Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the Georgia Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,514

Thoughts on the Georgia Game

Jul 7, 2014, 12:19 PM

I'm taking off my Orange glasses for just a few minutes and looking at this game objectively. I think that both teams are pretty evenly matched,a touchdown difference either way. I think for us to give ourselves the best opportunity to win we will need a good first series on offense. We don't have to necessarily score but at least drive the ball on their defense enough to give our offense some momentum and confidence. If this happens then Georgia is in for a long night. Defensively I think that we're going to be alright. I don't see them making a living running the ball consistently against our defense. Stopping or slowing down the run, then pressuring their quaterback equals CLEMSON VICTORY!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

I think Cole Stoudt is being severely under-estimated

Jul 7, 2014, 12:22 PM

I am still scratching my head as to why a he is not getting more love. He has a lot of playing time and has been working with this system for three years. If our recievers run good routes and hold on to the ball our offense will be very good

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

An underestimation of Clemson and overestimation of UGA.

Jul 7, 2014, 12:26 PM

Excellent

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because not everybody is a Clemson fan

Jul 7, 2014, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I think Cole Stoudt is being severely under-estimated ]

We wouldn't be too scared of another team's QB if he was a not particularly highly- recruited guy who had never started a game, if he was starting his first game at Clemson, and if he was throwing to unproven WRs. We'd be a lot more mystified if the other team's fans were demanding we give that guy more love.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?! We win going away... 56-0 Tigers!***

Jul 7, 2014, 12:38 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure hope that offensive line

Jul 7, 2014, 12:49 PM

is as ready for this game to start as some of you fans. Frankly I am glad we have 40 plus days to better prepare.

Has nothing to do with being a Clemson Fan..

Jul 7, 2014, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Because not everybody is a Clemson fan ]

I am comparing UGA's QB to Cole Stoudt. If Aaron Murray was starting it would not even be close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I think it's just because he hasn't really played with the

Jul 7, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I think Cole Stoudt is being severely under-estimated ]

game on the line, and in a situation where it's all riding on him. Therefore, it's understandable that there are some questions. I also think the fact that he didn't come in as an elite, 4 or 5-star guy still causes a lot of people to doubt him, rightly or wrongly, especially when we have 4 and 5-star guys competing with him.

Having said that, he's played a #### of a lot more than any back-up QB I can remember, and I ain't no spring chicken. A lot of people were/are ready to hand the reigns over to Swag or Watson with unreal expectations; how much experience do they have?

The fact is we know more about Stoudt than any "new" starting QB in a long time, and what we have seen, even though it has been mostly in mop-up, has been outstanding. I'd say that gives us good reason to have high expectations.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game- you just never know

Jul 7, 2014, 1:08 PM

with openers. Personally I think we will be fine but turnovers could swing it either way if there are several. Probably two evenly matched teams coming down to a late score to win it though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we should stack the box

Jul 7, 2014, 1:29 PM

On defense, maybe blitz but definitely make mason beat us with his arm. I have a good feeling about this game for some reason

Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game

Jul 7, 2014, 1:49 PM

Expect Pruitt to use last year's FSU defensive game plan, tailored to the UGA players, as a base line. He will have back up plans, but his greatest strength as a DC is making small adjustments after every series and major adjustments at halftime, if needed. Keep in mind his defense in the NCG held Auburn to 10 points in the final 35 minutes (and 7 of those came in the final 2 minutes)

UGA probably has the best stable of RB's in CFB. Expect a heavy dose of running, much of it right at Beasley. If UGA is successful running, there will be lots of play action passes as your secondary moves up to stop the run.

Your opener is a very difficult game, but so is Georgia's. This will be close if Clemson can stop the run.

Jul 7, 2014, 2:01 PM

^^^Seriously about Pruitt??? Do you really see UGA's personnel on D being remotely close to FSU's last season? First game with a new DC? Really? C'mon - you're scaring me. Yeh - Pruitt does his job well, and makes fantastic adjustments, but by the time he can make some adjustments UGA will be 3-4 TD's down. CLEMSON wins going away. This game will be over in the 3rd quarter with no RED in the stands - just a bunch of ORANGE in the corners and on the top rows.

Jul 7, 2014, 2:58 PM

How do you get this? We barely won at home with Sammy Watkins playing. I've heard UGA is loaded on both sides of the ball. And it won't even be close???

Hey now

Jul 7, 2014, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game ]

don't use logic and rationale on this board. Geez, you haven't figured that out yet?

I see this game as a toss-up as well. Pruitt is a significant upgrade from Grantham and will have their defense playing well. I do think Vic is better against the run than you do; he is extremely strong for his size and uses leverage/hands better than most DE's. I agree UGA's run game will be a key but also think we have a very good to outstanding front seven. Still concerned about our S play, which allowed Gurley to break that long run last year.

This game is not a one or two "key" situations that will define the winner; there will be a lot of ebb and flow in this but in the end, I think home field may be a small difference maker but it is too close to call.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey now

Jul 7, 2014, 3:03 PM

Good post. I forgot that reason and logic will get you roasted here. Ok, we win by 100 points and UGA surrenders at the end of the 3rd. quarter. D.J. Howard will win the Heisman, with Zac Brooks a close second.

Jul 7, 2014, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game ]

I think they will run right at Beasley who needs to be at least 20 pounds heavier. But, he won't be. Our S&C program just doesn't get it done. I had to laugh when someone posted that Zac Brooks will be our short-yardage
power runner. After three years, he's still at his HS weight of 185. Should have been moved to wide receiver. I'm sure DJ Howard is a very nice guy, but as a RB, he's not going to keep any defensive coordinators up at night. Tyshon Dye, from what I've, is no where near recovered from his hamstring injury so how much lifting and running can he have been doing? So that pretty much leaves Adam Choice, a true freshman. But I continue to hear that we're loaded at RB. I must be missing something.

Jul 7, 2014, 3:05 PM

Beasley is fine playing at the weight he is. Even with his hand in the dirt, he was effective against the run last year. Add to that the fact that he'll be playing standup a bit more this year and his weight is absolutely not an issue.

You're obviously missing a lot.

Vic Beasley is not a good example to use in criticizing our

Jul 7, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game ]

strength and conditioning program.

Quite the opposite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2014, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game ]

I think you are missing some LOL DJ Howard is very capable and had some big moments in the big games (LSU, UGA, and OH St), Brooks is only getting better and has great hands...I think he will be much improved this year having a healthy summer... you named choice but you seem to forget about Gallman (which everyone is raving about) and CJ Davidson which could be the shiftiest of them all... add a healthy Dye in there and you are talking about 4 or 5 deep of a very good (I never said great) group of backs with a high ceiling and potential

Slumdog - go back to the slums of Athens and get off T-net

Jul 7, 2014, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game ]

21% - Big Fail!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You left out Gallman

Jul 7, 2014, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the Georgia Game ]

The clear number 1 RB according to most people that get to watch practice, you also left out C. J. Davidson, the probable number 2 runningback at the end of spring practice and Dye's injury is an achilles.

As for your last sentence - "I must be missing something." You are. You should do a little more research so you don't look like a TROLL.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,514
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic