Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Watson's comment " I am the best " - Tribute
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,324

Thoughts on Watson's comment " I am the best " - Tribute

Dec 20, 2016, 2:14 AM

Just some thoughts on Watson's comments and a little tribute. Pardon, while I put on my orange shaded glasses to write.

DW4, Deshaun Watson has been press released as saying that " He is " the best player in the country. While Tiger fans have no doubts of that, nor even his teammates, seems that the message boards on the networks are already filling up with negativity.

Let's face it, even J. Allen will tell you He is a force to contend with.

As Tiger Nation knows, Watson has never been one to " toot his own horn " in the countless press conferences after winning big games over his 3 year period has the Tigers veteran signal caller. Dabo Swinney has been saying it for him up to this point, so it made me think about why He would say, or reporters would say " that he is the best player in college football?"

I think it's because the regular season is over, and now that kids are going home and Deshaun is coming back from NY, He has turned on the television and listened to McShay, Fox Analyst, and hearing that He is not the best QB in the daft. That teams should prefer Mitch Trabisky over Watson or even Kizer over Watson. These " analysts' " sometimes are clueless to what's really going on. For example, Watson is going to have the opportunity to show scouts How He plays against Big Competition, and hopefully even bigger and still win. None of the other QB's can say that. Why? Because they didn't lead their team to a national title birth 2 years in a row. Either way, Win or lose, Watson is in all of Tiger Nation a First Round draft pick. Tiger Nation wants Watson to have a successful career in the NFL, and maybe, just maybe, that means getting selected a little lower to get the right " fit " for Watson. My personal hopes are He get's selected around 9-10 to the Cardinals. Arians in no stranger to Clemson players. That is a good organization, though they have struggled on QB play with Carson getting older and not being as mobile as Arians would like his QB to be. Watson would be in good company in Arizona. Anyway, I think the reason Watson said what he said, because He was hearing that his draft stock is down.

The thing is though, if He is the best player in the country ( which c'mon man- you know who DW4 is ) He get's to show it all off at a semi-final college football game. Now, let me ask again. The other 2 QB's that are supposedly better than Watson haven't either made or won a major bowl game while Watson has helped advance his team all the way the to the national championship game last year with a 5 point differential? With in a win, I think just the advance is going to turn around heads for Him. So, with all that being said. Here's to you Deshaun Watson.

Deshaun, you are " as Dabo says " a program changer, you have broken so many records, divisionally, and nationally- it's really getting hard to keep up.
Two back to back Davey Obrien awards? There's only select company in that category, names like Manning's and Breeze amongst others. You're a two time Heisman finalist, over your body of work, many believed that you should have won. Hey, people voted early on the fireworks display, not the Championship ceremony :) So, jut keep your head up, play like the superstar QB that you are, lead this team to a victory over Ohio State and Alabama. We're all behind you, not if you win, but because of the lasting impact you have had on this program, this community and who you are as a person Deshaun.

Thanks for 3 great years- and another trip to the Playoffs. Finish is the word " Elliot "

A Tech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Watson's comment " I am the best " - Tribute

Dec 20, 2016, 5:56 AM

It ain't bragging if you back it up!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2016, 8:52 AM

Sorry, don't see it that way. I really don't think he's watched or listened to much of the "talk"... and could careless. Right now he has bigger fish to fry but that's besides the point.

He's always said he thinks he's the best whatever ___ fill in the blank. Not bragging because he does back it. That's just his mentality. Nothing new here - just media trying to make a story. That biased cbs/b1g mobile app "thescore" tried to blow it up as a big story...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 12:40 AM

Kergantoo, while I respect your thoughts - I think that you got it wrong. These are 18-22 year olds, they know what's going on in the media. L. Fournette last year said that the best running backs in league are not Heisman trophy winners. Not comparing these two kids, but These kids respond to media after being cooped up for a while.Like I said before, the post ended in tribute, not just on Watson's comments. DW4 is the best college player in he nation as The Networks McShay said today in Response to Watson's comments " If I was building a playoff team, I would start with Deshaun Watson". Not validation, just simply others falling in line.

Dec 21, 2016, 12:59 AM

It is OK to be confident, but I was a but taken back by this. If it is not all too uncommon for a player to believe this not feel like they don't have room to grow and improve their game. That being said, Watson has always managed to elevate his game in critical moments, although too often plays to the level of competition when we have a lead. It is a bit confounding to say the least.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 11:36 PM

Tigerbalm, I agree with you, the last part. Watson has never really been outspoken about his talents, rather His desire to win and be the best is a common theme. That's what any coach wants intheir lead signal caller. It is concerning, at the same time, He makes the winning drive how many times? He's become " the clutch " QB in many ways. It's a team thing though, they get ahead, and they just let the other team " hang around " instead of living in their backfield. I hope Lawrence, Wilkins and Watkins just take over OSU. However, in this game, with NFL talent staring them right in the face, it will be a hard fought win with OSU guard and great CB play. Watson will score more points because H knows He has too. Their secondary is good, very good, but they themselves know that Williams is a beast to contend with along with Watson and Gallman in the running game option. Then there is Scott, Renfrow, Cain, and on and on- to get the job done. I personally hope Tankersley has the night of life along with Johnson with passes deflected or intercepted.

Watson is the most cerebral QB in the game I believe, and not just because I heard an analyst say that either. Watson will know that He has to " out think " the defense to connect with his receiver's and find open lanes for running. He'll get it done, He wants this too bad and Tiger Nation is behind Him.

A Tech

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,324
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic