Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thurs night in KY?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Thurs night in KY?

Jul 12, 2015, 12:47 AM

Remember watching Louisville jump on FSU in same Thurs night scenario last year AND With new defensive addition from TCU transfer along with in their stadium, surely better be on high alert. Tough schedule looms this year, hope to hear some GREAT August practice reports !Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think its the game that makes or breaks us

Jul 12, 2015, 1:30 AM

This year. Sort of like Auburn 2010.

I think if we win that one ... We can win them all. Just my opinion of course,

Aiki

Re: I think its the game that makes or breaks us

Jul 12, 2015, 7:08 AM

Its going to be a tough game for sure, but Louisville did lose their best players on defense, all underclassmen. THey could have been a LOT better had they not gone. This was the game last year where Watson hurt his hand. This year, I see a much improved offense with DW at the helm, a more established running game, but a defense that will have to show out. They lost Dyer and Parker and their TE but return the rest, including their OL. Im going to predict 27-20, good guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 8:45 AM

I honestly think this will be one of the more mediocre games on our schedule, and simply a tune-up for ND. Louisville lost a lot last season, a season where they were very inconsistent as well. They return several highly rated rejects from thUGA and elsewhere, but I dont see them making an awful big difference. We lost a lot on the DL from last season, but we have experience left in those areas, we have recruited well and most importantly we have great coaching...that will pay off for us. With the talent we have on offense and a very underrated defense, I see this being close through 2 quarters before we step on the gas in the end. DW4 has played in Athens in his first action...he's played in Tallahassee, and was cool under pressure in both circumstances. I don't see Papa Johns Oven having any different effect on him regardless what day of the week it is. I say 41-23 in the start of Watsons Heisman campaign.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 8:52 AM

Love your take on this game...

Honestly hope you are right. I have a feeling they are

Jul 13, 2015, 4:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I think its the game that makes or breaks us ]

Going to be as ready as NC State was for our Thursday night visit a couple of years back when we got embarrassed. No one even thought of them being up to the level of mediocre... For Loisville, this game will be their season. This is not Petrino's first rodeo. He will take advantage of home field on a Thursday night and have the cards ready.

I'm hoping for a great victory for our Tigers but it simply will not be easy.

We didn't get embarassed at NCSt on Thurs night

Jul 13, 2015, 10:13 AM

"a couple years back." We got embarrassed in 2011 on a Saturday. We've lost to them twice in 12 years...

Re: Honestly hope you are right. I have a feeling they are

Jul 13, 2015, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Honestly hope you are right. I have a feeling they are ]

I agree with you, and our coaches and players know this will be a huge game! I think the days of "Clemsoning" are well behind us. Petrino is a great coach for sure, but it's hard to overcome with the talent gap there. That's why I say it's close through 2 quarters, but we pull away with ease. Our defense is more than capable, and we haven't seen a QB like DW4 before at Clemson...as far as a decision maker and game manager. Plus to back him up with our stable of RB's, WR's and hopefully TE's...the talent gap is too wide and our coaching is on par. I hear a lot of concern over our OL, but I believe we all will be surprised. Guillermo, Norton, MacLain and Crowder form a tough, fairly experienced core. I think Gore, Fruh and Hyatt erase the concern at our OT positions and we gel by this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I think its the game that makes or breaks us ]

Let me ask - why do you think ND is going to be tougher? (seriously curious).

I just don't see anything overly impressive from them, and it's at home. Honestly - put UL and ND on a neutral field and I'd pick UL. Add in that it's a Thursday nighter, and the traveling team historically has a pretty bad record on Thursday nights... That game scares me much worse than anything ND can throw at us at home.

Re: Thurs night in KY?

Jul 12, 2015, 9:12 AM

Well if we are a true top 5 team in which we all are hoping for. This game should not really be that close. I think the Cards will be scrappy but Clemson should win this game by at least 2 TDs.
If we lose, this season may not be as great as we are hoping for. No doubt the LVille game will be big and a win will have us set up for a special season.

With only 5 days to prepare for UL,

Jul 12, 2015, 11:14 AM

I just hope the Tigers don't look past Ap State. #ApState@MichganUpInSmokeGame

http://www.chatsports.com/michigan-wolverines/a/Former-Michigan-player-Nearly-half-the-team-was-stoned-during-Appalachian-State-loss-614

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Just read the article...

Jul 12, 2015, 7:05 PM

I highly doubt that a bunch of our players are going somewhere and get high and/or drunk before play UL....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2015, 9:48 PM

Any ideas on tickets? Was told by CU current cut off is 400 IPTAY points or higher.

Houston, Samford, Boston College, Syracuse, & UVA.

Jul 12, 2015, 10:43 PM

Those are Louisville's other home games in 2015. Suffice it to say our Thursday nighter there IS their 2015 home schedule. It will be a huge test for our boys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2015, 2:44 PM

No one will beets the Tigers this year. If DW4 plays, we wins. FACT. *spits skoal cherry*

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic