Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why Urban will absolutely be fired
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

This is why Urban will absolutely be fired

Aug 3, 2018, 6:16 PM

These text messages have been verified by McMurphy. And there are more of them to come.

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1025500090578939904

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why Urban will absolutely be fired

Aug 3, 2018, 6:34 PM

He’s not going anywhere by the statement I just read. He notified the school in 2015 according to the statement. I promise you the school looked over this statement. What more is he to do. With no charges being filed it makes it hard to fire him. If he reported it to the hire ups that’s all according to title 9 he was required to do. His only mistake was lying to the media two weeks ago. They won’t fire him for lying to the media. That happens all the time. He will be coaching in a few weeks

Aug 3, 2018, 6:55 PM

Urban and Ohio State are not on the same side anymore. Ohio State didn't read that statement. The only people who read it were the contract lawyers who wrote it and Urban who paid them to write it.

https://twitter.com/McCannSportsLaw/status/1025481154474979328

So why lie (repeatedly), then?

Aug 4, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: This is why Urban will absolutely be fired ]

If Urban did everything by the book, why not just say that at Media Days? Was he protecting Zack? TOSU? Because his condescending denial ultimately helped neither. IMHO, he lied thinking it was best for Urban. Also, he knew he lied, so why not go immediately to his lawyer and put out a statement the very next day, instead of waiting two weeks, hoping it would just go away?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good lord, get some self control Zach

Aug 3, 2018, 6:37 PM

I'm not sure if this will put the nail in Urban's coffin but ole Zach is going to get what's coming to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McMurphy knew Zach is a pos and would lie about it.....

Aug 3, 2018, 6:47 PM

so he gave him just enough time to do it before he released the text messages. And the fact that he says he has more to release at any time will scare the sh!t out of Ohio State. Urban is a liability to them now. They just need to figure out whether they can get out of paying him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2789421-zach-smith-says-he-never-hit-wife-urban-meyer-wasnt-really-involved-in-2015

Re: McMurphy knew Zach is a pos and would lie about it.....

Aug 3, 2018, 6:55 PM

If urban notified the ad and he did not advise to do anything, what more exactly must be be responsible for? Seems pretty cut and dry to me. If he truly notified them to be that’s it. He is in the clear. I don’t care what text messages show.

IF he notified the guy who likely does both

Aug 4, 2018, 7:51 AM

title ix compliance and employee matters dealing with potentially criminal behavior (oftentimes the same lawyer wearing two hats), he's o.k. But as with many things, the further you are up in the food chain, the more people typically cut you minimal slack for not actually knowing or following guidelines.

Re: McMurphy knew Zach is a pos and would lie about it.....

Aug 5, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: McMurphy knew Zach is a pos and would lie about it..... ]

So the AD won't cut Meyer loose to save his own neck??? Scapegoat coming?

Aug 3, 2018, 6:39 PM

Urban Meyer and Zach Smith are saying that Gene Smith was informed in 2015. The blame is being shifted to the Athletic Director.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/03/urban-meyer-zach-smiths-defense-shifts-focus-ohio-state-gene-smith/902467002/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Somebody is going to get fired.. just not sure any longer

Aug 3, 2018, 7:00 PM

if it's Meyer or Gene Smith... or possibly both.

Aug 3, 2018, 11:00 PM

Technically, it matters that Urb told the AD, but really... so what. Urb didn't fire the abuser, but should have.

Aug 5, 2018, 12:12 AM

It's not his business. if and when the person is convicted of a crime, then it's a difference story. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. A matter outside of football is just that, outside. Not his concern. . . until the guy is guilty. Then the University can make their decision.

Aug 4, 2018, 9:32 AM

I’ve got two phones. I can make a text thread that looks exactly like that. Screenshots are not proof. Phone records from Verizon are.

Aug 5, 2018, 4:53 AM

From my perspective it matters none that Urban Meyer reported his knowledge about Smith abusing his wife in 2015 . The crux is that he originally learned of this abhorrent behavior 6 years earlier and allowed that Neanderthal to stay on his staff while at UF .
They should have fired him as soon as it was known to them that he lied of said incident , but certainly after this news came out . I believe he will be let go , and I believe he should be .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic