Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Trip to Boston Not So Special
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 723

Sep 10, 2006, 12:06 AM

Two hundred and thirteen kickoff return yards from Boston College freshman Jeff Smith and a blocked extra point in the second overtime cost the Tigers a 34-33 loss to Boston College. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers Trip to Boston Not So Special

Sep 10, 2006, 11:16 PM

Let me begin by saying that I am proud of the Tigers for their play on Saturday. I am not happy about the outcome of the game, but statistically when you put up 33 points and 500 yards, you win!!!

Now, getting to the issue at hand. THE INTERCEPTION. That's right, I said it, it was an interception. And if by some stretch of the imagination it wasn't, you have no evidence. I almost came out of my chair when the official said "indisputible evidence." There was no video evidence that could have overturned the call on the field. From no angle possible could you without any doubt confirm that Challenger had "possesion" of that pass at any time. Hamlin was the "receiver" of that pass, and Clemson should have been awarded the ball. It just burns me up when a play such as this completely changes the outcome of the game. And yes, Clemson would have run out the clock or extended the lead had they been given the rightful interception.

Instead, we began a series of self-distruct plays. How do you not score when it is first and goal from the 2?? Even with the bad call, we should have ended it in the first overtime.

SECOND ISSUE - KICKING GAME

What is Jad Dean's problem? When you have a return man that is called 'the fastest man to ever play for BC' why in the world do you kick it anywhere near him. Last week against FAU, the majority of Dean's kickoff were touchbacks. If memory serves me correct, he did not have a single touchback against BC. Apply a touchback at the beginning of the second half, and we win, all other discussions about 'what happened' are useless. So Jad, can you say TOUCHBACK!!!!!! Let's not keep giving teams an opportunity to run anything back, kickoffs and punts, put them in the endzone, we obviously cannot tackle on special teams.

Enough of that, it is on to next week. Come one Tigers, help me out here, I sit around a mess of Seminoles at work, take care of business and beat Bobby in Tally next week!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 723
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic