Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things I haven't read on TigerNet today:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Things I haven't read on TigerNet today:

Jul 31, 2020, 1:47 PM

"Brownell can't recruit."

Isn't it amazing that he figured out how to recruit one of our best recruiting classes in program history (with only 3 recruits at that!). This is despite supposedly not being a good recruiter for 10 years at Clemson and nearly 20 years as a college basketball head coach!

Or...and I'm just throwing this out there...maybe the investment our administration made in basketball facilities and coaching staff has something to do with it. Perhaps that's all he needed to be able to get more top recruits to consider Clemson. Crazy talk, I know!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Things I haven't read on TigerNet today:

Jul 31, 2020, 2:09 PM

In many cases, knowing this is his last year make people do weird things. Not griping. Happy with who they got no matter the reasons.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think he tried harder this year?!?

Jul 31, 2020, 2:12 PM

If so, suggesting that he hasn't done his best for Clemson in the past seems unfair.

From my perspective, his love for Clemson and his desire to win have never been in doubt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oh okay, let's go with your premise he has recruited well.

Aug 6, 2020, 12:22 PM

So then, why only one legitimate NCAA tournament in his tenure? Must be coaching.

What are the program's expectations for the next 1-3 years?

Jul 31, 2020, 2:10 PM

Can we set a benchmark of what is acceptable and what is not acceptable over the next few years? Is an NCAA tournament every 2 out of 3 years possible or realistic?

This seems like something you should start your own thread

Jul 31, 2020, 2:14 PM

about, rather than hijacking mine.

I need a new thread to ask you a question?

Jul 31, 2020, 10:51 PM

Draw a line in the sand and say what is acceptable or not. Enough blowing smoke or excuses.

This recruiting class is exciting. But on court results have been subpar.

So let me get this straight.

Aug 1, 2020, 3:52 PM

You and others whine about us not recruiting well enough. We start recruiting better and upgrade the talent level. Rather than be excited about it and be optimistic about the upcoming season(s), you continue to complain about past results.

The point of my post was to point out our improved recruiting. Obviously the hope is that we see more success on the court as well, but we haven't had a chance to show that yet.

Based on Brad's ability to get a lot out of his teams, I expect we will see more success in terms of wins and NCAA Tournament runs.

A lot out of his teams?? You mean ONE year where

Aug 5, 2020, 1:17 AM

Gabe Devoe got hot?? Whar about the team returning after? Major unachievment. You are clearly delusional.

Jul 31, 2020, 2:21 PM

Who cares how well he recruits if they keep transferring out. Maybe he can keep some of these guys more than a year or two.

A few things.

Jul 31, 2020, 2:35 PM

1. Anyone who supports Clemson basketball should care how well we recruit. Talent level matters a lot.
2. Brownell has yet to lose a significant contributor to transfer. It's always a player who had little to no chance at meaningful minutes, and/or a player who was passed on the depth chart.
3. In the case of our most recent transfer, Khavon Moore, he left because one of our new arrivals (Olivier Maxence-Prosper) is more talented.

Losing guys to transfer is common in college basketball today. We will continue to lose more players to transfer as guys who want more minutes but aren't getting them at Clemson look to go elsewhere to play more. If we lose a guy because we are replacing him with someone better, I'm good with that.

Re: A few things.

Aug 1, 2020, 8:25 AM

I guess I shouldn’t say I don’t care, because I do. What I meant was Khavon Moore was a 4 star, top 50 prospect out of high school. Everyone was excited when we picked him up. So why wasn’t he contributing? Brownell has been getting some decent transfers and recruits, they we don’t hear about them until they transfer out.

Jul 31, 2020, 6:48 PM

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

It's 2020 the end times apocalyptic holocacautic Armageddon

Jul 31, 2020, 2:44 PM

end-of-the-world-annihilation, so why wouldn't we expect that?

Re: Things I haven't read on TigerNet today:***

Jul 31, 2020, 2:47 PM

Jul 31, 2020, 3:37 PM

He has recruited one of our best classes in history. If he can do this consistently, the investments may have been all he needed. Let's hope so. I would have loved to see the end of last season. We may have been surprised.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 3:42 PM

Little John was Rockin for the Noles. What a game that was!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 4:14 PM

We enjoyed it. Couldn't beat that ending with a stick. Took down ole FSU!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 6:20 PM

We enjoyed it. Couldn't beat that ending with a stick. Took down ole FSU!

Yes. And we need to keep beating them once in awhile if we want to catch them in recruiting. They have the number 1 class now for the 2021 class after John Butler commited the other day. Have the two best recruits from SC in that class now. Guess Steve Smith is helping them out...

Story about orange overalls?***

Jul 31, 2020, 7:40 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As usual

Aug 1, 2020, 1:23 PM

BloodbeKeller shows up the same time as you and upvotes literally every one of your posts in one of JudgebeOrange's threads. Happens all time. Thread after thread can be shown with the same bizarre behavior. I mean honestly, does this odd behavior tangibly help your self-esteem?

What are you talking about?

Aug 1, 2020, 3:55 PM

You seem to enjoy talking trash to other posters more than you do talking about sports.

Did I miss your post sharing your excitement over our great recruiting class?

You're FOS.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:34 AM

Come on Karen. The charade has been clear for at least 7 months. Yet again, Bloodbekeller ALWAYS logs in when you do, then proceeds to upvote nearly every single post you make. You are obviously trying to make up for the lost pulse when you make you'te nonsensical basketball posts. I mean seriously, it is so obvious. It is not possible for you and Bloodbeorange to log im together as can be shown, and it is easily shown how you vote doe yourself using your other username. I mean, in reality I don't care all that much, but it is easily shown to be true. How many dozens of threads would you loke me show where you show up with two usernames and vote for yourself? JudgebeOrange doesn't upvote Bloodbekeller; you use Bloodbekeller to upvote your primary username. It's almost as if you don't care how easy it is to see. Would you like me to show 10, 20, 50 threads where this is the case? Let me know.

AGAIN, I met you Karen. I met you where you work. You are a woman. You have family ties to Judge Keller's store. You TOLD me so. We talked about you and your posts on Tigernet. I had my 3 kids with me. Just let me know if you would like me to tell you exactly where it was and roughly when. Its comically obvious you always avoid this subject.

You're a phony, obviously suffering from some self-esteem issues that you feel votes on a sports message boatd can fix. Please, Karen, get a hold of yourself. I don't dislike you. I just dislike your bizarre charade, how obvious it is, and how you continually deny it while the record makes it basically irrefutable.

Seriously, can you help yourself? Are you capable? If you're gonna continue voting for yourself, at least create a ne username and stop pretending you are a "close friend" of the handle you use to vote for yourself dozens of times every day. It really does make you look like some kind of nut. Karen.

LOL, you are wrong in several big areas.

Aug 4, 2020, 4:18 PM

First of all, I'm not BloodbeOrange or anyone else here. This is my only username.

Second, I'm obviously not concerned about my pulse because I frequently make posts that I know won't be popular. I post anyway because I feel that it's an opinion or thought worth sharing.

Third, you haven't met me in real life. I'm not a woman. I have no idea who you are.

Fourth, I have no connection with Judge Keller's store or the Keller family. I have stated so on multiple occasions here.

I'm not who you think I am. You have me confused with someone else.

I look forward to receiving your apology.

Sad.

Aug 5, 2020, 1:01 AM

I am right, about everything.

You lie, about everything.

Something must be wrong with. Voting for yourself with another handle is just the tip of the iceberg.

I'd feel sorry for you.. if you weren't such a pompous ###.

Re: As usual

Aug 1, 2020, 4:04 PM [ in reply to As usual ]

CourageousTiger/ now SavageTiger‘s previously banned Scok is insinuating we are the same person again. Oh, you two have met and you are a woman that used to run Judge Keller’s store. It will start t-mailing you, I’m sure cuz he started sending them to me from this Scok just like Courageous. Godspeed Judge Keller®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're full of crap, Karen.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:14 AM

I never said you run the store. I said you have family ties to the store, because that's what YOU told me. You know I never said you run the store, nutcase. Just more evidence you're FOS. You obviously have some issues.

Re: You're full of crap, Karen.

Aug 2, 2020, 12:49 AM

SavageTiger3901 =
CourageousTiger

LOL at him/her thinking we are the same person!

Aug 4, 2020, 4:20 PM

P.S. Who is CourageousTiger? I don't recognize the username.

Re: LOL at him/her thinking we are the same person!

Aug 4, 2020, 5:09 PM

Judge Keller®, go back and look at CourageousTiger’s post history before it got banned. It is glaringly obvious it is the same tool as SavageTiger3901

Just wait till it starts T-mailing you. I’ve got some good ones For you, lol!

Its evident - talking to yourself ...

Aug 5, 2020, 1:14 AM [ in reply to LOL at him/her thinking we are the same person! ]

You have issues. You and BloodbeKeller are the same person. That's why "BloodbeIorange" lgs in with "you" and inevitably upvotes your posts. You are flatout lying when you say you don't care about uour pulse. You were at 100% until you made dozens of absurd basketball posts. Obviously you are extremely desperate to raise it back up. Its a serious self esteem issue. Obviously.

I met and spoke to extensively about your family ties to Judge Keller's store. You are a woman. Just stop trying to be "one of the boys". I'm literally embarrassed for you and your shame to claim your gender. Very, very strange.

You seemed fairly sane when I met you, but obviously there are some screws loose. You're a fraud, Karen.

Re: Its evident - talking to yourself ...

Aug 5, 2020, 1:07 PM

You tell 'em KarenKeller!***

Aug 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

Aug 1, 2020, 1:26 PM

So are you back on the bandwagon or are you still open to a new coach?

Aug 1, 2020, 1:30 PM

Ok he did pull in a nice class.
Now let’s see how he performs with pregame and in game coaching and developing players.

Yes, obviously on court results are what ultimately matter.

Aug 1, 2020, 3:56 PM

It's still okay to enjoy our recruiting success now though.

Aug 1, 2020, 4:07 PM

I am so excited about basketball season. I just hope we can have fans at the game.

Im getting worried because usually we pick season ticket locations sometime in August and i haven't seen anything about that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting picked up when two things happened

Aug 6, 2020, 12:48 PM

In 2017-18, two changes were made and prior those Brownell couldn't recruit. Since we have been in talks with higher ranked players. Nick Bowman became recruiting coordinator and is known for his recruiting. In addition, Coach Antonio Dean, a coach from a championship team known for his ability to recruit was hired at same time. Then add in that he brought in Terrell MacIntyre the year before. Brownell learned from Dabo, to put former players on staff like he did with Ogelsby, have people around with true love for Clemson.

That said, Brownell's recruiting didn't miraculously get better, but he finally put people in position that are recognized for their ability to recruit. He should have done it long ago. No doubt Brownell can coach, but he couldn't put the talent on the floor. I look forward to Brownell having players that hopefully stay and play and don't transfer in a year. Ready for some competitive basketball.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic