Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerNet Talk #75: Rush to Judgement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,145

Oct 1, 2009, 11:04 PM

Each week I try to come up with some level of prose that you all will feel is acceptable to read as Clemson Tiger fans. I am, by no means, a writer. I can barely punctuate a sentence correctly. The English scholars here could shred my writing to pieces at will. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Wildcat has never worked for us. Why? Because the

Oct 1, 2009, 11:51 PM

guy getting the direct snap has NEVER handed it off.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellington must play

Oct 2, 2009, 10:12 AM

I agree with you. Andre Ellington has got to play. Let's not do it the Rob Spence way. Let's utilize all of the big play makers and find a way to win. That means taking it first down after first down. If something is working, like the run, let's keep it up. Those cutesie plays when we get in rhythm are what kills us. Oh, and by the way I think you are a very good writer.

Re: TigerNet Talk #75: Rush to Judgement

Oct 2, 2009, 10:46 AM

I was like you I kept waiting for them to put Ellington in the game. I could not believe he did not run the ball not one time. I think he is a very good runner now an will be awesome in the future. They are going to key on Spiller but with him in the backfield too (at the same time) I believe we would be devastating !!!!! Why can we not have a two back system? Also let the fullback run the ball a couple maybe three times a game. Lets do something different from what we have done for 20 years. Even with the Spiller/Davis backfield it showed we could move the ball a lot better.
Don't put all the pressure on our quarterback !!!!
We need to get an "Ellington" CAMPAIGN going too.
It would also take a lot of the pressure off of Spiller.

Unpredictability

Oct 2, 2009, 12:29 PM

I agree totally that we are in a great position to use Spiller and Ford to open the game up for other players like, Ellington, Taylor/Deihl and Harper (should he get it going). Early in the game we could play fake the ball to Spiller and Ford and give to other talented backs we have and by the time the defense adjust (3rd qtr) start feeding the ball back to our play makers. If we can get the production from these other skilled backs it would only serve to allow Spiller and Ford to rack up numbers. When everybody knows who is responsible for our production it is a given that they will key on these players. Maybe I'm preaching to the choir and this is Napier's plan as we get into the meat of the schedule, but it seems like we would be tough to stop if we give the ball to other proven players more.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,145
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic