Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Woods irons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Tiger Woods irons

Apr 15, 2019, 10:14 AM

TaylorMade’s P7TW (right-handed only) will be available for pre-order May 1 and retail for $2,000 (3-PW).

https://www.golf.com/gear/irons/2019/04/08/first-look-tiger-woods-taylormade-p7tw-irons/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Woods irons

Apr 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

I will keep playing my '72 Wilson Staffs. Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino, and Gary Player won the majors that year so hopefully I can say I play the same clubs as one of those 3. I do play Taylor Made woods. It is a little more detrimental not upgrading them.

My Corey Pavin Cleveland Golf irons have kept me at a strong 15 handicap for 2 decades.

Apr 15, 2019, 11:30 AM

I don’t trust anything from this up and comer Woods guy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I play well enough to hit a forged iron!!!

Apr 15, 2019, 10:37 AM

The sweet spot is probably the size of a dime . . . not nearly forgiving enough for this old fat guy . . .

but thanks for sharing the post!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where is the Nike swoosh ?***

Apr 15, 2019, 10:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where is the Nike swoosh ?***

Apr 15, 2019, 10:47 AM

Nike no longer makes clubs

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I'll stick with my good old Callaway Apex pros

Apr 15, 2019, 10:56 AM

I'm not proud enough of my game to drop $2000 on a set of irons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 10:57 AM

....and if your wife takes a swing at you, these are guaranteed to cause 20% less damage than traditional irons.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:59 AM

He probably doesn't have them anymore. My guess is he swapped them out with the women in the Augusta area. That is his life style.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you'll probably have to hit every waffle house and denny's

Apr 15, 2019, 11:11 AM

In the Augusta area to collect them all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For $2000, she better make solid contact!

Apr 15, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Woods irons ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once upon a long time ago, I thought I had gotten good

Apr 15, 2019, 1:05 PM

enough at the game to go from "game improvement irons" (Ping Eye 2) to tour type blades (went to Hogan Apex). I was a 6-8 handicap at this point in time, but I VERY quickly found out with the blades just how often I was hitting it out towards the toe.

Unless you are among the 1% of the best golfers in the world, discard the vanity and stay away from blades. Especially for $2000.

Followup. Although I eventually went back to cavity back

Apr 15, 2019, 1:15 PM

irons, I did have what I consider to be one of my best all time rounds, 75, with the Apexes. Not because it was the best score I ever shot, not at all. The two guys I was playing with that day shot 118 and 158 (!, first time he had ever played, and was determined to count every shot, by the rules.) Seeing what I was seeing from my playing partners, shooting a No Birdie 75 was a monumental testament to the powers of concentration back then. (After 3 back surgeries, about forty more years, and a hundred more pounds, I am unfortunately about equidistant between the 118 and the 75 these days.

Like the old comment, "I wish I could play my normal game, just ONCE!"

That is just another reason I am impressed with Tiger Woods winning the Masters again, he is getting close to playing his normal game again!

Re: Once upon a long time ago, I thought I had gotten good

Apr 15, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Once upon a long time ago, I thought I had gotten good ]

yeah mine really just need a toe (I also have eye 2's)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 1:24 PM

Blades, no thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tour Blades

Apr 15, 2019, 2:47 PM

I grew up playing tour blades - first a set of ladies clubs with fiberglass shafts, then a set of Ram from K-Mart, then a set of some kind with aluminum shafts and finally a custom set of D-4 tour blades and D-3 persimmon woods all with with pro extra stiff shafts, oversize grips and special face-angle driver. I'd been playing golf several years before game-improvement clubs came along.

Once you learn to hit the tour blades, you almost never miss-hit one. I would miss-hit the 1-iron occasionally, but not often. I suppose the truth is that with tour blades you have to learn to hit them in the sweet spot or you won't score well, so with no other choice of clubs, you will learn to play well sooner because you develop a more grooved swing.

The pro extra stiff shaft was the best game improvement change I ever made. Once I had those, I never drew or faded the ball again - primarily because I no longer could if I tried, since all of the rotational torque was out of the shaft.

The Tiger Woods apparel line should be lighting it up today

Apr 15, 2019, 3:01 PM

A lot more options in more people's price range.

https://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/mens-tiger-woods-golf/7puZcg8Zaha?ipp=61

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic