Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today I Lay My Dad to Rest
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Today I Lay My Dad to Rest

Feb 28, 2016, 11:53 AM
image.jpeg(245.6 K)

Today will be one of the hardest days of my life. My family knows too much tragedy from losing my uncle, sister, 3 of four grand parents and my daughter. But this one hurts a bit differently.

He passed away Wednesday afternoon while removing debris from his road when a tree fell on him. At the scene it didn't seem to be too serious but later went into cardiac arrest after arriving at the hospital. He died doing what he did best which was helping others and the community. He didn't have to stop and remove that debris but he did so others would not wreck or get hurt.

My dad was a good man, known by most he crossed paths with as a man who helped them with something. He began as a mechanic and taught himself everything he knew from cars to computers to home construction. He educated himself by reading and eventually went back to school at 45 years old obtaining 2 associates, a bachelor's and masters degrees. He never gave up. He was a good father who loved his family unconditionally and provided for us and anyone else he could whether it be open or anonymously.

He was a Red Cross volunteer and a Godly man. He died doing what he was known for.

My father was a devoted Clemson fan. I am proud to have gotten the chance to take him and my mom to their first Clemson game in October vs Boston College. Like every Clemson fan who first experiences Death Valley, he was in awe and had such a great time. We had plans to attend the spring game but I am sad that he will miss it. I was looking forward to it so much.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers.

Rest easy Daddy until we meet again! Love you!

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®
Fixed broken Image 03/07/2016

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic