Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This morning Plyler said that if Jawja beat LSU for the SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

This morning Plyler said that if Jawja beat LSU for the SEC

Nov 13, 2019, 10:54 AM

championship, then LSU should be out (even if they were a 1-loss team). He then went on to say even if Jawja had two losses---to a really bad SCU team and a mediocre Allbarn team----they should be in.

Did anyone else hear that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

The winner of the $EC Championship game will be in...

Nov 13, 2019, 11:00 AM

even if that's a two loss Georgia team.

The loser will be out IMO.

Although, it would be funny as he!! to see a two-loss Georgia win the $EC Championship and still get left out of the CFP in favor of a one-loss champion from another conference (i.e., Oklahoma or Oregon).

The media meltdown for not having an $EC team in the CFP would be so entertaining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The winner of the $EC Championship game will be in...

Nov 13, 2019, 11:04 AM

My thinking was an unbeaten Baylor team, 1-loss Utah/Nike team or a 1-loss Oklahoma team should be in over Jawja......I can't possibly justify (in my own head) them getting in after losing to the coots at home. No.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

They're getting a lot of mileage...

Nov 13, 2019, 11:07 AM

out of beating an overrated Florida team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're getting a lot of mileage...

Nov 13, 2019, 12:32 PM

This ??

Also for my $ the big 10 is over rated but what they do have is a lot of eyes on tvs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: The winner of the $EC Championship game will be in... ]

My thinking was an unbeaten Baylor team, 1-loss Utah/Nike team or a 1-loss Oklahoma team should be in over Jawja......I can't possibly justify (in my own head) them getting in after losing to the coots at home. No.

If Georgia, with 2 losses, beats LSU, then Baylor or Oklahoma should knock the SEC out of the playoffs all together. That's if Baylor is 13-0 or 12-1 with a conference championship or an Oklahoma team that is 12-1 and BIG 12 champions.

A one loss SEC champion Georgia would get in over any of conference's 1 loss champion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to The winner of the $EC Championship game will be in... ]

if that was to happen , it would be the first time a 2 loss champion(or any 2 loss team) got in the playoffs. Lsu would get the nod at 4 before Georgia I believe,,if Georgia went in as a 2 loss team and won, it would cause this committee more grief than you ever saw..

Re: This morning Plyler said that if Jawja beat LSU for the SEC

Nov 13, 2019, 11:00 AM

Just put Fla in the CFP. They are consistently the most overrated team. let them have their chance and get boat raced. Then we can all move on

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's pretty much what happened to Notre Dame last year***

Nov 13, 2019, 11:01 AM

I don't say this very often, might want to mark it down, but

Nov 13, 2019, 11:02 AM

Mickey is right...The SEC winner is in and the loser of a CCG is OUT in a 4 team format

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not sure I have ever witnessed a time when

Mr. Plyler has been wrong. He produces some of the most insightful, articulate and accurate content in all of sports journalism. So it goes without saying that anytime you have disagreed with Mr. Plyler in the past, you have obviously been wrong.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

let the record show, I was right about the Prayer List***

Nov 13, 2019, 11:06 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, it raises the question...why has Mr. Plyler not

Nov 13, 2019, 11:10 AM

published one of his tnet blogs since October 1st? He must be doing extensive research and preparation for his next blog post. Hopefully the Pulitzer prize people are standing by their computers, because we might be about to witness the greatest blog post ever written.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don't say this very often, might want to mark it down, but

Nov 13, 2019, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I don't say this very often, might want to mark it down, but ]

CM - If Georgia loses to AU and still makes the SECCG ... and wins ... they are out, even if everyone else wins out. If that's the case a one loss LSU would probably make it in over Georgia and with two losses, unless the world falls apart ...

Sounds like Mickey has bought into the Pall Finebum

model for ridiculous ANALysis...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

That's modest compared to his male sack***

Nov 13, 2019, 11:12 AM

I'm sure it was just a grammatical error.

Nov 13, 2019, 11:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

You talkin about the Mickey and Delwin show?

Nov 13, 2019, 11:45 AM

?

LSU

Nov 13, 2019, 12:21 PM

I heard this segment on the show this morning. I believe Mickey is wrong on this matter. If LSU wins out but loses in the sec champ game they would still be in due to the resume IMO.

Mickey believes the committee does not show sec bias so they would not put 2 sec teams in the playoff. I believe the committee has never had to make a tough call like this so we do not really know what they would do.

When Bama squeaked in a few years ago as a #4 seed, Ohio State had 2 loses despite being the Big 10 champ. Last year Ohio State was left out but had a terrible 29 point loss to a very average Purdue team.

However, I do not think the committee will have to deal with this issue as I think UGA may lose to Auburn and would probably lose to LSU. Because Bama's resume does not measure up and they will nt win their conference they will be out of the playoff.

Nov 13, 2019, 12:38 PM

As a Georgia fan ... if Georgia loses to AU ... close or not ... they will be out. Talking heads will say anything for attention ... Have to use your filter, because we can always find something to complain about on the internet.

^^The Dawgs can't lose to Auburn,

Nov 13, 2019, 1:03 PM

Win the SEC, yet be chosen over a PAC-12 Oregon team that would have only one loss, that being Auburn in the final 20 seconds of the first game of the year. That just wouldn't fly...and the CFP Committee can't sell it with any credibility.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^The Dawgs can't lose to Auburn,

Nov 13, 2019, 6:54 PM

Salty55 said:

Win the SEC, yet be chosen over a PAC-12 Oregon team that would have only one loss, that being Auburn in the final 20 seconds of the first game of the year. That just wouldn't fly...and the CFP Committee can't sell it with any credibility.

“If” Georgia beats Auburn then that’s 3 quality wins for Georgia and one for Oregon.

“If” Georgia makes it to the SECCG and wins that makes 4 ... Oregon will still have one.

The committee obviously thinks that Georgia’s bad loss to SCu is mitigated by their other quality wins ... which, again Oregon only has one.

Just have to wait and see in Georgia. They have a tough road ... Clemson is on easy street and will be in the playoffs.

No sense getting bent out of shape over something that has not happened.

The real problem, in my eyes, of Alabama backdoors in the playoffs... again. Should not happen if they don’t even play in the SECCG.

The conference champ should automatically be in.

Nov 13, 2019, 2:57 PM

If you don't win your conference, thus don't make the playoff, too bad. Keep your mouth shut and try harder next year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The conference champ should automatically be in.

Nov 13, 2019, 3:04 PM

I really do not care who else is in the playoffs, as long as we are. Speculation is fun but useless. Your time would be better spent getting ready to honor the players coming down the Hill for the last time.

If it's fun, it's not useless.

Nov 13, 2019, 3:27 PM

And if you care about college football, then you should care about how the championship is determined, especially when we are or may be affected.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

True

Nov 13, 2019, 3:28 PM

and False

Nov 13, 2019, 4:05 PM

Mickey is likely right.

A 2 loss UGA as the SEC Champion isn't getting in.

A 1 loss LSU, non-SEC Champion, isn't getting in IF there's another 1 loss conference champion.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic