Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things are gonna get nasty. Why would Dr. Ford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 68
| visibility 1

Things are gonna get nasty. Why would Dr. Ford

Sep 17, 2018, 10:02 AM

want to ruin her life like this?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/16/california-professor-christine-ford-claims-kavanaugh-sexually-assaulted-her-it-derailed-me.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ask this to ALL sides of the political spectrum here: Is there NO limit?

Sep 17, 2018, 10:09 AM

An unsubstantiated claim of sexual assault in high school from a registered Democrat on the eve of SCOTUS confirmation? The Stanford professor says it derailed her?

Disclaimer: I didn’t read the entire article so perhaps there is more to it than that? This just seems so thinly veiled and absurd.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

She has her therapist’s notes from 2012 when she

Sep 17, 2018, 10:12 AM

described the incident to her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so, she was OK with a rapist being on the DC Circuit?

Sep 17, 2018, 10:26 AM

and why, exactly, did DiFi sit on this letter?

do the notes reflect the name?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't reflect the name, and they say there were 4

Sep 17, 2018, 10:31 AM

attackers vs her story that there were two. Her explanation is that the therapist's notes were wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As someone who deals constantly with medical records

Sep 17, 2018, 11:22 AM

that don't exactly on point match my client's recollections, I'm inclined to think that's possible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't throw stones if you're okay

Sep 17, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to so, she was OK with a rapist being on the DC Circuit? ]

With what happened to Garland.

JoeG flagged for a nonsensical argument....

Sep 21, 2024, 11:37 AM

the issue of Garland not being taken up in an election year (Biden-rule as many would say) is not at all related to a claim of sexual abuse during high school and why it wasn't relevant to a position on the court of appeals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course not, just dirty tactics on both sides.***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:01 PM

2 different issues IMO***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:24 PM

response using recent tbalm logic:

Sep 17, 2018, 11:20 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't throw stones if you're okay ]

This thread is about Kavanaugh, not Garland. NICE STRAW MAN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and B00M!! 84!!***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope Kavanaugh gets confirmed but I’m not

Sep 17, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to response using recent tbalm logic: ]

going to criticize the dem tactics.

Something just doesn't add up here....

Sep 17, 2018, 12:32 PM

she sent a letter to her rep in HOR in early July and then sent a letter to Feinstein on July 30. All the while wishing to remain anonymous. All dems on the committee are told about the letter. She remains anonymous, and the letter is put in Kavanaugh's file and DOJ takes no action (I think). Then the week of his confirmation vote, she comes public, allegedly because the story was leaked last week.

It just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Assume some arm twisting going on.***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:35 PM

nothinging happened to Garland.....NOTHING

Sep 17, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't throw stones if you're okay ]

his reputation was not assassinated, he was not drug through the mud, every action of his life was not scrutinized.

He is just as successful and happy as he was before the nomination.

So what happens when Ginsberg or another liberal croaks in the next year?

Well, thinking being on the SC would be

Sep 17, 2018, 12:37 PM

pretty important to the guy.

being Head coach at clemson is important to me

Sep 17, 2018, 3:31 PM

not being interviewed has truly ruined my life!!

Lulz. Ok.***

Sep 17, 2018, 3:49 PM

Re: so, she was OK with a rapist being on the DC Circuit?

Sep 17, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to so, she was OK with a rapist being on the DC Circuit? ]

Dude, you know why Feinstein sat on the letter.

I know why she sat on the washing machine.

Sep 17, 2018, 3:47 PM

Not so sure about the letter.

You mean the notes that name no one and contradict the

Sep 17, 2018, 10:33 AM [ in reply to She has her therapist’s notes from 2012 when she ]

Number of people that Ford says were there at the time?

null

Excuse me...professor at “Palo Alto University”, not Stanford.***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I ask this to ALL sides of the political spectrum here: Is there NO limit? ]

null

thats akin to Midlands Tech, right?***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:47 AM

She previously worked at Pepperdine and Stanford. At

Sep 17, 2018, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Excuse me...professor at “Palo Alto University”, not Stanford.*** ]

Stanford she worked as a research psychologist and as a professor at the Stanford School of Medicine.

Okay. I was just correcting myself because I read “Palo Alto

Sep 17, 2018, 12:29 PM

“ and just thought “Stanford.”

null

I have no idea what to make of this story.***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likewise - timing is political but nevertheless requires ...

Sep 17, 2018, 12:20 PM

some investigation.

Seems there would be some sort of corroborating evidence. Also it seems that individuals who sexually assault women rarely do it one time - meaning there should be additional cases if true.

Trump should appoint Clinton to the Court

Sep 17, 2018, 10:24 AM

and watch the Dems do nothing regarding his multiple Rape charges. #DemHypocrites

your straw man

Sep 17, 2018, 10:31 AM

is really trying to muddy the waters on this one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a straw man. I've said the same thing for 20 years

Sep 17, 2018, 10:32 AM

Democrats have consistently given Bill Clinton a pass for his rape behavior.

Re: not a straw man. I've said the same thing for 20 years

Sep 17, 2018, 10:34 AM

this thread is aboutBrett Kavanaugh, not bill Clinton.

wrong. its a thread about politics. the Court has

Sep 17, 2018, 10:44 AM

become politics and Dr. Ford is intimately a political creature as adjudged by the attorney she hired.

no matter how you spin it

Sep 17, 2018, 10:50 AM

Bill Clinton is still not running for SCOTUS, your straw man argument has been noted.

doesn't matter. the same people opposing Kavanaugh

Sep 17, 2018, 10:54 AM

are the same people who support Bill and Hillary Clinton. This inherently weakens their argument in support of the accuser.

Re: doesn't matter. the same people opposing Kavanaugh

Sep 17, 2018, 10:55 AM

maybe find a candidate that is not all rapey and such.

democrats will always have some perjurer on call***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:46 AM

These situations are difficult...

Sep 17, 2018, 10:43 AM

The accusation must be taken seriously and investigated. If no evidence is found to corroborate or substantiate, then I would personally not let it affect my vote of confirmation, if I had one.

There is no reason to be in a big hurry. Investigate the claim as efficiently as possible, then address the confirmation based on the results of the investigation.

how do you investigate a 30yr old he said / she said?***

Sep 17, 2018, 10:46 AM

I don't know...I'm not an investigator.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:50 AM

I'm sure people who investigate for a living know how to do that.

This is political theater created specificLly to delay until after the election

Sep 17, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to These situations are difficult... ]

with the hope of getting a Democrat majority in the Senate and voting down this nominee.

I am not sure how you can say there is no hurry.

This whole thing is so blatant and unapologetically political. Honestly, an alleged, unsubstantiated claim of sexual assault from a California academic Democrat, kept quiet until his SCOTUS nomination and then kept quiet by the only Senator, a blatantly partisan one, who was given the information.

The whole thing is an embarrassment and a joke.

null

Well, I'm not interested in the politics of it...

Sep 17, 2018, 10:57 AM

I offer no words of support here for any Democrat or Republican, or actions they have taken on this so far.

If it's a false and unsubstantiated claim, as you say, then the investigation shouldn't take long.

I know you are above the partisanship of it, but I hope Dems realize how

Sep 17, 2018, 10:59 AM

low they are setting the bar with this blatant political stunt and the whole “turn about is fair play” thing.

Talk about a swamp.

null

If it is a stunt, then that would reflect very poorly on

Sep 17, 2018, 11:03 AM

whoever is involved in it, for sure. It would hurt everyone, especially legitimate victims of abuse.

Unfortunately, the most likely result of the investigation is probably an inability to prove or disprove, which would leave everyone to just make a decision. As I said, unless it is substantiated, I would vote to confirm.

Help me out, lawyers. I’m pretty sure the Statute of Limitations was up long ago,

Sep 17, 2018, 11:14 AM

in which case no one would even investigate for criminal prosecution. Which, again, is why she went to a VERY partisan Senator during his confirmation hearing...and not...you know...the police.

Anyway, I did a quick review and it looks like at best it would be misdemeanor sexual assault, which is long past the SoL (and ticking, since again, she hasn’t reported a crime to the authorities). Maybe is she uses that “I thought he might kill me” line it could bump up? I don’t know the law well enough to say.

null

The SOL doesn't apply to this...

Sep 17, 2018, 11:17 AM

there is no SOL for character evidence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t understand. What’s “character evidence”?

Sep 17, 2018, 11:21 AM

You mean for taking this into consideration for the SCOTUS confirmation? Yes. I’m talking about criminal charges.

null

Am I mistaken, or did the person she claims

Sep 17, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Help me out, lawyers. I’m pretty sure the Statute of Limitations was up long ago, ]

"pulled him off of her" say it absolutely never happened?

GO TIGERS!!

I would say if it could be proven that the accusation

Sep 17, 2018, 12:00 PM [ in reply to If it is a stunt, then that would reflect very poorly on ]

is an intentional lie, that the false accuser should be prosecuted. That would give people a reason not to do it.

we are locked in this cycle until we do something vastly

Sep 17, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I know you are above the partisanship of it, but I hope Dems realize how ]

different. The Dems look back at Merrick Garland as a watershed event. The pubs looks back to Thomas/Hill. Until something drastic changes, this is the cycle of back and forth and lowering the bar that we will see forever.

pubs look back to bork***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:42 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im Still thinking this whole Trump thing

Sep 17, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to we are locked in this cycle until we do something vastly ]

Is the vastly different thing in politics

How so?

Sep 17, 2018, 1:21 PM

Like scares everybody straight? Because politically, he's not really doing anything to slow down the burn.

You may not be. But everyone involved certainly is.***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Well, I'm not interested in the politics of it... ]

GO TIGERS!!

I'm sorry the search function doesn't work well

Sep 17, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to This is political theater created specificLly to delay until after the election ]

Because I can't find your post calling out the refusal to consider Merrick Garland's nomination "blatant and unapologetically political".

I'm sure it is in the database somewhere though. Somewhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was unapologetically political.

Sep 17, 2018, 11:30 AM

But it wasn't a blatant character assassination. Can we at least agree there's a little difference?

GO TIGERS!!

In method, but not in purpose...

Sep 17, 2018, 11:41 AM

they are both heavy handed win at all costs attempts to prevent a major swing in the court's make up.

Take it up with Joe Biden....

Sep 17, 2018, 11:46 AM

:)

Agree with Prod, except

Sep 17, 2018, 11:10 AM [ in reply to These situations are difficult... ]

there has been plenty of time to investigate. Dems have been holding on to this till the last minute...simply to delay/resist!

Ginsburg said the theatrics and vitriol

Sep 17, 2018, 11:08 AM

coming from the dems was pathetic.....

Yep, dirty as heck, the same as not bringing up

Sep 17, 2018, 12:03 PM

Garland for vote.

Except one of them accuses a man of sexual assault.***

Sep 17, 2018, 12:30 PM

null

that was "dirty"? Seems one can claim...

Sep 17, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Yep, dirty as heck, the same as not bringing up ]

playing politics with the nomination, etc...but it wasn't "dirty".

That wasn't dirty. Go look up the "Biden Rule".***

Sep 17, 2018, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Yep, dirty as heck, the same as not bringing up ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Kavanaugh should be presumed innocent unless proven

Sep 17, 2018, 11:56 AM

otherwise.

Dr. Ford should also be presumed innocent of lying, unless proven otherwise.

How exactly would this ruin her life?

Sep 17, 2018, 1:01 PM

She may not be at Stanford today but she'll be getting a huge promotion soon.

Whether its in academia or the speaking circuit she will be paid for this.

No one in her neck of the woods will do anything but praise her for her actions.

Ha. I was just about to make the same point. She is in

Sep 17, 2018, 3:13 PM

Academia in California. This won’t ruin her anything.

null

Oh yes, her future is assured.***

Sep 19, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to How exactly would this ruin her life? ]

‘Ruin her life’. LoL***

Sep 19, 2018, 8:24 PM

Replies: 68
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic