Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There are some things that I just don't understand..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

There are some things that I just don't understand..........

Nov 12, 2020, 7:38 AM

https://www.goupstate.com/story/news/2020/11/12/clemson-university-opening-first-lgbtq-living-community-2021/6059421002/

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple really, my dinosaur friend...

Nov 12, 2020, 7:44 AM

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

Special Treatment!

No Discrimination!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are some things that I just don't understand..........

Nov 12, 2020, 7:55 AM

All of those are discrimination if you ask me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Creating a "Safe Space" implies a lot of "Harmful Space"

Nov 12, 2020, 8:27 AM

exists on Clemson's campus. I'm not buying it...

Instead, I think it is just more about the University pandering to another self identified tribe that wants to create their own echo chamber bubble where they don't have to acknowledge or contend with people or ideas that are contrary to their own.

I wonder how long will it be before the calls for "separate but equal" safe spaces are being made by the other tribes (ethnic, religious, racial etc...). Back in my youth, such demands were known as "segregation" and it was considered an evil bigoted idea. Bad old ideas hidden behind a modern day mask (i.e. "safe spaces") will do nothing to create understanding, unify us as a people or solve our differences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 8:54 AM

I'm definitely with you, but I think that they're saying that some aren't comfortable with being around just regular everyday human beings, and they want special arrangements for themselves. That definitely should tell them something about themselves, bc it surely tells me about them, and I think that Clemson hit the nail on the head with allowing them to isolate themselves!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So how is that preparing these young folks to deal

Nov 12, 2020, 9:14 AM

with life after Clemson? Should we all just live in our separate tribal communities the rest of our lives in order to avoid being around people of different persuasions and ideas? How is that going to be beneficial to society?

What's next - creating tribe only classroom environments because some may not feel comfortable attending classes seated next to folks not in their tribe? How about their future work places? Should students expect that they will not have deal with outside the tribe folks in their daily jobs after college?

The "safe space" movement is nothing but old fashioned segregation and it is an evil idea that is meant to divide and separate people based on some self identified characteristic. It calls to tribalism and I have personally seen where that can lead in places like Bosnia and Croatia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So how is that preparing these young folks to deal

Nov 12, 2020, 10:40 AM

Fairly presented and I agree with this view. +1

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is ridiculous.***

Nov 12, 2020, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 12, 2020, 9:33 AM

Well then the mens XC n Track team can identify as women, move into Gressette Hall and compete on womens XC n Track.So since we are heading this way as a university I have decided to identify as a billionaire,... so when do I get info on my luxury box I will be using next year,I prefer 50 yard line either side of the field, because I am not picky and I do not expect special treatment hahahaha yeah right. Catering to the left will continue to deteriorate our country into oblivion.

Nov 12, 2020, 12:47 PM

Actually, it’s not a bad idea. According to people on the far left, and their communist sympathizers here on Tiger net, we all have the right to identify as whoever and whatever we are and no one has the right to tell us that we aren’t what we think and say we are so according to them it should be perfectly fine. And we would certainly dominate and win the national championship!

Nov 12, 2020, 11:32 AM

I am past truly caring, but what would be the response if students asked for an all straight dorm or an all white dorm? Some much for unity by promoting more segregation. I don't see how this promotes more inclusion or acceptance.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably more of a publicity stunt to show how “progressive”

Nov 12, 2020, 11:35 AM

We are. Universities are always concerned with optics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably more of a publicity stunt to show how “progressive”

Nov 12, 2020, 11:41 AM

What will they Gressette Hall? The Weird Ghetto?

I May Just Be Old and Stupid, But I Feel Like We Overthink

Nov 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

This stuff. I get scolded if I am not inclusive of others, yet others want to have exclusive zones, privileges etc. I truly don't care what people do in their own bedrooms, but please don't make me spend more $$ on your behalf or allege I am some baddie because I'm not out openly protesting for you. Go earn your own way in this world and then you can do what you want with your own $$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I May Just Be Old and Stupid, But I Feel Like We Overthink

Nov 14, 2020, 1:49 PM

Well said, and deserving as POTD!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 1:01 PM

When I first read the headline I thought this was dumb and stupid and for the record the whole safe space thing is absolutely 100% ridiculous and is an oxymoron when you consider what college and the college experience is all about and the purpose of going off to college. So don’t get me wrong, people today with all these different groups, a.k.a. tribes, they are segregating themselves and there is no denying that and getting around that.

If men or Christians or white people asked for the same types of special treatment other groups are now asking for and segregated them selves they would be burned at the stake. But, after reading the article it looks like this is a pretty common thing on campus with different people in different groups living together that share common interests. Now that I am aware of that I really don’t have a problem with this. Because in this situation they’re not asking for special treatment. They’re asking for something that already exists on campus

I am a pretty hard-core libertarian and typically would hate an idea like this because of people segregating themselves and asking for special rights and privileges. But in this case they’re clearly not.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic