Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This hurts as bad as any loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 876

This hurts as bad as any loss

Dec 10, 2016, 9:15 PM

Just ripped my heart out.What a joke! I Thought the trophy was about something else, like being a leader....My Bad

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the same thing. Hurt for Deshaun.***

Dec 10, 2016, 9:17 PM

Re: This hurts as bad as any loss

Dec 10, 2016, 9:19 PM

I agree. But at the end of the day it's just another trophy and we have bigger fish to fry. Have fun in the Citrus Bowl Lamar!

Nope and we all should have figured that out when...

Dec 10, 2016, 9:19 PM

they started awarding this to the likes of winston, manzell, etc. No integrity so then it became a stats trophy. They should eliminate the award and just just let the candidates know that stats will govern and - GO GET 'EM!

I bet John Heisman is rolling over in his grave over what his trophy has become. It disrespects the name...

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2016, 9:22 PM

No it doesn't. Not even close...

Dec 10, 2016, 9:46 PM

I couldn't agree more. This is nothing like a loss. Every loss rips my soul to pieces.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you. Feel the same way. Albeit it wasn't

Dec 10, 2016, 9:45 PM

..exactly like a game day, but I've been anticipating the trophy for days. I've been counting the hours until 8:00 and was convinced the alleged criteria to win this trophy was far balanced to Deshaun. When they mentioned Jackson's name, it was like we just lost.

As far as the trophy, they got it wrong. It was a sad day for the history of that trophy, and like someone else said it's now more like a ESPY award given by ESPN than it is a time-honored, valued, and cherished award given to the best player in the country.

"The outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work"

Nothing against Jackson. Very talented player. But more deserving of the Heisman Trophy? Not a chance.

I didn't think the Heismanw as for being a leader, but...

Dec 10, 2016, 9:47 PM

yeah it still hurt. Watson would have made the prefect Heisman winner. I hate seeing him not get that dream.

Replies: 7
| visibility 876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic