Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on Chase Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Thoughts on Chase Brice

Jan 17, 2019, 12:12 PM

What are your thoughts on his role in the Syracuse game?

I've heard many people say he was the savior of Clemson's perfect season and that he led Clemson over Syracuse.

The way I remember is that the o-line, Travis and company saved that game (not to mention the defense only giving up 7 in the 2nd half). After Chase came in late the the 2nd quarter, we only threw it 13 times for 83 yards, 0 TDs and 1 interception. We ran it 32 times for 213 yards and 3 TDs.

Chase had the clutch 4th down conversion to save the season, I'll give him that. But the running backs and the big uglys moved the ball to win the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m with the “savior of the season” crowd***

Jan 17, 2019, 12:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Chase Brice

Jan 17, 2019, 12:22 PM

He was , spectacular, given the circunstances and gravity of the situation. Considering his lack of important snaps to that point, he showed me a lot with poise, execution , and ability. He made a clutch, game/ season saving throw on 4th down that was a veteran type play . So yes, I think he saved the game and probably the season with that performance. I'm not sure , if we lose to Syracuse , that we get into the CFP .

we would have gotten in w a L to cuse

Jan 17, 2019, 12:39 PM

At 3-4. And same result. Natty

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we would have gotten in w a L to cuse

Jan 17, 2019, 1:27 PM

No chance. We wouldn’t have made ACC championship game. Final four would have been Alabama ND Oklahoma and Ohio State without any debate.

He didn't win us the game by any means, but he went from 3rd

Jan 17, 2019, 12:24 PM

string the week before to being thrown into the fire with us already trailing in the game. Most guys in that situation would've lost the game for their teams and he didn't.

"He didn't win us the game?"

Jan 17, 2019, 12:28 PM

Yes he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoC7_AL33s0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yes he did.***

Jan 17, 2019, 12:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Umm, no.***

Jan 17, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to "He didn't win us the game?" ]

I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.***

Jan 17, 2019, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Who did then?***

Jan 17, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Umm, no.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Etienne / OL

Jan 17, 2019, 12:37 PM

I'm not trying to bash Chase Brice here. He was "fine" which is better than pretty much any other 3rd stringer in the country coming in cold would've been in that game. It was an admirable performance and he made a great throw on 4th down.

Fair enough. Football is a team sport.

Jan 17, 2019, 12:46 PM

And I think CB was the leader/hero of the day.

If he doesn’t thread that pass to Higgins on 4th down, it’s

Jan 17, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Etienne / OL ]

... all over.

That one play saved the game without question.

If we turn the ball over on downs at that juncture, ETN and the OL would have made no difference.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Game.Set.Match!

Jan 17, 2019, 3:14 PM

#Checkmate!

Re: He didn't win us the game by any means, but he went from 3rd

Jan 17, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to He didn't win us the game by any means, but he went from 3rd ]

Not to discredit Chase Brice in anyway at all. While technically that far down the depth chart, anyone that follows recruiting and read the Spring/Fall practice reports wasn't all that shocked by this. CB was a top 80 recurite overall or something like that. He is a great QB prospect that at just about any other school would be the starter. He is talented and groomed at 7A Georgia HS football. He is the second best QB in the state and that includes both Chosen QBs at U of SC in the five head and cali kid. CB is light years better.

Re: He didn't win us the game by any means, but he went from 3rd

Jan 17, 2019, 1:12 PM

Pulldickski and five head.

4th and 6...ON THE MONEY. And then

Jan 17, 2019, 12:27 PM

the scramble to get Clemson into the red zone!

CB was the hero of the day.

The best Bricee that has ever played at CLEMSON, but LEE is a close second!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quarterbacks do more than throw.

Jan 17, 2019, 12:30 PM

If he graduates early , he's going to be a VERY HOT COMMODITY!!

Jan 17, 2019, 12:37 PM

I'd hate to think about it , but AL, OK, UGA and ND could all be looking for a QB for 2020. He would have 2 years of eligibility left and 3 years experience in one of the best developmental programs in the country!! Just sayin!

I'll just put it this way

Jan 17, 2019, 12:43 PM

Do you remember Zerrick Cooper against Syracuse in 2017?

He should have played a lot sooner***

Jan 17, 2019, 12:47 PM

Oddly enough, Cooper and Brices number in those two games

Jan 17, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to I'll just put it this way ]

are pretty similar. It certainly felt like Brice had a better handle on the game though.

Re: Oddly enough, Cooper and Brices number in those two games

Jan 17, 2019, 1:59 PM

Mental toughness. That was the difference. Brice had it, Cooper did not.

Re: I'll just put it this way

Jan 17, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I'll just put it this way ]

tokillagamecock® That should seal the discussion right there. One example was handled great the other was not so great! And in that situation; I believe we knew going in KB was hurt right? So, we pretty much knew from the beginning of the game. CB had to come off the bench cold!

And I disagree - I can't see how we would have still gotten in w/loss to cuse. Not if Georgia had people thinking they should have gotten in over an undefeated ND team. I mean, some of the most influential people in the sport felt that way. If we had a loss especially with the ACC being perceived as down as it was - we don't get in. Georgia does(wrongfully i.m.o b/c we would not have been blown out). Think back to the Georgia fans and how convincing they sounded b/c at the time: "they had almost beaten the greatest team in the sports history"! So the committee would have said, "best 4 teams" argument!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 12:46 PM

Interesting thoughts CU_16... But I think yes - yes he did - win the game for us. Always thought the QB is the most important player on offense as every play goes thru him. IMHO Chase handled the ball and the situation superbly. He kept the O going with passing, running and play execution.....,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

He orcherstrated our most important game! Hero!

Jan 17, 2019, 12:48 PM

Syracuse did not lose to any other division opponent; I don't think! Which means they would have gone to the championship game. Which means we would not have had the opportunity to stomp a mud hole in the crimson elephant.
CB poise under the circumstances preserved our season; so to me no argument exist about him being a hero or savior of our season!
J.M.O though! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He orcherstrated our most important game! Hero!

Jan 17, 2019, 1:07 PM

Chase was our second best QB all along. If he stays at Clemson, he'll be an early round draft choice. A starter at virtually any other other D-1 school, but I don't think that staying on the national championship team will hurt his NFL prospects at all.

To me, Chase is the hero of that game.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:00 PM

It’s a team sport so no one ever deserves all the credit, but to start the season as a third stringer, finish the week at second stringer and then be thrown into a game down by two possessions and lead the team to victory, including a great 4th down pass, is remarkable. But yes, we also leaned heavily on the running backs in the second half.

null

This is how i picture Kelly Bryant on that 4th and 6

Jan 17, 2019, 1:05 PM

You know he wanted us to lose that game so bad.

Re: This is how i picture Kelly Bryant on that 4th and 6

Jan 17, 2019, 1:11 PM

I wish KB the best in his endeavors at Missouri. His problem at Clemson was that he was a pretty good QB playing on a team with two great QB's.

Of course the OL and ETN should get some credit

Jan 17, 2019, 1:08 PM

but because of the situation and the pressure he was under, and the clutch play he made, he deserves the honorable mentions he has received.

He works his butt of and shows up every day knowing he will probably not play. And then a situation comes up where he is needed and he performs brilliantly. Give him the props!

Re: Of course the OL and ETN should get some credit

Jan 17, 2019, 1:12 PM

Amen. Great player! Some NFL team is going to get an incredible bargain!

There are no stats for MOJO!!!

Jan 17, 2019, 1:21 PM

Chase Brice has a full tank and more! He did win us that game! We can argue semantics all day long. Oline play and ETN were outstanding, but without a capable qb to handoff, playaction, and throw completitions we lose.In the end Chase deservedly was the hero of the Syracuse game! No question!

Re: There are no stats for MOJO!!!

Jan 17, 2019, 1:37 PM

Not only did he win that game, he has looked good in every game that he has entered since then even though he is playing with second and there team players

Jan 17, 2019, 1:47 PM

Brice was terrific vs Cuse. He made the handoffs, he had the confidence to win, his performance inspired the team. Late he made the big throw and the big qb keeper to set the pace and lead the team to victory. After he carried several Cuse guys on his back for 5 yards no one had any doubts we would win. Brice was player of the game.

In several other games he led backup players to TDs and made it clear that the next man up, any and every next man up could and would play a winning role.

Brice was great in our run to the title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 1:47 PM

Brice was terrific vs Cuse. He made the handoffs, he had the confidence to win, his performance inspired the team. Late he made the big throw and the big qb keeper to set the pace and lead the team to victory. After he carried several Cuse guys on his back for 5 yards no one had any doubts we would win. Brice was player of the game.

In several other games he led backup players to TDs and made it clear that the next man up, any and every next man up could and would play a winning role.

Brice was great in our run to the title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2019, 3:09 PM

Can’t disagree with that but none of the comeback matters if the D didn’t shut Cuse down. We gave them a TD on a fumbled punt return and one other drive but if they moved it like in 2017 at the A/C building we couldn’t have scored enough relying so heavily on the running game.

Jan 17, 2019, 4:00 PM

He came in and we won the game. I don't have a crystal ball to answer the what ifs.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic