Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This SEC guy has Clemson's status in the state figured out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

This SEC guy has Clemson's status in the state figured out.

Jul 7, 2017, 1:12 AM

Granted, it's an article about SEC expansion and Clemson would never look to leave the ACC at this point. We have it too good as one of the big dogs and we've made the title game twice from our home in the ACC. He has Clemson way down the list of expansion candidates as well as FSU. This post is not about conference expansion, which is simply not in the best interests of Clemson or FSU. However, on the FSU page, he mentioned that they play in a tougher division now than they would be playing in the SEC.

But just look at what he says about Clemson and the state of South Carolina! Even with SEC glasses on, he nailed it.

http://allfortennessee.com/2017/04/20/sec-expansion-ranking-top-14-candidates/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This SEC guy has Clemson's status in the state figured out.

Jul 7, 2017, 2:10 AM

Good post, humorous. Interesting, Volunteer Homer, thinking back to Fulmer days. When all that SEC homer conference stuff really got ramped up, GA was a contender, AL was just getting back and LSU was winning with Les Miles, oh and this Volunteer's Fulmer. While he gives Dabo and Tigers their props, he thinks other schools can add more value? Old School thinking, ACC is the better league. Shouldn't it be who's worthy to join the ACC? That's alright, we'll just keep Dabo dominating in the ACC and recruiting SEC top talent right here. Clemson is not done Volunteer, just getting started.

Message was edited by: ATech®

You are right in that the "need of a new market" is quickly

Jul 7, 2017, 11:39 AM

becoming old school thinking. As ways of viewing go away from strictly cable and the carriage fee associated with getting a new state, it really won't matter about a new market. What will matter more is what originally mattered, and that is a large, passionate fan base. Ironically, as that comes into being, I see going to the SEC as being the last thing in the world Clemson or Florida State would want. They have it too good where they are regarding being two big dogs. South Carolina fans have even acknowledged that we are in a better spot now regarding conference home.

Now that the ACC has a network on the way, two of the last four national champions, three appearances in the last four championship games, the Notre Dame scheduling agreement, and the entire eastern seaboard, it is all good. People used to say an ACC team would have to be undefeated and still might not make the playoff, we just made it with won loss and won it all.

should be one loss, not won loss***

Jul 7, 2017, 11:54 AM

Jul 7, 2017, 6:12 AM

This helps to prove that we couldn't have done better with hiring any other coach other than Dabo for the best fit for Clemson FB. Dabo recruits and brings in only the best recruits that represents himself and Clemson to the highest of standards that matches Clemson as an academic institution where your best is the standard....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me see if I have this straight

Jul 7, 2017, 7:11 AM

This writer can not see any Kansas or Arizona teams or Texas competing in the SEC, but he knocks North Carolina lawmakers from keeping men out of ladies restrooms. He must have eyes on a position at ESPN.

So basically...

Jul 7, 2017, 7:49 AM

if the $EC decides to expand, they'll mostly look at adding some cupcakes that pose no real threat to the top teams in the league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So basically...

Jul 7, 2017, 8:46 AM

Maybe they will let Usuck join twice since they think so much of themselves. Then place them in the west also and the can dominate both divisions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2017, 8:52 AM

The bottom line: The SEC was a room full of ignorant fools when they got together and added teams like Mizzou instead of jumping all over CLEMSON and FSU. I knew they were ignorant then, and time has proved it to even the dummies that get paid a lot to make stupid decisions. The SEC is just "MORE". Ha!

They're still butthurt...

Jul 7, 2017, 9:19 AM

over FSU shunning them back in 1991 in favor of the ACC which is why the $EC ended-up getting stuck with $CU.

Talk about lowering your standards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

True,but it has worked out great for Clemson and FSU!!***

Jul 7, 2017, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: This SEC guy has Clemson's status in the state figured out. ]

11 of the 14 "Candidates" listed are current ACC Schools

Jul 7, 2017, 10:21 AM

What would be the appeal for them to leave? Academic standards in the ACC are much higher. The ACC is easily the better basketball conference. Currently, the ACC is enjoying better success in football than the SEC (with the exception of Alabama). With the positive exposure that the ACC has been receiving as of late from the success of both Clemson and FSU, as well as others, football recruiting in the ACC isn't far behind the vaunted SEC. The ACC network that is nearing it's launch will also help to improve this even further. Also, let's not forget the huge buyouts that the ACC schools would have to fork over in order to leave the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

They won't leave. They will not get any ACC schools at

Jul 7, 2017, 11:46 AM

this point. It's actually not even an issue like it was three to five years ago. The best chance they would have would be NC State and Va Tech. Neither would go. Virginia Tech would just not be able to after all the governor did to get them in the ACC, and then there's what Virginia did also. NC State, could pull a Texas A&M leaving Texas, by leaving UNC, but that is not going to happen. It would actually be good for the ACC if it did. We could replace them with West Virginia, add a contiguous state to our league and not have four teams bottled up in one state. But the SEC will not be able to pull an ACC team.Loved the part about he was saying the SEC would even take Wake Forest to get into the state of N.C.. Wow, that would be great for the ACC if they took Wake and we could replace them as I said above about NC State.

Re: 11 of the 14 "Candidates" listed are current ACC Schools

Jul 7, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to 11 of the 14 "Candidates" listed are current ACC Schools ]

Not to mention the $50,000,000 it would cost an ACC school to leave.

Much more than that now. The Grant of Rights means the

Jul 7, 2017, 10:28 PM

penalty would total much more than $50 million to the school leaving and consequently to the SEC that would not be able to use that school for profit until 2036.

Jul 7, 2017, 10:35 AM

Better question. Who from SEC Least would ACC let in? Guessing that CU, FSU, Miami And GT would only allow and welcome the coots in but would fight to make sure they came into there division. Annual headline would be: Clemson defeats coots to clinch division title.

Dare we underestimate the prestige that

Jul 7, 2017, 10:55 AM

women's basketball brings to the SEC???

What a pathetic bunch of losers athletically and academically the chickens the truly are.....and EVERYBODY else is aware of it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody look at the picture on the FSU page in the article

Jul 7, 2017, 11:49 AM

Do you see how they have their national championships so boldly listed. That's how I hope we do ours now that we have two.

Also pretty funny how he says if they went to the SEC now they would be playing in a division not as strong as the one they play in the ACC.

Jul 7, 2017, 11:07 PM

As many have stated, the author is quite the homer. A couple of problems with his analysis. As has been stated, he assumes nearly every team out there is just dying to get into the Bama, et. al. conference (ok WVU is) . Also, just being a member automatically makes your program better and makes you a national household name.

My guess is most fans, outside the southeast, can't name all 14 members of the sec conference. I'm not sure I can, I certainly can't list all the members of the PAC. I can barely keep up with all the new members of the ACC. lol

Has conference expansion run it's course ? IMO it was fueled by ESPN and conferences wanting the extra revenue form the conference championship game. I hope so, I hate it. I'm not happy with any of the schools recently added to the ACC other than VA Tech. UL has no morals and is old school win at all costs. The northern schools, meh, who cares. Instead of BC I want to play someone who has been in the ACC for years. There are teams I miss hating on. lol

Jul 8, 2017, 7:01 AM

I have to laugh at the hubris of so many connected with the SEC. This writer assumes the whole world of college athletics is waiting anxiously beside the telephone for the coveted call from the conference of "Alabama and everyone else." Get over yourselves. You are not everything you think you are.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic