Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The win that the media makes feel like a loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,776

The win that the media makes feel like a loss

Sep 22, 2015, 5:38 PM

The media just shredded us for that close win since Thursday. The best part, Look what happened to other top 25 teams and they're close wins against inferior opponents. Example OSU...need I say more. They can only ignore us until our Tigers win every week. Somehow I feel like that's what it will take...sadly. Why are they so obnoxious? Do they think that makes them look smarter? I honestly believe it makes them look even more overpaid and oblivious to what is really going on. E s p n so called experts are worse at picking winners than the weatherman giving us a daily storm report. Geeez

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The win that the media makes feel like a loss

Sep 22, 2015, 5:58 PM

Wonderful post!!! I couldn't agree more, and if that's more motivation for our Tigers to win every week then so be it but we know what kind of talent/depth we have....people don't realize how good a defense UofL has, other than maybe ND I say bestate defense we play all regular season!! #ALLIN GO TIGERS

Sep 22, 2015, 5:59 PM

When you say the media, I'm thinking ESPN. They do not count because they are just a pimp for the SEC. They will say that about everyone except ND, SoCal, and The Ohio St.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 6:11 PM

Like it or not ESPN is like the "Godfather" of College Football. I hate it.

ESPN's mentality toward college football is ride the coat tails of the powerhouse's of yester year. Hate to tell ya ESPN, they're are some new kids on the block and they ain't lying down for nobody TCU, Baylor, say hi. Programs that have traditionally been the baby brothers, Ole Miss, Miss St. Point is, look at all the up and coming programs. Now that's a story. Enough with the bashing. There is positive stories to tell once in a while....oh I forgot, what fun would that be.

Go Tigs

Actually,

Sep 22, 2015, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: The win that the media makes feel like a loss ]

they spend 85% of the programs on SEC teams and the other lecturing why OSU, ND and USC will fail today.

Talk up the favs and talk down the rest. Euck FSPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 6:24 PM

I like Robert Smith from ESPN. The others can go for a hike...

Sep 22, 2015, 7:28 PM

I think Danny Kannell is pretty good, he tells it like it is.

He wouldn't put Michigan State in his top 4 because he said 2 teams from the same conference won't get in. Lee Fitting didn't like that on twitter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 6:53 PM

Did you notice the ESPiN's talkers have decided ND probably won't win the game against us?

They are already talking ND down so our win won't be a 'good win.' As if there's ever been a 'bad win,' or a 'good loss.'

ESPiN, no sports news without spin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2015, 8:09 PM

Yes they have been talking us down. Truth is they know DV is a tough place to get a road win. We will beat ND at home. Our defense is legit....again. Offense will get it together in the next few weeks. We are young, these are the growing pains.
If we win the so called "experts" in the media will say we had HF adv, ND has a back up QB, and a lot of injuries to key guys.

All true...but you beat GT how come you can't beat CU!!!
I'll tell you why we are legit.
Go Tigs

Sep 22, 2015, 9:06 PM

Just what is it you folks want? ESPN has built us up time and again only to watch us flop. Since losing to WVU in a most embarrassing way we have held our own or surpassed expectations, but look at the history since Ford got run off. We are ranked in the top 15, expected to win the conference, get plenty of TV time and money..... The rest will come, but we've given them no reason to hand it to us yet.

Sep 22, 2015, 9:41 PM

Everybody has the right to there own opinions. Its not so much what they are saying, its the way they say it. Condescending, snide comments, put our football team down. A win is a win. Louisville has good players. If they play

Sep 22, 2015, 9:54 PM

Their game, they can give us hell. I think Thursday they did that and DW4 made some questionable passes. "Any given Sunday", well there's also any given Saturday. It almost seems like these commentators think going undefeated is a given.

That is a whole other subject though. Programs, conditioning, one on one training, coaching, nutritional programs. There is better players and more of them. Which leads to more programs being able to compete, hence upset victories, close games, FCS programs beating power 5 TEAMS.

don't gimme this crap, " what do we expect". Its not just ESPN guys, these commentators are regurgitating tired retortic from other analysts and well known haters of the ACC.

But as I said, all we have to do is put an undefeated season together. Thanks for letting me share.

Go Tigs

They show Clemson no respect and receive none in return.

Sep 22, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The win that the media makes feel like a loss ]

What's the problem?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They show Clemson no respect and receive none in return.

Sep 22, 2015, 10:31 PM

No problem......except for the fact that all these guys are saying the ACC will be left out of the CFP.

News flash....the ACC will have a seat at the table. By the way I don't watch ESPN news or sports center. I read articles SI, bleacher report, blogs, fox sports. I watch the games....for now on I'll watch the games on mute.

Go Tigs

The bottom line is that we got the "W". All that matters.***

Sep 22, 2015, 9:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Ironically, Jesse Palmer gave us a lot of love saying to watch out for Clemson***

Sep 22, 2015, 9:08 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

The don't watch or read. They tick you off and you read

Sep 22, 2015, 9:08 PM

more. Their strategy is working!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,776
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic