»
Topic: To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 24, 2019 5:10 PM by: BengalBilly
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.

[2]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 9:42 AM

Of course, their QB Tua was truly a much better passer but not as good a runner as Hurts..but the media kept saying the Tide O was the best ever in Bama history..until 44-16.

Saying..the media & SEC propaganda machine can hype uP a lemon to look like a huge mellon but when Dabo & coaches get their minds around a scheme of attack, then just about any good to great team can be beat..sometimes ungracefully bad (as 0-31 OHst, 3-30 ND & lastly 16-44 Tide learned the hard way)..

What a Staff & Team Clemson has..and a future!

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Clemson is the unassuming guy at the bar

[1]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 10:00 AM

...that beats up the most intimidating guy at the joint.

People rarely see it coming.

I was amazed out how quickly their d line fizzled out.

[2]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 10:04 AM

Basically they lasted a quarter. And then essentially gave up. Many Acc olines put up a much better fight

military_donation.jpg

Re: To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.

[3]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 10:16 AM

When you look at the game in '17 and the way they got 14 of their points...you realize that if we had a passing attack last year, we could very possibly be on our 3rd championship in as many years.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: To me, Bama’s 2016 & ‘17 D was better-tougher overall than this year’s when all said.

[1]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 11:50 AM

^^exactly^^

Gauged by what?

[1]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 12:06 PM

Imo, it's impossible to know. Teams change composition every year and lose much of the most experienced talent or those who have developed their skill the most. Actually, Clemson gained so much with the maturation of our defensive line those previous games with Bama seemed trivial. On top of that the addition of Trevor and Justyn may alone have made a difference.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

[1]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 12:40 PM

It's always interesting when folks attempt to rationalize the "ineffectiveness" of the opposition when our guys do well.

Why just not assume that the Tigers won because they were superior - this year.

I don't think this is even a debate

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 5:05 PM

Their defense was absolutely worse in 2018.

Their offense was better and their defense was worse.

Posted: Mar 24, 2019 5:10 PM

Our defense was better and our offense was much better.

44-16, Baby!

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Season Tickets in Section S, Row FF, Seats 16 & 18. Asking $1100 per ticket. Shoot me an email wit...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
561 people have read this post