»
Topic: There’s a rumor
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 18, 2018 5:28 PM by: SOLOS®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

There’s a rumor

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:10 PM

If Auburn loses to Ole Miss on Saturday, Gus Malzahn might lose his job during the following bye week. He may replace by DC Kevin Steele or OC Chip Lindsey as interim head coach. Even though he (Malzahn) has a contract that has at least 38 million dollars in buyout money.

Re: There’s a rumor

[1]
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:12 PM

That's a good way to throw away 45 million dollars in 8 weeks.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:14 PM

He should fire Kevin Steele before that happens. We of all people, should know what the real problem is if Steele is the DC. I can't believe that good teams keep hiring him.

jo

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:18 PM

If I were Gus I would call 3 plays the entire game and hope that rumor was true.

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:44 PM

Making more money not to coach a team than to coach a team seems like a screwed up deal to me for the school and a sweetheart deal for the coach. And the school is supposed to have the smart people? Maybe there should be a clause in the contract that states the coach must maintain a certain win/loss record or the buyout is no longer in effect. A long term contract may insure some degree of continuity and, hopefully, program stability, but it can also create a problem if the end results do not justify the contract terms.

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:47 PM

I went to my Boss's office telling him about this setup, hoping that I can negotiate a similar deal...He said he would let me know tomorrow.

So excited at the possibilities!!

Pink is in this time of year...***

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 5:28 PM

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I’d tank it on purpose, would be the wealthiest high school coach in northwest arkansas***

Posted: Oct 18, 2018 4:47 PM

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: $290 for 2 tickets to Cotton Bowl in SEC 415, Row 25. This covers overnight shipping and $15 handli...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1168 people have read this post