Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is plenty of time for the blame game.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

There is plenty of time for the blame game.....

Jul 14, 2020, 5:22 AM

....after we get this under control. The fact is right this second cases are skyrocketing all over the country. Call it a cold or the flu or whatever you want, I don't know anyone who wants to be sick with anything.

It is incumbent upon every person in this country to do the only things we know to do. There is no point in arguing about effectiveness or lack of data or anything similar. The fact is we only know what we know at this point and that is to wear a mask and social distance. If there is any hope of any fall sports then that's what has to happen. At this point, it does not seem this will be anywhere near under control in less than two months but everyone should take this as a goal and do the things we have available. Anything short of that is simply self-serving and not worth discussing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mask and social distancing...

Jul 14, 2020, 6:28 AM

Now where have I heard this before? Wait. Don’t tell me. Something to do with cereal?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is plenty of time for the blame game.....

Jul 14, 2020, 6:35 AM

Skyrockets inflight, afternoon delight.

WRONG BOARD, MORAN!***

Jul 14, 2020, 7:08 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WRONG BOARD, MORAN!***

Jul 14, 2020, 8:30 AM

Football is a fall sport.

What is a "moran"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ newb! ^^^***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WRONG BOARD, MORAN!***

Jul 14, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: WRONG BOARD, MORAN!*** ]

Somebodie who does moranic things.

Quit looking at cases and track deaths

Jul 14, 2020, 9:23 AM

and hospitalizations, and then reduce those by about 20% to get a more accurate number.

But don't forget ~7,500 people die in the US every day of all causes.

Re: Quit looking at cases and track deaths

Jul 14, 2020, 10:24 AM

Any way you look at it.....positive tests, cases, hospitalizations, deaths, recoveries......all the number are going up. Want to take 20% off? Fine - they're still all going up at a very rapid rate. The only weapon we have right now.....other than stay at home and never leave......is to wear masks and social distance. And the only way for that to be successful is for everyone to participate.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Quit looking at cases and track deaths ]

NC_Tiger
That's true in most years. This year is completely different. People dying of Heart Disease, Obesity, Diabetes, and other forms of Diseases are at a all time lows this year. It must be that American's are taking the extra time off from work and school and exercising more to fend off these other diseases. OR could it be that the COVID numbers have been falsified to make COVID look worse than it really is? Ironically, MSNBC spoke to 5 of the top Pediatricians in the country and they all said that they wouldn't hesitate putting their children in school when it starts back up in August/September. Even now Alabama has started to tell its people if you test positive and do not have any symptoms then you should be back at work. They are following the CDC guidance. So if you can work and have COVID why would someone that doesn't have COVID have to wear a mask?

Jul 14, 2020, 10:58 AM

Because if you are exposed to Covid, there are up to 14 days before you can test positive. In effect you can be a carrier without testing positive.

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Quit looking at cases and track deaths ]

So deaths from heart disease, diabetes, and obesity are at all-time lows? Do you have a source that shows this?

Also, if all of those are at all-time lows then what are people dying of since the overall death rate is up?

Jul 14, 2020, 11:48 PM

The point is that heart disease, diabetes, obesity and cancer are not really lower but are reported as covid deaths. The rise in Covid cases in Florida is all because some lab tech falsified the data and turned 9.8% into 98%. Wake Up People.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Quit looking at cases and track deaths ]

NC,

Where did you get the 20% figure ??

Jul 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

mask mask mo mask.... bananna fana no mask .... fee fi fo masko

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet, there are plenty of graphs showing the

Jul 14, 2020, 10:43 AM

mortality rate going down...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Yet, there are plenty of graphs showing the

Jul 14, 2020, 11:01 AM

That's good....not true everywhere but it's good. But I don't want to get sick, do you? Besides we don't know if there are any long term implications.

Re: Yet, there are plenty of graphs showing the

Jul 14, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Yet, there are plenty of graphs showing the ]

Mortality rates going down was to be expected. When testing was limited (far too long IMHO), only the sickest people were getting tested, so mortality rate was up (as a %). Now that test are more widely available, the % of infected is up (& more accurate), but because more (comparatively healthier) people are in the mix, the mortality rate has gone down.

I wonder if the actual number of deaths per week have gone down - state by state ? Anyone got numbers on that ??

Jul 14, 2020, 10:39 PM

I know everyone wants this over. None of it is good. But doing nothing is not going to end it. For those who don't want to wear masks, that's cool - what is a better plan? If there's a better choice, throw it out there. Masks suck. But until there is something better, it's the only thing that MIGHT slow this down. Record cases all over today. No end in sight.

It seems that most of the people who are against wearing masks

Jul 14, 2020, 10:54 PM

don’t believe COVID is a serious threat.

They are the ones posting comparisons to deaths from other causes, questioning the accuracy of tests, doubting the numbers being publicized, and suggesting that this is all a conspiracy.

I don’t understand why people can’t just wear masks and socially distance. It’s not that hard. Otherwise, we will just see cases and deaths continue to go up until there is a vaccine. I’m not too confident that there will be a vaccine, and if there is it will be with very little efficacy testing and zero long-term testing. Not an appealing solution to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

There is a better plan for reducing transmission.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: There is plenty of time for the blame game..... ]

Have everyone stay in their house without seeing anyone else...until they all starve to death from a non-existent economy.

Problem solved.

Jul 14, 2020, 11:26 PM

I heard a Dr say yesterday that wearing a piece of t shirt fabric on your face to stop covid is equally effective as putting up a chain link fence around your back yard to keep mosquitoes out.
N-95 and P-100 are one thing, but this crap everyone is wearing thats useless is another.

Jul 15, 2020, 8:38 AM

Obviously some are better than others, but none are useless. That's easy enough to test. Any kind of covering will help at least some.

Since I have a vested interest, I watch the South Carolina numbers daily. The cases (1,173/100,000: total 60,389) and deaths (19/100,000: total 993) have nearly doubled in just the past 2 weeks.

Even with this huge increase, the lack of concern from folks on this board is incomprehensible. The desire to challenge every bit of preventative information is ridiculous. This kind of information is what decision makers will use to decide if football will happen this fall. Even if you don't care about yourself, your family, friends or co-workers, couldn't you at least try the masks so we will have football this fall? I hear a lot of complaining but no alternatives. In the meantime with these kind of numbers and the trajectory I'm cetainly not optimistic about fall football.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic