Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is what really bothers the Coots about us winning a BCS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 3,001

This is what really bothers the Coots about us winning a BCS

Jan 6, 2014, 4:51 PM

bowl, and I say this as a Clemson fan. This was their year. They were probably the best team in the SEC this year and will finish in the top 5. They know if they had played with heart and not mailed it in against UGA and Tenn they would be playing for a National Championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"best team in the SEC " LMAO thanks***

Jan 6, 2014, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think what burns them up is that they really are the very

Jan 6, 2014, 4:54 PM

definition of the proverbial red-headed step-child. no one wants them. bowl games pass them over left and right. no one is interested in having a bunch of coots come to their town and buy up all the busch light and spit dip all over their sidewalks.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

LOL...

Jan 6, 2014, 4:57 PM

I like the 'buy up all the busch light and spit dip all over their sidewalks'....good one!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love it when coots say that everybody hates them.

Jan 6, 2014, 4:59 PM [ in reply to i think what burns them up is that they really are the very ]

The refs, anouncers, TV scheduling, SEC scheduling.....

I always say yep, everybody hates you. Not in a New England Patiots way because you are good, but in a Dallas Cowboys way because Jerry Jones is a jerk.

Re: I love it when coots say that everybody hates them.

Jan 6, 2014, 5:03 PM

Everybody hates them because most everybody hates Spurrier and his huge ego and his smart a##.

People dislike the coots because of their classless fans***

Jan 6, 2014, 5:04 PM [ in reply to I love it when coots say that everybody hates them. ]

Re: i think what burns them up is that they really are the very

Jan 6, 2014, 6:17 PM [ in reply to i think what burns them up is that they really are the very ]

which bowl passed on us? BCS couldn't pick us based on the rules for the last three years, and in 2 of those years CapOne took us with the first SEC pick. obviously they didn't want the same school 2 years in a row so outback took us with the next pick

USuC was NOT

Jan 6, 2014, 5:01 PM

the best team in the SEC. Alabama, Auburn, LSU are better. They lost to UGA when UGA was at full strength. Miracle win at Missouri. Would not beat Mizzou if they played again. And Texas A & M is better. They lost to Tennessee. Elite teams don't lose to Tennessee this year. They are pobably the sixth best team in the SEC.

Maybe sixth place rings this year?

Re: USuC was NOT

Jan 6, 2014, 6:18 PM

we will finish 6th in the COUNTRY at worst, in part thanks to Clemson.

They lost to UGA and UT because their talent is limited...

Jan 6, 2014, 5:03 PM

Spurrier has done an unbelievable coaching job, but if you compare actual talent on their team compared to the other top 10 teams all other 9 teams talent is more impressive than SCU's. You can hate Spurrier as much as you want, but he is doing an unbelievable job of getting the most out of limited talent. Take away their top 5 players and the rest of their team is average talent wise. They only have one elite player on offense in Mike Davis. If SCU had the talent they would have already won the SEC.

You're crazy! They have talent all over the field.

Jan 6, 2014, 5:38 PM

Can you imagine if Bruce Ellington, Mike Davis, and Shaq Rollin had come to Clemson?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Mike Davis is great. Ellington and Shaq Roland would have

Jan 6, 2014, 5:43 PM

Been way down the depth chart at WR. Ellington may have started over Humphries but he doesn't block, which is what Adam was out there for. Roland is a great deep threat, but Sammy and Martavius are better.

Bruce Ellington wouldn't even be playing WR at Clemson...

Jan 6, 2014, 6:02 PM [ in reply to You're crazy! They have talent all over the field. ]

So far Shaq Roland has been a bust for them and has major attitude issues. Roland got suspended for a few games, and a number of gamecock fans told me he was suspended for looking at #### on school computers. Is that the type of player you want at Clemson?

Mike Davis is the only one of those that would've played

Jan 6, 2014, 6:15 PM [ in reply to You're crazy! They have talent all over the field. ]

Maybe Ellington could've gotten more PT when Peake went down, but his numbers weren't even as good as Bryant's this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lost to UGA and UT because...

Jan 6, 2014, 6:27 PM [ in reply to They lost to UGA and UT because their talent is limited... ]

they didn't play four quarters. South Carolina has plenty of talent and depth but too often gets lazy.

Because of it, they got to see a less-lazy team they beat play in the championship game for the third straight year.

Half right. They thought this was their year because

Jan 6, 2014, 5:12 PM

they didn't have to play the best teams in the conference.

But they still couldn't handle it.

Re: This is what really bothers the Coots about us winning a BCS

Jan 6, 2014, 5:44 PM

Or the fact that after all this, we are still their DADDY!! ORANGE BOWL CHAMPIONS!

they better be glad there isnt a final BCS poll.

Jan 6, 2014, 5:59 PM

Their losses to UGA and TN and beating #19 WISC might fall light to us beating 12-1 #7 OSU and having only losses to FSU and them. The BCS don't system don't see the names of schools you lose to it only sees the teams records. We could have ended up ahead of them in a final BCS poll, especially if FSU wins big vs AUB.

Go Tigers!

well, nope they knew they wouldn't win anything

Jan 6, 2014, 6:02 PM

they never have, never will...except for some stupid made up title maybe

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They WERE the best team in the SEC this year...

Jan 6, 2014, 6:11 PM

...to lose to Tennessee.

Re: This is what really bothers the Coots about us winning a BCS

Jan 6, 2014, 6:30 PM

The Georgia loss didn't hurt near as bad as the Tennessee loss. Seems like every year there's one game that keeps us from Atlanta .... '13 Tenn, '12 Florida, '11 Auburn, hell in '10 we lost to Kentucky after beating #1 Alabama even though we did win the division that year. Win those games and we would have won our division every year but that's all woulda, shoulda, coulda which means didn't.

Personally the thing that bothers me is that Clemson got to a BCS game without a win over a ranked team while we won @ Missouri, @ Central Florida, and Clemson. But hey, you beat a top 10 team and have a Orange Bowl trophy so congratulations because for that you deserve bragging rights.

So our win of UGA doesn't count because they weren't

Jan 6, 2014, 10:24 PM

ranked at the end of the year?

What makes the rest of the country mad is that the only r

Jan 6, 2014, 10:26 PM

reason half the teams in the SEC that are ranked is because of the conference they play in.

Good but nowhere near that good***

Jan 6, 2014, 10:25 PM

UGa was # 5 OSU # 7. Bottom line is its any given day***

Jan 6, 2014, 10:28 PM

Exactly!!***

Jan 6, 2014, 10:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 3,001
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic