Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Thoughts on Dabo

Jun 7, 2020, 2:04 AM

I think Dabo is a good guy. He’s a great football coach, obviously, and his players love him and, by almost all accounts he treats them with the respect they deserve.

However, Dabo is either short-sighted or he needs to get enlightened...and do so in a hurry. His knack for sounding either tone-deaf or like a total phony is eventually going to catch up with him. This is not the first instance of Dabo failing to deliver the right message. He did it with Kaepernick, player compensation, and now with the protests. He either takes the positions he takes because:

A) He is the biggest God-fearing Patriot in the United States and utterly incapable of believing that any action beyond prayer, respect for the USA’s institutions, and generally being nice to one another is warranted to cure injustices in this world

or

B) He doesn’t want to upset the majority of Clemson’s fan and booster base by saying anything remotely progressive

It’s one or the other. The problem is that neither is a real good look and neither approach is acceptable. He’s coming across as selfish, myopic, and clueless. You can’t pray the world’s problems away and you shouldn’t when your $9M salary is made off the backs of Black kids. How can you be so naive to think that “just find God and be nice to one another” is going to fly? He should be demanding more of others and more of himself. Slaves weren’t emancipated because of an Act of God. People acted. The Civil Rights movement wasn’t a success thanks to an Act it God— people sacrificed their lives, and people got to work.

I’m not expecting Dabo to lead the charge for the country, but I would expect him to be someone to do much more than he’s doing, especially in his position and especially when he’s successful thanks to all of his Black players.

This will be an unpopular opinion on here, obviously, but look at this situation objectively and ask yourself: “Should Dabo be doing more?”

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Dabo

Jun 7, 2020, 2:08 AM

No.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 2:18 AM

I am just curious as to why there is so much focus on what Dabo can do as opposed to all college football programs. They are all benefiting from the talent of young black men and many programs do much less than Clemson to help those men prepare for future success. Why is Dabo taking so much heat?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah what's the coach at _______ doing?

Jun 7, 2020, 10:07 AM

Here's this fatass, literally doing nothing but hoping the camera sees him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Yeah what's the coach at _______ doing?

Jun 7, 2020, 10:29 AM

Absolutely, what muscant is doing, is fronting, acting as if he cares, and I truely don't believe that he does. He is recruiting using a false front, and that is all that he is doing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Yeah what's the coach at _______ doing? ]

Here's this fatass, literally doing nothing but hoping the camera sees him.

Yep. He is clearly using it as a PR stunt platform to recruit. He can’t do it the traditional way!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope that mask is effective in controlling the spread of

Jun 7, 2020, 12:32 PM

the chicken virus. I hear it’s worse than coronavirus.

You know he hated every minute of it.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Yeah what's the coach at _______ doing? ]

The mask is ineffective. I can still tell that's Muschamp.

Tell 'em u6c coot

Jun 7, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Dabo ]

Jun 7, 2020, 2:47 AM

Slaves weren’t emancipated because of an Act of God.

Tell that to the Hebrews.
You must worship a tiny god that you don’t think is active in the affairs of man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 3:05 AM

Nice try. God relies on messengers and Jesus on his disciples and followers. Not doing anything but praying isn’t going to cut it.

Jun 7, 2020, 3:43 AM

Nice try? Nice try at what?
I’m just pointing out that not everyone believes God is as impotent as you say He is.

Now, if you are trying to say to people “be the answer to those who pray for change” that’s fine but to discount the power of prayer in this, or any, example is a mistake.

Jun 7, 2020, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Dabo ]

I assure you God doesn’t rely on anything from us. God moves, then people act, but He gave us free will, so we act by choice. There are people acting in their own way, and by their own choice in the situations we’re seeing in our society now. Are you standing up, or are you expecting others to do everything to make the changes you think you want to see? You have free will and free speech, but I remind you that singling out people who you “think” should be doing or saying certain things is wrong. If Dabo singled you out because you weren’t doing what he thought you should, I’m sure you’d find it offensive and lash out about it, too. You can make a difference by being a leader, speaking up, and taking action for what you believe in. Tearing others down is what got us where we are, and things like this thread are as much a part of the problem as anything.

Jun 7, 2020, 3:45 AM

Or maybe he is just a smart man and realizes BLM organization is far left and promotes getting rid of police departments, anti Christianity, and reperations. Black lives matter but the organization with that name is straight up Marxist. I wish ppl would wake up

Jun 7, 2020, 5:36 AM

Wow that was exactly what my wife and I talked about 15 minutes ago. BLM is absolutely a Marxist organization exploiting their “useful idiots”. Read their core beliefs people. I beg you to and wake up!!

Jun 7, 2020, 6:20 AM

Too many people “talk the talk” but do not “walk the walk.” Dabo “walks the walk “ so no need for him to make pandering statements to the media.

Jun 7, 2020, 6:27 AM

I agree. I am as Tar Heel blue as they come but I have huge respect for Dabo and the program he runs. He should not be forced into a no win public statement. I hope he will just remain strong and continue the good work and live a life of example.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Dabo ]

I think some may think or believe that bc Dabo is a christian man with strong christian beliefs that he should step up and take the lead when our country has problems with race bc he is winner by leading mostly black players. Dabo didn't create those problems that law enforcement has had for a long time that they have created for themselves, and thinking that a FB coach should do more in times like this is asinine!!!

Law enforcement created their problems bc they train their enforcement that everybody is guilty, and must be treated as so, especially if they are black!!!

Dabo teaches his players this is a problem bc he knows that it is, and Dabo teaches his players black and white, what they should and shouldn't do if they are ever confronted by overzealous cops that believe that the public is always guilty of something. This isn't a Dabo problem, this is a law enforcement problem that they have created through law enforcement training. To fix it, they should retrain their enforcement that the public is innocent until proven guilty. People aren't criminals just bc they commit a traffic violation!!!

Good morning, interestingly enough, during my

Jun 7, 2020, 6:41 AM

years at CU in the late 60's, there were occasional questions from students about Frank Howard's thoughts on various subjects, to wit: Vietnam, the emerging drug culture, liberal movements, protests, etc.

Howard largely chose to keep his opinions to himself, dealing with his staff and players away from the public. Thus, he left the opining up to the University administration and BOT.

Dabo, I think has to walk a fine line due to both his position and success, for first and foremost, his job is to manage the football program and win games...not to speak in any way as to appear to represent the University's positions on various topics.

What we are witnessing is a media attempt to goad opinions from Dabo, which will then be dissected and placed under opiniated scrutiny to create what journalists used to call "good copy." The fact is the media does not care what his opinions are; they know the reporting will create the clicks.

I am comfortable with Dabo and his staff dealing with each other and our players in-house with Dabo deferring his opinions "upstairs"...that is, to the CU administration. I am also comfortable with the administration responding to the media thereby relieving Dabo of any necessity to do so.

And, my good Friend, I am equally more comfortable with the media members trying to create controversy being told to direct inquiries to the Director of Athletics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning, interestingly enough, during my

Jun 7, 2020, 8:17 AM

POST OF THE DECADE!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning, interestingly enough, during my

Jun 8, 2020, 6:37 AM

Thank you very much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was a very good retort...

Jun 7, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Good morning, interestingly enough, during my ]

Can I agree with both you and the OP? Is this allowed even?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This was a very good retort...

Jun 8, 2020, 6:38 AM

Thank you very much.

Jun 7, 2020, 6:41 AM

What exactly is it that you think Dabo should do or say to the public ? Is he not making statements that Every other Coach has made? because I can’t find anything where 95% of the others have said a word .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 6:42 AM

Dabo broke his no transfers accepted rule to take a beloved Clemson player‘s son as a walk-on. After he had to kick the same kid off of the team, he made sure that the young man was given a job. Dabo practices what he preaches and does not owe anyone a public explanation on anything. He is too busy taking care of his team. Part of that care is addressing the current situation with his team and advisors. Dabo’s beloved mentor is an African American man who I feel is guiding Dabo through all of this. Dabo has always said that at Clemson Best is the standard. I believe at some point we will learn that our team has done something together and will set the standard for the rest of the country.

Jun 7, 2020, 7:31 AM

Just let the man do his job. He is the best in the business, so I certainly have no basis to tell him how to do it correctly.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Or is there any chance that you have no idea what's really

Jun 7, 2020, 7:37 AM

going on?

Re: Or is there any chance that you have no idea what's really

Jun 7, 2020, 7:42 AM

That's it. Ya got me. I've been living in a cave for 58 years.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

you would think after 58 years

Jun 7, 2020, 9:03 AM

you could follow a thread on a message board ;)

ps he wasn't talking to you

Jun 7, 2020, 7:44 AM

He says what he believes and is confident. He a great person. He doesn't need to be perfect. He is a pretty impressive person though. In this PC world someone will always find something wrong with him. I haven't noticed anything but good with him though.

Dabo is a football coach - he should not be expected to

Jun 7, 2020, 7:45 AM

give his opinions about anything other than football .If he was the coach of any team other than Clemson, I wouldn't care one bit about what he thinks about any topic including football. If Clemson wasn't at the top of college football the media wouldn't care either - they just can't wait to break the news if he makes one poorly worded statement. That's the way they make their money and get attention

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is a football coach - he should not be expected to

Jun 7, 2020, 9:33 AM

Agreed.
Dabo is not a politician. He is a football coach which includes being a mentor for young men.
Every word he states in public is scrutinized. Choosing one word improperly or one thought not articulated to suit this politically correct obsessed world is picked apart and used against him.
The man has done so much for the young lives whose hands he has been given the responsibility to impact. No one is perfect, let's not look for what he hasn't done or hasn't said to suit your ideology but for what he has accomplished in making the lives of all colors more prepared for being good members of society.
We all make mistakes, poor decisions and don't always say things we should have in hindsight! For the good of all, GIVE THE MAN A BREAK!
He's not your representative in public office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 7:52 AM

uproar84® said:

This will be an unpopular opinion on here, obviously, but look at this situation objectively and ask yourself: “Should Dabo be doing more?”

Here's my answer to the question posed: NO. No one, especially an unelected official, should be forced by the media or anybody else to become a woke spokesman.

Let's be honest, this isn't about Dabo and his views on race (any thinking human being knows that Dabo is not a racist and loves all people). This is about the woke mob forcing as many "popular" people as they can into showing support for their woke movement which is overwhelmingly leftist (and Marxist) in its origins and agenda. The more folks the woke mob can force into public statements of supporting the "movement" the easier it is to force their agenda on those of us with very little voice.

Opposing racism, believing that we are all God's children, believing that black human lives matter and loving your fellow man is not enough - you must submit to the ideology of the "movement". It just so happens that most of the "movements" ideological solutions would result in individual liberty being subjugated to the very types of Government tyranny they claim to hate.

Good Lord I will be happy once football starts and all this irrelevant gnashing of teeth over one's demonstrated wokeness will go away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 9:10 AM

Amen...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 8:06 AM

It’s nice to see the responses to this actually make sense. BLM is a Marxist organization like so many others that are receiving praise. There’s such a rush to run with the stampeding herd instead of thinking for yourself running your own path. ESPN seems to be full of the mindless accusations lately. Glad to see TigerNet hasn’t totally fallen to that.

Jun 7, 2020, 8:46 AM

Based on your comments about people moving and it not being an act Of God makes me believe that you shouldn’t even touch that subject. When you are a God fearing individual, you believe that God has His hands in everything.......all knowing man.....there are no accidents Although there are many thing on this earth not of God they will ultimately end up glorifying Him........if Dabo was to lose his job because of that......I’ll respect him even more. Herman Edwards spoke a few years ago about something similar and basically said that he’s find another job if he ever had to make a choice.......... I get people’s concerns for what a Dabo “should”, but I’m just glad that he’s the same person we hired back in 08.

uproar do me a favor.

Jun 7, 2020, 9:01 AM

Shove this racist post straight up your ###.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Thoughts on Dab- anyone smell chicken?***

Jun 7, 2020, 9:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo does not have his speeches written by a PR guy

Jun 7, 2020, 9:16 AM

Like most of these coaches. Everyone is clapping at some of the speeches these coaches are making. Problem is they didn't actually write the speech. Dabo doesn't do that. You can make an argument that maybe he should but he feels people deserve to truly know what he feels. Today it's all about looking good and catchy catch phrases. That doesn't solve anything. Prayer and unity will.

Dabo does more for his player, black and white, than

Jun 7, 2020, 9:17 AM

any coach in America. But yet it's still not enough for you

coot.

last time I looked

Jun 7, 2020, 9:22 AM

we have some white kids on our team as well. and are you assuming the Clemson fanbase is just a bunch of narrow-minded hicks, who cant tolerate anything progressive? Because thats what it sounded like.

dude, get lost. you're an idiot***

Jun 7, 2020, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He does more than You I’m sure***

Jun 7, 2020, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Progressivism is cancer. This post is ########.***

Jun 7, 2020, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you mean all progressivism?

Jun 7, 2020, 10:28 AM

Kind of a myopic view of the world, aye?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Political progressivism is cancer.***

Jun 7, 2020, 10:41 AM

Re: Political progressivism is cancer.***

Jun 7, 2020, 10:46 AM

Ok, that's at least a little better.

All political progressivism? I promise I am not trolling you.

Yes all of it. It is a house built on sand. Attempts to

Jun 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

correct mistakes. When all mistakes are corrected, new mistakes are created.

Re: Yes all of it. It is a house built on sand. Attempts to

Jun 7, 2020, 9:12 PM

Well in the late 50's and early 60's when school segregation (a progressive political movement) was building on a house of sand, what happened to the house?

You said all of it....so this is fair, no?

Jun 7, 2020, 10:30 AM

He did address it 3 years ago. Just don’t get it. Football team is like family. It was handled internally within the team. The teammate said it was handled correctly and was satisfied with how it was handled. Why does the coach owe the public a response? People just want drama?

Jun 7, 2020, 10:35 AM

Or C. He’s smart. Staying out of politics and political correctness is a wise, smart move.

Hahaha, you guys are a bunch of snowflakes...

Jun 7, 2020, 10:44 AM

...and mostly ignorant and simple ones at that.

With all due respect

Jun 7, 2020, 10:48 AM

you need to get a freaking clue.

Dabo does a lot for the black players he recruits and coaches, such as:

1. He shows them what hard work will get you, despite challenges you might face growing up.
2. He shows them honesty by honoring his scholarship to them.
3. He shows them what a male role model looks like, even though some of them have never seen one.
4. He provides them a way out of a circumstance that might be holding them back.
5. He makes sure they go to class get a great education.
6. He makes sure they stay out of trouble.
7. He makes sure they graduate.
8. He makes sure they have a plan for their future, whether that includes football or not.
9. He continues to support them after they are finished at Clemson.

Of course, he does this for all of his players, regardless of their race. But since we are talking about black student-athletes, who are more likely than white student-athletes to grow up in lower socioeconomic strata, without a father figure, and exposed to more crime, Dabo’s leadership is even more important.

The bottom line is that if Dabo were black, the media would be praising him for molding young black men into productive members of society. But because he’s white, and a Southerner and a Christian at that, he’s assumed to be racist who doesn’t understand or do enough about the racism issue. As you should know, that’s complete and utter B.S.

Nothing Dabo can say will change the closed minds and hearts of those who have an agenda to divide us along racial lines. If he had made a statement like you and they request, it would’ve been dissected and picked apart and criticized for something. He’s a smart man to handle it the way he has.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Well said.

Jun 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

Simple people name call.

But did Dabo parade around in a pointless protest

Jun 7, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to With all due respect ]

to show he cares for all the cameras to see?

Didn’t think so. According to the masses, this negates every positive thing Dabo has ever done.

Re: But did Dabo parade around in a pointless protest

Jun 7, 2020, 11:01 AM

Come on, Doctor. That’s not the point of a protest. A protest is to show solidarity with a community or a cause. A lot of coaches have done that. Dabo has not.

What’s the point of the protests? So there was

Jun 7, 2020, 11:07 AM

a racist cop who committed a hate filled murder? That cop is being prosecuted. Justice will be served.

I see nothing but attention seeking and virtue signaling. People who think they’re protesting segregation in 1962 or something. In two weeks all will be forgotten. Except the people who lost their homes and businesses to the looting.

Re: What’s the point of the protests? So there was

Jun 7, 2020, 11:19 AM

Wow. You truly don’t get it. Amazing.

I asked you to help me understand.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:20 AM

I’m listening

Re: With all due respect

Jun 7, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to With all due respect ]

The irony is that you’re the one without a clue. You’re so blinded by your loyalty that you don’t even understand what’s happening in the world. The Black community is facing a crisis and Dabo is tone-deaf and failing to act in any significant way. That’s what the rest of the country is seeing and blind loyalists like your yourself refuse to acknowledge.

Get a clue.

How am I a blind loyalist for pointing out the significant things

Jun 7, 2020, 11:04 AM

Dabo does for a team full of mostly black players every day?

He has played a huge role in giving young black men and their families a life-changing opportunity through football.

Why can you not acknowledge that?

If people want true progress, then Dabo is a shining example of that. If people just want sound bites and “public statements,” then I question their motives. Talk is cheap. Dabo walks the walk. But as I said before, he doesn’t get credit for that because he’s a white Southern Christian - a group that supposedlu doesn’t care about minorities.

Proverbs 16:18

Re: How am I a blind loyalist for pointing out the significant things

Jun 7, 2020, 11:10 AM

I acknowledged that in my original post. Because of his position as a coach and mentor, don’t you think he has a responsibility to be a stronger voice and advocate for change as it relates to this issue? An issue that effects his, what, 60 black players, in a profound way? Seems like a no-brainer to me...but obviously I’m just completely off the reservation on this one. It’s all the Dabo worshippers that are spot-on.

His job is to mentor young men. He does that well.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:17 AM

Have you pestered the shift manager at ______ who has influence over 60 black employees and what they did or didn’t do to signal their virtue as well?

You’re on the wrong side of this one. Simply for your refusal to acknowledge what Coach Swinney has accomplished off the field. Take your bickering to Reddit. Those shills will love it.

Re: How am I a blind loyalist for pointing out the significant things

Jun 7, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Re: How am I a blind loyalist for pointing out the significant things ]

My theory is your account got hacked by a coot.
That or the syphilis has officially gnawed away your brains’ reasoning ability.

It’s simple really. Had Coach Swinney stood outside

Jun 7, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to How am I a blind loyalist for pointing out the significant things ]

(saying nothing, holding nothing, doing nothing) in the heat, that one action alone would have done more for the black community than any scholarship, football opportunity, helping hand, job offer, second chance, ANYTHING he’s ever done before.

Here’s your real hero, folks:

Crisis indeed.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: With all due respect ]

Black on black crime
Drop out rates / education levels
Gangs
Drugs
Fatherless homes
Poverty cycles

How can I help those issues? Take to the streets? No, I support Dabo Swinney and his Paw Journey program.

Re: Crisis indeed.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:49 AM

I agree. Outstanding Post!

Or He Doesn't Live His Life to Please The Media And Shallow

Jun 7, 2020, 11:15 AM

Pandering Weak Fans who don't understand the difference between window dressing and living faith. It's pretty sad that folks post stuff like this and try to act all amazed and like they are doing the world a favor. Dabo has done more for the destruction of racism than likely this whole board combined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2020, 11:25 AM

No, are you a starry eyed 10 year old who looks to influential sports figures for the answers to ?'s about: science, politics, foreign relations, etc. ? (Progressive> OXYMORON)

Wrong!

Jun 7, 2020, 11:28 AM

Pretty sad post.

Dabo is a man that treats everyone the same. He actually has beliefs and convictions. Rather than checking the ay the wind blows, on issues of the day he speaks his mind. Not what you mob mentality think he should say. His job is to educate young men into being great men. This he does. Why do you want him to do more than that? He has positively impacted thousands of young men. What have you done?

This is like the mob movement group. No matter what is said, it is never quite right. Oh, he should have stated it differently. He should have been for compensation (I agree with him here), no he should have done this or that.

No, he should continue to lead men into great men. He should support and push these men into greatness.

Quit being a tool.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:49 AM

Well how much do you expect from Dabo and why should you expect more from him than others in the profession? Just how much is enough? For some people there will never be enough no matter what is done or how much is done. Protesters have stated that numerous times on tv.

Dabo’s the real deal. Not a racist bone in his body.

Jun 7, 2020, 11:53 AM

Nobody in the profession cares more for his players and coaches, regardless of race or religion. He also understands that there is nuance in these issues and chooses not to be an
Empty suit spouting whatever a consultant tells him is safest. I will take that, and the good and bad results, every day, over a coach who says what he thinks he’s supposed to say.

null

uproar, I answered respectfully before reading the thread

Jun 7, 2020, 12:16 PM

but I can honestly say I’m offended by your ignorance. To have paid attention to Dabo and Clemson for more than 15 minutes and then to imply that he’s better March with BLM or we have to assume that he doesn’t support the black
Community is the height of willful ignorance. I think you are the one who needs to give this issue more thought.

null

This is...

Jun 7, 2020, 12:26 PM

one of the dumbest posts I've seen here in a long while...congrats.

Message was edited by: Tater-Bug®

Jun 7, 2020, 12:42 PM

Dumbest thing I’ve ever read. What makes Dabo so special is because he is who he is and doesn’t care what others think. You want him to cater to the media and nation because that’s what everybody does and change who he is. NO NO and NO. That’s exactly what’s wrong with this nation. Too many phonies who care more about what everybody else thinks and they live their life being fake instead of standing up for what they believe in. The day he is forced to do that is the day he’ll walk away and I won’t blame him one bit. I’d hate to see it but I wouldn’t be mad at him.

TO #### WITH 'PROGRESSIVE'!

Jun 7, 2022, 8:51 PM

What a dumb@ss word used by dumb@ss people.

ARE YOU BLIND????!!!!!

Jun 7, 2020, 2:55 PM

ARE YOU BLIND TO ALL THAT DABO HAS DONE FOR HIS PLAYERS???!!!
The love he shows them in every facet of their life, not just football, is exactly what black people are asking for and this explains why he recruits so well. Dabo has created a program that honors these young men for who they are, not what they can do for him. He has always said his first priority is to shape these young men for good and for their future. No other coach in the history of Clemson or any other football team I've ever heard of has created this kind of atmosphere. Talk is cheap. Dabo has lived and acted out his philosophy of love one another. His actions speak louder than any statement any PR department could ever hope to put out for appearances only. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Jun 7, 2020, 3:23 PM

Would Dabo burning down a few buildings on campus, or perhaps tearing down a statue or two, be "progressive" enough for you? Maybe if he said all police suck and we should defund all of them? So many great ideas coming from the "progressive" side these days its probably hard for him to pick just one.

You just summed up the biggest issue in this Country...

Jun 7, 2020, 3:28 PM

"This is not the first instance of Dabo failing to deliver the right message".

RIGHT message? I think you mean, YOUR message. So much of what's going on is a matter of personal experience and perspective. Just bc his opinion is different doesnt make it wrong.

People wanna get mad at Dabo for not delivering. He is, its just not the same agenda everyone else is pushing.

Just another perfect example of how everyone wants freedom of speech, but dont want to let others speak freely.

Jun 7, 2020, 3:38 PM

Hey Uproar. Just out of curiosity, what are you doing to help this situation?

Dabo is simply not stepping into the trap that the Libtards

Jun 7, 2020, 5:24 PM

have set for him. If he were to set foot out the door for a protest, and it degenerated into a riot, then you, and all the rest of the liberal media in this country would be calling for his head on a stick, and his immediate firing.

Dabo lets the results of his program, on and off the field, speak for him. The way he is molding young men WILL have a huge eventual POSITIVE influence on the society of this country. It may take a couple decades to fully see the results, once his former players have achieved enough material success to become agents of change.

"Social" media, to me, today, is a crock. It it dominated by sensationalistic "look at me" moments, showing only the worst of the human race, and does nothing to truly effect righteous change in this, or any other country. And, unfortunately, the liberal media in this country has devolved into the exact same thing. George Floyd's death was a senseless tragedy, and I hope and pray that those police officers responsible will be prosecuted, convicted, and sentenced to the fullest terms allowed by law. I also hope and pray for the exact same results for those idiots out there looting and rioting at the present time. You, and all the other social media mongers out there need to try to deal with that, instead of clamoring for our football coach to speak out and become the leader of the country, instead of our football program. We have elected officials who are supposed to be doing just that, and, other than the President, they seem to be shirking those responsibilities at every turn, using this as yet the latest in the so, so boring narrative that WHATEVER President Trump does is automatically wrong.

Jun 7, 2020, 8:43 PM

Just like all these idiots looting and destroying their own hoods and harming innocent people .
The players trying to bring Dabo down are flashes in the pan that after HS found out life takes hard work , can’t have everything given to you. Instead of being thankful for a rare opportunity to play football at Clemson and take advantage of the platform they will be useless.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic