Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is a Pitt team that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

This is a Pitt team that

Nov 13, 2016, 2:44 PM

beat Penn St, lost by 7 at OKST, lost by 1 to UNC and 3 to VT... and they scored a ton of points in all those games

We've have been MUCH better than expected on defense the last 2 years, thanks to BV... and it finally caught up with us. The defense has won several games for us. It happens.

Not DW's fault - How soon some of you, like quozzel, forget how many times he has walked onto the field with ice water in his veins and won the game...

man up, move on, go win

all goals still there

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like York's account got hacked again

Nov 13, 2016, 2:47 PM

mn

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Looks like York's account got hacked again

Nov 13, 2016, 3:03 PM

had to. this is one of the extreme few posts I've agreed with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches Lost this Game

Nov 13, 2016, 2:56 PM

Blame the guys who get paid, not the players. If the defense sucked, it is Brent Venables' fault ( I am not talking about one player's miscue--I am talking about giving up 40+ points ). If the offense doesn't know when to run the ball and when to pass it, it is Tony Elliott's fault. I am especially blaming Tony for bad decision making re: play calls in the last 6 minutes of the game ( Pitt playing out of their butts and the refs trying to give them the game didn't help! ).

Says the Coot with a 58% pulse

Nov 13, 2016, 3:15 PM

??

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

She may or may not be. You don't know for certain.

Nov 13, 2016, 6:12 PM

Easy now.

Who would you bring in as an OC? DC?***

Nov 13, 2016, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Coaches Lost this Game ]

Re: This is a Pitt team that

Nov 13, 2016, 3:27 PM

> beat Penn St, lost by 7 at OKST, lost by 1 to UNC and
> 3 to VT... and they scored a ton of points in all
> those games

We've have been MUCH better than
> expected on defense the last 2 years, thanks to BV...
> and it finally caught up with us. The defense has
> won several games for us. It happens.

Not
> DW's fault - How soon some of you, like > class='logo-area utip' data-tipped-options="ajax: {
> data: { type: 'user', userId: '5698' } }">> class="post-username"
> href="/view/profile.do?userID=5698">quozzel
> , forget how many times he has walked onto the field
> with ice water in his veins and won the
> game...

man up, move on, go win

all
> goals still there

Oh, my. Being called out by Snowtroll.

He obviously didn't read my prior post on Pitt from last week which kind of re-iterated his exact point HERE:
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20407630

And my point wasn't that Deshaun doesn't have icewater in his veins. He absolutely does. He makes the impossible look routine. The problem is that he's been in the bad, bad habit this year of making the routine look impossible. On short fields this year, how's he been? Zero per cent. Go watch the film for yourself. Dunno what's going on, but when gifted with a short field courtesy of an INT or shanked punt or whatnot we never, ever, EVER take advantage, and Deshaun has been crazy bad. Again, not sure what the psychology is or why but it's something we need to fix down the stretch. Clearly the skills and ability are there to do better.

and lost 51-28 to Miami***

Nov 13, 2016, 3:30 PM

Re: and lost 51-28 to Miami***

Nov 13, 2016, 3:32 PM

That was actually their one bad loss of the season. Snowtown was right in that Pitt was a dangerous team that was a lot better than their record; where he was way off was acting like I wasn't saying the exact same thing myself.

Pitt was a bad matchup in a lot of ways. In particular their offensive personnel and scheme was really suited to get after us on the back end and they really did.

I would agree with you.***

Nov 13, 2016, 5:17 PM

Nov 13, 2016, 3:36 PM

Might not have been in a position for him to need ice water in his veins if he made smarter decisions earlier in the games. His ints are making the games closer than they need to be. He has to be smarter with the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 4:42 PM

What does him having ice water in his veins in some situations have to do with him making inexplicable decisions on other situations? It is possible to do one without the other.

It would be different if his ints were great plays made by defenders. Anyone can live with that, but his redzone ints are nothing but gimmes, presents for the defense. They don't even have to work for them, just line up. There's no way a qb this hyped, that is said to have relentless preparation for his opponents, that is a third year starter who is an nfl first round prospect should make these decisions. And it's not an overreaction to this game, it's been all season long, and it finally cost us a game in which we were a 95% favorite to win or whatever the percentage was.

Nov 13, 2016, 5:10 PM

They took advantage of our over pursuit on defense. That #### shovel pass killed us all game. We couldn't stop it. Watch, now every team we play will have that in the it play book. Hope we get it fixed...

That's too positive to post here. +1***

Nov 13, 2016, 5:16 PM

Amen.***

Nov 13, 2016, 5:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Pitt's good, and matched up really well with us.

Nov 13, 2016, 6:22 PM

Pre-season I thought they'd be a 2-loss team when they visited, and they nearly were in a few of those losses.

I was disappointed most with the closing 3rd and 4th down calls. DW4 is going to complete one of two short stuff for a first down - game over. None of that other stuff was working - we tried to force something on their strength to prove a point or something there it seemed. I don't know. I was disappointed there.

Win out and win in, though. Nobody's taking anything away from Alabama's recent 1-loss season national championships - that's the top prize. Shoot, the way 2016 is playing out we could wind up the #1 seed before it's all over - who knows.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic