Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To put the UGA vs Clemson argument to rest we need only look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

To put the UGA vs Clemson argument to rest we need only look

Jul 20, 2018, 9:09 AM

at National Championships won in the modern football era, which by all accounts started in 1981.

Clemson: 2
UGA: 0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good point, 2 is roughly infinite times greater than 0***

Jul 20, 2018, 9:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I bet there was a good rivalry between UGA and Army

Jul 20, 2018, 9:15 AM

for championships back in the day, but I doubt any footage of those games survived.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Some inbred dawg was making fun of USuCk yesterday

Jul 20, 2018, 9:17 AM

funny that in the modern era of college football UGAy and USuCk have the same number of national championships

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

GWP cracks me up!! Great posts!

Jul 21, 2018, 1:27 AM

You Dug FM and a few more make my day on here !!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just punched 2 divided by 0 into my calculator

Jul 20, 2018, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Good point, 2 is roughly infinite times greater than 0*** ]

and got ERR ...

Is that a fancy abbreviation for "Bama just punched you in the throat" ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uga fans are looking for the infinite button on ther calculator app

Jul 20, 2018, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Good point, 2 is roughly infinite times greater than 0*** ]

To check the math...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^ Well, to be fair

Jul 20, 2018, 9:14 AM

it’s 2-1 TiGs since 1980 started this rivalry off on equal grounds, as far as Natties are concerned.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^CRUMP! Delete this now!!!***

Jul 20, 2018, 9:16 AM

LbB is a valuable resource...

Jul 20, 2018, 9:17 AM

He and Hartins are our only link to a time when UGA was good at football.

Re: What does fair have to do with us?

Jul 20, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to ^^ Well, to be fair ]

We are about to put the most devastating defensive line in the history of the universe on the field of play against the insignificant peons on our schedule then we'll go into the post season against other equally unworthy opponents and run through their butts like a Snapper mower with razor sharp blades and you think fair is part of our vocabulary?

I ain't even including our blond football godlike creature, Trevor. What's fair about that, Bill. I ask you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The DL is reportedly bullying Trevor so my

Jul 20, 2018, 4:06 PM

disconnected sources tell me he's joining the Big XII

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To put the UGA vs Clemson argument to rest we need only look

Jul 20, 2018, 9:19 AM

It have to be 2-1 bc what starts at just 81 haha as much as it sucks we should prob start at 80 and make it 2-1. Bout to be 3-1 after this season!!! Go Tigers!!!!

I'm embarrassed for you***

Jul 20, 2018, 9:19 AM

Everything I've read states the modern football era started

Jul 20, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: To put the UGA vs Clemson argument to rest we need only look ]

in 1981. Don't shoot the messenger.

Link:

Jul 20, 2018, 9:54 AM

Hth

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/To-put-the-UGA-vs-Clemson-argument-to-rest-we-need-only-look-23744307

Re: Everything I've read states the modern football era started

Jul 20, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Everything I've read states the modern football era started ]

I didn’t realize that 81 is considered the start of modern football. I just thought you were just goin off 81 bc that’s when we won but If that’s what experts say is the start of modern cfb I’ll take it haha. 2-0* bout to be 3-0 haha Go Tigers!!!

Re: Everything I've read states the modern football era started

Jul 20, 2018, 7:09 PM

Is this real? This sounds ‘shopped to me.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

36 years of being irrelevent.

Jul 20, 2018, 9:24 AM

They are well on their way to catching up to the coots.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them.

Jul 20, 2018, 9:27 AM

Super mutt should be required to stay on his own bored until they win at least 2 NCs in this modern era.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But that would be torture for the rest of us.***

Jul 20, 2018, 9:33 AM

Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them.

Jul 20, 2018, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

They're coming. Kirby gonna Kirby! 2017 wasn't a fluke. It's amazing what he's done in three classes with the roster.

If by "Kirby gonna Kirby" you mean "Kirby gonna watch

Jul 20, 2018, 9:44 AM

the #1 player in the state of GA sign with Clemson" then I agree.

Kirby Kirbying...

Jul 20, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

Kirbying = Being up 20-7 with 6 minutes left in the

Jul 20, 2018, 9:56 AM

3rd quarter of a national championship game and losing.

It's hard to believe, but UGA fans claim that picture

Jul 20, 2018, 9:58 AM

represents the best thing that's happened to UGA football in 40 years.

Luckily the ratings were higher than normal so the nation

Jul 20, 2018, 10:21 AM

could be witness to UGA's crowning achievement.

They're like the college version of the Atlanta Falcons.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Except UGAy players are paid more to choke away

Jul 20, 2018, 11:01 AM

championships in the 4th quarter.

#arewethereyet***

Jul 20, 2018, 2:48 PM

Re: Kirbying = Being up 20-7 with 6 minutes left in the

Jul 20, 2018, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Kirbying = Being up 20-7 with 6 minutes left in the ]

So you rag a coach for losing to a team that absolutely trucked your team?

lol

Jul 20, 2018, 4:24 PM

We were actually trailing 10-6 and on Bama 35 with

Jul 21, 2018, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirbying = Being up 20-7 with 6 minutes left in the ]

2nd and 2 with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Even though we were not nearly the team Bama was last year, the score got out of hand on two interceptions on consecutive offensive plays. Our defense held Bama to 261 yards while Georgia gave up 371, or 346 if you don't count the 25 in overtime. Our defense played very well, but our offense didn't help them out at all with regard to field position, or time of possession.

But to your point, we certainly did not give them the game Georgia gave them, nor did we have nearly as good a team as Bama or Georgia in 2017. I believe final #4 ranking was a good spot for that Clemson team. And I do believe had we beaten Bama, Georgia would have beaten us in the championship game.

Our common opponents were only the following, but I just feel like Georgia would have beaten anyone not named Alabama. And except for some fluke circumstances (handful of terrible calls, a backup QB just sitting on ready, long pass to end game), Georgia very nearly beat Bama:

Alabama 26 Georgia 23 OT neutral site
Alabama 24 Clemson 6 neutral site

South Carolina 10 Georgia 24 Athens
South Carolina 10 Georgia 34 Cootlumbia

Meant South Carolina 10 Clemson 34 Cootlumbia***

Jul 21, 2018, 1:36 AM

Re: We were actually trailing 10-6 and on Bama 35 with

Jul 21, 2018, 8:41 AM [ in reply to We were actually trailing 10-6 and on Bama 35 with ]

Appreciate the common sense post.

“Kirbie gonna kerbie” has got to be the dumbest phrase I’ve ever heard on Tnet.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

Congratulations. You’ve topped the coots in something else.

Wait... are we talking about Smart or Richt?

Jul 20, 2018, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

Great classes with no hardware... could be either.

What are you talking about?

Jul 20, 2018, 12:58 PM

They won the "off-season national championship" yet again this year

Jul 20, 2018, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

Were you saying the same thing after Mark Richt won the SEC in his second year at UGA?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Kirby is mostly known for sucking, though....

Jul 21, 2018, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep. I don’t even know why this is a discussion between us and them. ]

There's never been any bad rosters , going back to the early Dooley days . What the problem was is it still is.… red and black is whack and can't get right or get on track .

Just be happy you didn't meet Alabama in the SEC Championship game .

DB23

I would look at them from the AP and UPI poll beginnings. We

Jul 20, 2018, 9:54 AM

have 2 national championships and they have 1. One of the saddest things is that I have sseen lately that they have tried to claim the 1942 title much like Bama has claimed about 6 or 7 that they did not win. To me this just devalues their only real natty. I love our two and our runner-up. Now if all of a sudden the Clemson SID office tried to claim 1900 and 1948 as national championships for us, it would discredit or real ones. Anyway, here are the natty numbers right here. It will be a tough pill for UGA fans to swollow that we have two and they have one until they win another to go with the 1980 title. That, by the way, is a very likely possibility in the next few years, if not multiple times. But for now, they will just have to live with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AP_National_Championship_Trophy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFCA_National_Championship_Trophy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff_National_Championship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff_National_Championship_Trophy

The footage is too grainy to know for sure, but...

Jul 20, 2018, 9:55 AM

I don't think UGA even attempted a forward pass in their last NC win.

Re: I would look at them from the AP and UPI poll beginnings. We

Jul 20, 2018, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I would look at them from the AP and UPI poll beginnings. We ]

It's not a tough pill at all. Clemson has 2 titles and a runner up. UGA has 1 title and a runner up. Congrats on your 2016 title. They way some of you guys drone on and on here, you'd think you were Bama.

We're not bama...

Jul 20, 2018, 4:48 PM

Bama is the team we manhandled on our way to the 2016 NC.

No, but if Georgia wins another, I guarantee you guys will

Jul 21, 2018, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I would look at them from the AP and UPI poll beginnings. We ]

drone on and on also. I happen to think the time you all will start droning is not very far off. I'm not sure if you can overcome graduation losses to do it this year, but you will probably win the SEC East. If you do that with one loss or less, then you are in a default playoff right then and there. Win the SEC title, and then just 2 more game and you have it.

I actually think it might not happen this year in 2018 season, but after that, it could happen at any time and perhaps multiple times due to the layers and layers of recruits that will be seasoning.

I live in Atlanta and have many friends that are Georgia fans. If or when they win a second natty, I will be happy for them.

Jul 20, 2018, 2:55 PM

31 seniors lost from last years team? Kirby’s can recruit, can he coach um up? See you guys in the playoff, maybe.

Jul 20, 2018, 4:16 PM

Good for Clemson fans that the modern era began in 1981 and way back in 1980. If that were the case it would 2 for Clemson and 1 for UGA.

Unfortunately for UGA, that's not the case.***

Jul 20, 2018, 4:50 PM

null

Re: Unfortunately for UGA, that's not the case.***

Jul 20, 2018, 6:10 PM

You want to cite history just enough to fit your narrative. How Coot-like.

Sounds to me like that’s what you’re trying to do.

Jul 20, 2018, 6:30 PM

I, like most scholars, consider 1981 the beginning of the modern football era. If that doesn’t fit the UGA narrative, I’m sorry.

Another option for UGA is to not go 4 decades without a NC. Seems to be a better approach than changing the definition of modern era.

The 1981 being modern and 1980 not being modern was

Jul 21, 2018, 1:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Unfortunately for UGA, that's not the case.*** ]

tongue in cheek by the original poster.

I think he was joking about the 1981 vs 1980 modern era***

Jul 21, 2018, 1:37 AM [ in reply to Re: To put the UGA vs Clemson argument to rest we need only look ]

+1 for the Football post FM

Jul 20, 2018, 4:59 PM

Knew you were a fan of balls, just didn't realize you were a fan of the balls that involved the sports

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: UGA and Clemson

Jul 20, 2018, 7:01 PM

It is safe to say both programs are currently relevant.

Re: UGA and Clemson

Jul 20, 2018, 7:13 PM

Safe? Who wants to stick with safe? Safe is boring.

Go Tigers!!!

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

different coach now,they always had enough talent***

Jul 22, 2018, 6:53 AM

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic