Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To all the coots and ESPN hatin' on us storming the court:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

To all the coots and ESPN hatin' on us storming the court:

Mar 26, 2014, 11:15 AM

Coots would probably storm the court if Kentucky wins the NCAA Tourney or when Bama wins the National Title.

We have something to be proud of. Something we can enjoy. Something that doesn't happen often. Something that we earned, not glory by proxy.

If we aren't supposed to be emotional and proud of our own team then you certainly shouldn't be emotional nor proud when Bama wins something.

We stormed the court not because we beat Belmont, but because we were picked second to last and are one of the only ACC teams still playing. We overcame the Duke and Pitt debacles at the end of the season.

These past two wins have been as cathartic to Clemson nation as any I can remember. Of course a win over the Coots in November will complete the exhale. And guess what, we will storm the field that day as well.

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I would say those last 2 NIT games were just FUN. I

Mar 26, 2014, 11:20 AM

was at Sunday's game...and it was one of the most enjoyable games I've been to at Clemson. I'm not even sure why.

The students were just excited and having fun...it spilled over onto the court.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sure were.***

Mar 26, 2014, 11:22 AM

Re: Well, I would say those last 2 NIT games were just FUN. I

Mar 26, 2014, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Well, I would say those last 2 NIT games were just FUN. I ]

All those guys complaining has never donated a dime to Clemson. Worrying about anything that any of them have to say about Clemson or Clemson fans is a total waste of our emotions. Personally, I'm glad we're getting into their heads and causing them to make a complete A$S of them selves by screwing up their emotions with what we do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets be honest

Mar 26, 2014, 11:22 AM

it was embarrasing to storm the court as a favorite against Belmont.

If USCe would have done that we would be making fun of them too. Some of our students need to show a little restraint and celebrate but not on the court on national television after beating belmont.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You em bare assed? Poor baby. Try growing some...***

Mar 26, 2014, 11:29 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol alright man***

Mar 26, 2014, 12:22 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wasn't embarrassed at all

Mar 26, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Lets be honest ]

because I didn't see it as being about Belmont but a celebration of where our guys have come from and all they have endured this season. Everyone knows the kids were screwed against Pitt and Duke but they kept fighting. I think the fan base saw that and have loved this team back because of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would be more embarrassed if our coach acted like a

Mar 26, 2014, 12:37 PM

deranged idiot.

What on earth is wrong with having fun?

Mar 26, 2014, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Lets be honest ]

Honestly, that's all this is. No one is confusing winning that game last night with winning any monumental game. We simply got a chance to win another game, have some fun, and the students wanted to celebrate.

I'm just not sure why anyone would care about this at all. It seems to be such a non-issue that I can imagine getting worked up over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets be honest

Mar 26, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Lets be honest ]

Belmont beat UNCheat in chapel hole. So Belmont wasn't a slack Mid Major, and beating them was worth a celebration for a team picked to finish next to dead last in the acc. I'm personally not ashamed at all by our fans reaction. Our team made those that voted us as being next to the worst team in the acc look like complete dumb A$SES with their expert opinion of Clemson basketball . Now they are mad that our fans have shoved our success that they said wouldn't happen back in their faces. Good for our fans, Goooo Tigerssss!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be embarrassed of being embarrassed by it.

Mar 26, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Lets be honest ]

We rag on our students for not supporting the team and when they start to get behind them, you want them to calm down? To heck with that. Enjoy it, students!

null

Re: To all the coots and ESPN hatin' on us storming the court:

Mar 26, 2014, 11:24 AM

No problem with you storming court, looked like fans had a lot of fun.

Earned by proxy? You do realize we won 2 NIT's so you are trying to do something we've done twice.

No need to be ashamed, you guys are playing well and fans have right to celebrate.

Re Winning the NIT is no big deal. It only means that you

Mar 26, 2014, 12:39 PM

may be the 60th best team in the country. No problems with storming the court. It is a kid thing. Remember, we start them young.

60th? Not hardly considering all the 1st round automatics.

Mar 26, 2014, 1:18 PM

The final four in the NIT could have easily made the Sweet sixteen or better.

to your point this team has overcome a ton of adversity this

Mar 26, 2014, 11:29 AM

yr...last yrs team had little character and toughness about them. They were "led" by a couple of guys who had some issues no doubt. The team was picked to finish at the back of the pack and essentially be even worse than the 2012-2013 team and then something happened....they just decided this was a different team/different year and made it happen. Leaders grew up on the team in Hall, McDaniels, and Harrison. Nnoko became a very good player. Jaron became what we hoped and had heard he could be. Roper came back from a tough situation and displayed a ton of heart down the stretch. The team just bought into the coaching staff's method of winning. Incredible turn around from last season.

Re: to your point this team has overcome a ton of adversity this

Mar 26, 2014, 11:43 AM

Yeah, it's funny how when the coots were winning the NIT it was the next best thing to sliced bread, even better than the NCAA championship in their self proclaimed greatness. But when it's Clemson, no big deal. That is one narcissistic bunch over there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its the nature of any rivalry

Mar 26, 2014, 12:12 PM

Downplay the other team's successes, hype up your own.

We are similarly guilty.

That said, I don't think you have to think the NIT is an amazing feat to be happy about the win and enjoy it like heck. It's no national Championship, but winning a game is always supposed to be fun.

Re: to your point this team has overcome a ton of adversity this

Mar 26, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: to your point this team has overcome a ton of adversity this ]

You haven't won it and no one ever said it was better than winning the NCAA Championship. That could be the most idiotic comment I have ever seen on a sports forum.

Mar 26, 2014, 11:46 AM

Personally, I'm not a big fan of storming the court or field for anything, because often people can and do get seriously hurt in those situations. However, I also think that the national sports pundits and TV talking heads were way off base in their ridicule and humor concerning the Clemson fans last night. Clemson Tiger fans have traditionally been the among the most vocal and emotional fans in the country, that's why Dabo is so beloved in the Tiger Nation!

Tell 'em coot

Mar 26, 2014, 1:14 PM

fno

Re: Tell 'em coot

Mar 26, 2014, 1:46 PM

You know I always do, nightshade! LOL!

Re: If Coots weren't interested then why were they

Mar 26, 2014, 12:32 PM

watching? Envious? You know it.

Mar 26, 2014, 12:54 PM

Wasn't it the coots that tore down the goal post and ripped up the shrubs at billy brice after beating New Mexico St. and the fans carried the pieces to five point with their celebration. Pot, meet Kettle:)

Mar 26, 2014, 1:36 PM

First of all I have no problem with you storming the court. Looked like fun.

But, if you get to storm the court at MSG, remember we won that twice. If you ever win a conference championship, we've done that 6 times in 3 different conferences including 5 times when you were competing for the same championship. And if you ever beat #1 at Littlejohn, enjoy that too. We've enjoyed beating #1's at our house. We even stormed the court. And if you ever win at Chapel Hill like we have, you should storm that court as well.

I don't recall us storming anything when KY or Bama won, but I do recall us beating them when they were #1 in the sports you mention.

And yes, when you beat us again on the football field, I am sure you will storm the field.

But you are still playing and we are not, Good Luck and enjoy it.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic