Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Eye Painting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 51

Tiger Eye Painting

Aug 14, 2018, 11:29 PM

My sister is an artist (Clemson fan like my whole family) and sent me two concept paintings of a Tiger Eye she was playing around with earlier today. Here is what she sent me:

This one is a 6"x6" size. She is already looking to brighten the purple background and I've told her she should rotate the tiger paw clockwise to it's proper position. I also thought she could put a reflection of the National Championship Trophy in the tiger's eye or perhaps a chicken running for it's life...

The second concept she sent me is a standard Tiger eye on 5"x7" canvas:

Again I thought she could put some kind of reflection in the Tiger eye...

I personally like the first one (Tiger eye over the state of SC).

What do you guys think? Do you think the painting size is about right? Is this something that Tiger fans would want?

She has done a ton of commissioned paintings of peoples pets and was wanting to try something new...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Eye Painting

Aug 14, 2018, 11:46 PM

Tilt the Paw to 1pm please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 9:04 AM

I think he already addressed that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 6:17 AM

The eye inside the state looks best. Just tell her not to use both eyes - that’s been done by Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 6:39 AM

I really like the Tiger eye state map exactly as it is. I wouldn't want the background much lighter. Right now it has that "just after dusk" look to it, which seems like the time when a tiger in the wild would begin prowling, and is also usually an exciting point in football games. The color is also deep enough to balance out any state flag artwork that many of us would already have.

Besides setting the paw to its proper rotation, I would prefer the paw to be a bit smaller. The eye superimposed on the state is and should be the focal point. The tiger paw is more of a stamp of approval and shouldn't compete with what makes this painting special.

Would the final product be available online or in the upstate?

Aug 15, 2018, 11:04 AM

Thanks for your input - I'll pass these comments to her. I think she would really like to have a place in Clemson or the upstate to send some Tiger oriented paintings but doesn't know of someone who does this sort of thing for local (i.e. in State) artists. If anyone knows of a place in Clemson or the upstate that does this sort of thing please post a contact or TM me.

She has sold some of her non-commissioned art in a store in Lexington, SC. She also has an art specific Facebook page where she shows a sampling of previously commissioned paintings where she can be contacted for a painting. Her paintings are very reasonably priced and she can personalize a painting to whatever a customer may want. Her art Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/JulieHollawayFineArt/

After seeing that state of SC Tiger eye painting - I know I'll be getting her to paint me one for my Tiger Den!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 8:59 AM

I like the Tiger Eye in the state the best. Besides the aforementioned tilting of the Paw, I think she should put a little hook in the pad if possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tabbyplague - still one of the best names on TNet!***

Aug 15, 2018, 2:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 5:42 AM

Passed along the suggestions to my sister and here is the updated product:

Right now the eye is on Cootlumbia.

Aug 16, 2018, 6:18 AM

Maybe it should be in the upstate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

That looks great - she is very talented!***

Aug 16, 2018, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Eye Painting ]

That looks really nice - great job.***

Aug 16, 2018, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Eye Painting ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic