow coverages, and don't snap the ball very well....I think it could go the other way.

Stop trying to analyze everything TB says....geez.

GO TIGERS...BEAT THE CHICKENS!!!!

Re: Ultimately it's the players that play the game....

Nov 20, 2007, 6:32 PM

I AGREE,SOMEONE ON TIGERNET USES THEIR BRAIN

Re: Tommy Bowden Press Conference

Nov 20, 2007, 12:42 PM

"- I like the fact that this team has showed up to play every game" ......

.......except against GT. I do realize that looking at past games doesn't change anything, nor does it add to the current task at hand.

I just hope that the team that shows up to play this weekend is the same team that showed up to play the last five games and NOT the same team that "showed up to play" against GT.

Time to relinquish the crown in this rivalry. Go Tigers!

gawd, I hope this doesn't come down to the kicking game

Nov 20, 2007, 12:48 PM

Might as well shut off the tv if buchholz lines up. Didyaknow he has a worse kicking percentage than Jad Dean did his senior year? Food for thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This also is his first yr kicking too. At least Buccholz

Nov 20, 2007, 1:28 PM

has a big leg. We saw what he can do against Wake the other week. but your right i will probably not want to look if he's lining up for a game winner (from any distance)

Re: This also is his first yr kicking too. At least Buccholz

Nov 20, 2007, 6:29 PM

If it's tied I'll look because Buccholz will have no pressure and will kick the living crap out of the ball. I just hope it doesn't come down to that. In fact, it shouldn't with the talent we have. Again, I think it's our front four on defense that is the difference.

Re: gawd, I hope this doesn't come down to the kicking game

Nov 20, 2007, 1:44 PM [ in reply to gawd, I hope this doesn't come down to the kicking game ]

I think if you check the percentages that he has been very good from under 45 yards. Nobody is going to be very good from over that.

Yeah, he was better than Jad at <40 yard FGs, but Jad had

Nov 20, 2007, 2:17 PM

a better percentage for 40-50 yard (admittedly he was only 3-3 but still).

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is: Tommy needs to bring back the fake FG. He can run end arounds and screen toss plays all he wants, but when it comes to 4th down, he either goes for it, or he doesn't. No trickery or anything. Ever.

Buchholz is #2 scorer in ACC. He's be #1 if Spence called TO

Nov 20, 2007, 2:26 PM [ in reply to gawd, I hope this doesn't come down to the kicking game ]

Last week Buccholz was the #1 point scorer in the ACC, ahead of Travis Bell, Sam Swank, Aaron Kelly, James Davis, et al. Buchholz would probably still be the leading scorer in the ACC if the idiot coaching staff had called one of their two time-outs before the second last play of the BC game, rather than rushing Harper into a short-drop (easily sackable) pass that resulted in a sack for a loss, thereby making Buchholz field goal attempt much more difficult. You can't blame a kicker for missing a 54 yard field goal. That's a very low percentage kick. We're fortunate to have a kicker that can even kick that far. But you can blame the coaches for not calling a time out and not calling a better play.

I'm sure if you were the coach you would have done the

Nov 20, 2007, 5:36 PM

right things and won that game, right coach?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I would have called a freaking time out.. I screamed for it.

Nov 21, 2007, 2:05 AM

Everybody around me was screaming for a time out. But I guess the genius coaching staff had some brilliant reason for not calling a time out. I haven't heard them explain that one. But I guess they don't have to since the press never asks them any tough questions, and Bowden-fans like you defend them no matter how badly the coach.

Can you explain to me why Spence called more running plays than passing plays against the #2 ranked rush defense and the #110th ranked pass defense when we have the most efficient passing QB in the league? The offense averaged 1.5 yards per carry on the ground and 5.65 yards per attempt in the air, completing 67%. Can you explain why Spence sent Spiller dancing between the tackles for no yards time after time even though Spiller hasn't run well between the tackles all year-- let alone against the #2 rush defense. Can you explain why they didn't call a time out? Spence is incompetent.

Re: Tommy Bowden Press Conference

Nov 20, 2007, 1:41 PM

This game, like every loss we have had will come down to the trenches...if we get knocked off the ball, we'll lose. We also have to control the ball, as he said in his call...keep them off the field or they will score points. Now is the time for the Oline to get a minimum of 3 yards on every rushing play.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic