Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The worst game ever broadcast
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,487

The worst game ever broadcast

Aug 18, 2018, 6:28 PM

If anyone is in Charleston, turn on ABC and watch Summerville and Cedar Grove (GA) play. It's such a bad production. the camera work, the commentators, the sideline reporting, everything just wow

I can't explain it, it's just awful and spectacular at the same time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The worst game ever broadcast

Aug 18, 2018, 6:30 PM

As a former rival of the Green Wave .... go Cedar Grove , GA !

Go Stags

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 18, 2018, 6:41 PM

I played the stags in HS....we lost to the stags a lot in high school lol

Aug 18, 2018, 6:37 PM

the number 3 player in the country, Jadon Haselwood, is playing for cedar grove

Re: Stags

Aug 18, 2018, 7:51 PM

I remember watching the game between Berkeley and Stratford in like '85 or '86 when the Stags had Mike Dingle, Knights had George Rush and Harold Green in their senior year. Low-scoring game, but they all busted loose late in the 4th qtr., so there wasn't even video highlight coverage on the local sportscast that night. It all happened too late for cameras.

I think all 3 players ended up as Gamecocks, with Dingle and Green both moving on to play for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Meanwhile, my friend Keith Jennings was an All-American WR for the Green Wave, played at Clemson for Coach Ford and learned to block so well he played TE in the pros. His brother Stanford (Green Wave) was 3-time SoCon PoY at Furman who scored for Cincinnati in the Super Bowl.

Great players from the Lowcountry back in the 80's.

Aug 18, 2018, 8:04 PM

It was 1986 , I was a junior . That had to be one of the best HS games in SC history . Mike and Harold both left it on the field , Stags won a squeaker . I was in on that .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 18, 2018, 8:07 PM

Berkeley also had John Rivers , a TE that played at Va Tech and Mike's older brother Tony a FB who went on to play at SC State .

DB23

Aug 18, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Stags ]

"I was in on that"--you played for BHS?

Dood, it's HS football

Aug 18, 2018, 11:29 PM

What did you expect?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dood, it's HS football

Aug 19, 2018, 4:03 PM

At the Corky Kell Klassic in ATL yesterday, refs made a terrible call awarding a TD to a WR who skillfully stripped the DB while on the ground in the end zone.

These are some of the best teams in GA, best players in the nation. Since the whole stadium (playing at Mercedez-Benz) could see the replay, there will probably be some push to introduce replay in certain specific situations in GA, like it currently is in some states already.

Even though "Dood, it's HS", the money and expectations are trickling down from the college game. The state championships in GA have been produced and televised surprisingly well on the GPB network for close to 20 years.

Re: Dood, it's HS football

Aug 19, 2018, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Dood, it's HS football ]

At the Corky Kell Klassic in ATL yesterday, refs made a terrible call awarding a TD to a WR who skillfully stripped the DB while on the ground in the end zone.

These are some of the best teams in GA, best players in the nation. Since the whole stadium (playing at Mercedez-Benz) could see the replay, there will probably be some push to introduce replay in certain specific situations in GA, like it currently is in some states already.

Even though "Dood, it's HS", the money and expectations are trickling down from the college game. The state championships in GA have been produced and televised surprisingly well on the GPB network for close to 20 years.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,487
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic