Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 922

Thoughts on game

Jan 10, 2017, 10:24 PM

1. The drive down to Tampa on Sunday was nothing but Clemson flags flying on cars until we hit I-75 in Ocala. Then it was probably at least 10 to 1 in favor of us, maybe even more Clemson cars than that.
2. Went out and about in the city Sunday night. Very heavy majority in favor of Clemson.
3. The two fan bases seemed compatible. Was able to have intelligent conversations with their fans without getting personal. Everyone I talked to was cordial and nice.
4. Arrived at tailgating lot when it opened at 11:30 am. Probably an 80/20 ratio in favor of Clemson at tailgate.
5. Took a long walk around stadium and surrounding areas mid-day and fan numbers were very heavy towards Clemson, to say the least.
6. Speaking with a Bama fan before heading to the stadium, I told him I felt Bama had everything on paper to win the game, but if we won it would be because of two things which I felt we had the advantage: the first obviously being #4 and the second being the heart of our team. My intuition proved to be correct in the end.
7. Arrived at my seat a couple of hours before kickoff in an attempt to get my moneys worth. Never thought I would pay that much money for a ticket to a single football game. But hey it's like a bucket list item, it was cheaper than a ticket to the Super Bowl, and I would have much rather attended that game than any Super Bowl.
8. As the stadium filled, Bama fans seemed to appear from nowhere. The ratio at kickoff was maybe like 55/45 slightly in favor of Clemson. Give Bama fans credit for not selling out as ticket prices rose this week. There must have been like 30,000 Clemson fans who came to Tampa and couldn't find/afford a ticket since the fan ratio outside the stadium was so skewed.
9. Officiating wasn't flawless, to say the least. Probably more missed calls in favor of Bama than us, especially early in the game with missed targeting calls. If TD to Renfrow doesn't happen, then we kick a field goal and still win it on OT. No doubt.
10. When Renfrow made his second TD reception in the closing moments of the game, the estimated 40,000 Tiger fans inside that stadium made as much noise as I've ever heard 85,000 Tiger fans make in DV, and that's saying a lot. And THAT's the moment when I pulled out my giant foam #1 finger purchased in 1981 at my first Clemson football game (vs Wake Forest). That finger has been waiting the last 35 years for just that moment to be pulled out and held high in the air.

Go Tigers!!!

NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree on all points

Jan 10, 2017, 10:31 PM

I would say 60/40 us though.......not to be picky ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Nice, informative & appreciated post Tigerofaiken!

Jan 10, 2017, 11:16 PM

Thx & glad you went & got us a V!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic