Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger football vs Tiger basketball thought process differences:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Tiger football vs Tiger basketball thought process differences:

Feb 16, 2019, 6:01 PM

When Dabo turned the football program around he did several different things, but there are a few that stand out.

- they made the offense open up and make it exciting for the players. Wr’s and qb’s were going to love it and they have.

- the coach had a very infectious attitude that people wanted to be around

There are plenty more, but as a former player and current dad of two teenagers that play ball. These are the two biggest.

Yes, facilities are nice, but those two are huge to players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger football vs Tiger basketball thought process differences:

Feb 16, 2019, 6:11 PM

I agree sir !I stated on another post that we need a coach that runs a high scoring offensive scheme .Dabo was smart an so can the ad or whoever has the power to change the basketball program.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:26 PM

As a general rule
from years past if you succeed in one you don’t dominate another sport. We do need better results but we shouldn’t act like we’re a bunch of spoiled elites either. Calling out our coaches on the threads makes us look like other rabid fan bases that cannot balance common sense and real expectations. We do need better consistency though

Feb 16, 2019, 6:48 PM

Huh? Who's calling out our coaches on the internet? You've apparently seen something that I haven't seen. Please be specific.

when observing the state of our sports programs

Feb 16, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger football vs Tiger basketball thought process differences: ]

ultimately, the HC is responsible for all things that make the program a success. fortunately or unfortunately, these threads can give a forum to the most basic of human instincts... but there is nothing wrong with discussing the merits of a successful program and whether the HC is or is not best for the job. I see quite a few posters who are probably responsible for hiring and firing employees and their opinions tend to be based on performance evaluations. there are a lot of off the cuff, uninformed opinions of our HC (good and bad) that should be taken with a grain of salt, but 7 years into this tenure, and we really need to begin to believe what our eyes are seeing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2019, 6:44 PM

Yeah,and we developed an offensive line that could block, and recruited the top QB in the country---plus having the top WR's in the country on the team---- plus, one of the best RB's in the country. Gee, how did we win??

Yes, Dabo did all of those things. He’s a great coach.

Feb 16, 2019, 6:51 PM

Dabo was also given:

-The best facilities in the nation
-The highest assistant coach budget in the nation
-An outstanding team of trainers, nutritionists, physical therapists, and sports psychologists
-Excellent support staff for managing recruiting, social media, etc.

And he did all of this at a school which is, and has always been, passionate about football.

So basically, what Dabo has done isn’t really relevant to our basketball program.

Want a better basketball team? Tell the AD you want more emphasis on basketball and doing what it takes to be a top program. And be prepared to wait for all of that to materialize at a school with zero basketball history.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, Dabo did all of those things. He’s a great coach.

Feb 16, 2019, 7:09 PM

Give me a break. At times, Clemson basketball has been very competitive. I am kinda disappointed to see top athletes paid by certain equipment people to go to certain schools. I understand totally. However, I believe Clemson can win in Basketball too. It takes the right car salesman to get enough talent on campus and then actually coach the kids. It’s not rocket science. It Clemson can’t get players there now it is only one reason... the coaches!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong.

Feb 16, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Yes, Dabo did all of those things. He’s a great coach. ]

It is pretty clear you have something against Dabo and the football program, because you constantly refer to all the things that were “given” to him. You seem to really resent that.

You couldn’t be more wrong.

Dabo didn’t start out with those things. He had a vision for what he needed, and he worked his butt off to get those things.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was THE recruiter before he ever became head coach

Feb 16, 2019, 7:13 PM

which is one big reason he got the job.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic