Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:42 AM

Of course, their QB Tua was truly a much better passer but not as good a runner as Hurts..but the media kept saying the Tide O was the best ever in Bama history..until 44-16.

Saying..the media & SEC propaganda machine can hype uP a lemon to look like a huge mellon but when Dabo & coaches get their minds around a scheme of attack, then just about any good to great team can be beat..sometimes ungracefully bad (as 0-31 OHst, 3-30 ND & lastly 16-44 Tide learned the hard way)..

What a Staff & Team Clemson has..and a future!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is the unassuming guy at the bar

Mar 24, 2019, 10:00 AM

...that beats up the most intimidating guy at the joint.

People rarely see it coming.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was amazed out how quickly their d line fizzled out.

Mar 24, 2019, 10:04 AM

Basically they lasted a quarter. And then essentially gave up. Many Acc olines put up a much better fight

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.

Mar 24, 2019, 10:16 AM

When you look at the game in '17 and the way they got 14 of their points...you realize that if we had a passing attack last year, we could very possibly be on our 3rd championship in as many years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.

Mar 24, 2019, 11:50 AM

^^exactly^^

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gauged by what?

Mar 24, 2019, 12:06 PM

Imo, it's impossible to know. Teams change composition every year and lose much of the most experienced talent or those who have developed their skill the most. Actually, Clemson gained so much with the maturation of our defensive line those previous games with Bama seemed trivial. On top of that the addition of Trevor and Justyn may alone have made a difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 12:40 PM

It's always interesting when folks attempt to rationalize the "ineffectiveness" of the opposition when our guys do well.

Why just not assume that the Tigers won because they were superior - this year.

I don't think this is even a debate

Mar 24, 2019, 5:05 PM

Their defense was absolutely worse in 2018.

Their offense was better and their defense was worse.

Mar 24, 2019, 5:10 PM

Our defense was better and our offense was much better.

44-16, Baby!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic