Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't

Jan 12, 2018, 2:49 PM

Experience any Growing Pains this year are sorely mistaken. There's no doubt he's going to make some mistakes along the way, at least in my mind. They may not cause us to lose a ballgame (because that Dabo won't put him in a situation like that) but they're going to happen.
I predict Lawrence will get some significant playing time,probably twice as much as our other backups got this year but I seriously doubt he'll get more than that.
I still say Hunter Johnson is the one to look out for, at least in the short-term.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't

Jan 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

I would say that only the coaches will know the answer to that riddle and then we can argue,fuss,moan ,groan and any other things you wish to and it won’t make one doodle of a matter what you and I think.The end

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you just summed up tnet***

Jan 12, 2018, 3:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

That's irrelevant

Jan 12, 2018, 3:20 PM

EVERYBODY makes mistakes, including our RS Junior QB this year.

I have no idea why you don't think Dabo would put him (although you said "them", as in plural, so maybe you're talking about others as well) in a position to lose a game?? Of course Dabo will; he has to. At QB, you are always in that position, just like you're in a position to win games.

TL has the highest ceiling I have ever seen a HS QB that has come to Clemson. He has every physical tool imaginable, has exception football IQ, processes information at a high rate, tremendous character, dedicated and hard-working. I think we have many QB's that have some or most of these traits but, from what I have seen so far, TL has without a doubt, the highest ceiling of any of our excellent QB's. Frankly, I don't think it is arguable but that doesn't mean he will or should start.

He will have to turn all those gifts into production on the field but I for one, will be stunned if he doesn't, assuming he gets the chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many analysts have said he's the best they've in decades,

Jan 12, 2018, 4:03 PM

not just this year.

After Spring and Summer he ought to be good to go. Not perfect. But good to go.

Re: That's irrelevant

Jan 13, 2018, 7:06 PM [ in reply to That's irrelevant ]

All your points are valid but the odds are he won't start from day one. I'm just asking people to prepare themselves for that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he will feel growing pains

Jan 12, 2018, 3:20 PM

He is already 6'6". If he grows any taller, he might be kidnapped by Heather Sandwich.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Sammitch***

Jan 12, 2018, 8:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sammich...***

Jan 13, 2018, 1:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 3:29 PM

I see this playing out like most of us think it will. KB will start the season but I see ya struggling on offense in the a&m game and TL will replace him to spread the field out better the second half. The second half a clemson legend will be born. I would say heisman but we all know that no Clemson players display the qualities of a heisman player.(bad character, non humble, lead your team to multiple loses, etc...)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 3:55 PM

If Clemson was to get an actual John Heisman Clone on our FB team, the cloest he would get to winning the Heisman would be an invite to NY!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 1:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't ]

I realize this is besides the point but struggling against the A&M defense that gave up over fifty points and I think almost 700 yards to Wake. I know they have a new DC but that's not going to get turned around in two games.

Jan 12, 2018, 3:50 PM

Has there ever been a QB at any level that didn't or don't make mistakes. I haven't personally seen one of those as of yet!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 5:30 PM

Chase Brice I'm feeling good about him I think he makes it all interesting.

Bryce sounds intriguing - but not for Clemson P.T.

Jan 13, 2018, 12:23 AM

Bryce sounds like Case Keenum behind Tyrod Taylor, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in that order ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bryce sounds intriguing - but not for Clemson P.T.

Jan 13, 2018, 1:43 AM

And none that you have mention has ever been mistake free.

Jan 13, 2018, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't ]

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if Trevor Lawrence doesn't hit the ground running as fast and as hard as everybody on here seems to think he will.

Jan 12, 2018, 11:33 PM

Are you talking about mistakes like throwing an incomplete pass?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2018, 11:48 PM

Yeah you can't blame TL if the guy on the other end doesn't do his part.

Jan 12, 2018, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't ]

Yeah you can't blame TL if the guy on the other end doesn't do his part.

Jan 13, 2018, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't ]

TL will throw Ints as long as he a QB, maybe not as many as some but he will throw them!!!

Jan 13, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Those that believe Trevor Lawrence won't ]

I'm saying be prepared if he doesn't play All Pro Caliber from the first snap. A lot of people on here going to be crushed if he doesn't.

Jan 12, 2018, 11:57 PM

He threw an interception this past season . I bet you're right , he'll need to improve on his 47/1 touchdown to Interception ratio to earn my trust as the future of our program .
Here's hoping he will learn the playbook and be humble , the way an interception machine should be .

DB23

Good grief, I can't believe we took such a scrub.***

Jan 13, 2018, 8:23 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2018, 12:08 AM

This reminds me of the Hunter Johnson talk last year.

Looks like the dye is cast

Jan 13, 2018, 12:28 AM

HJ was not given an opportunity to compete in 2016, now with TL coming in and KB hanging around, HJ must be hearing from coaches that P.T. is coming or he would be/should be moving on like Jacob Eason ... hard to figure. Clemson is heaven but no worth giving up NFL career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the dye is cast

Oct 1, 2022, 2:59 PM

I really doubt HJ was not given an opportunity to compete. I'll trust the coaching staff on this one when they say KB earned the starting job in camp and practice, and he was pretty good in games too (especially for a first-year starter).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic